Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A heads up for my .com friends.

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'concealed'

Just that.....

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Don’t ask don’t tell

N
N
They can’t prohibit you from carrying your legal weapon in your suitcase and having it in your room. Your suitcase and room is legally considered your “home” from what I remember.
Someone can correct me on this.

Of course, I don’t want to give my money to any business that thinks this way anyway. They will use their profits to fight against your God given rights.

Last edited by North_to_Alaska; 04/24/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Should anything like that happen to me........................

"Sorry, I didn't read the email, just pulled the confirmation number and deleted it"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In Texas, a hotel cannot prevent you from carrying a concealed firearm in your room or in direct route to your room.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup

Got the same thing when we stayed up north to visit wife's cousin.

Fúck em, I carried

No other vacancies nearby

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

Just wondering how they know this?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That’s interesting. We have stayed in one on the way home from Florida once and I don’t think they had that policy then (2021).

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just one of the many reasons that we travel with our rv and almost “never” rent a motel room.

Our rv is a “ very” firearm friendly environment! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender

Color me perplexed as well IB

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just because I like to check things, and figuring it might be the individual HI Express you were dealing with, I checked.

at least in 2018 this was the case for Holiday Inn places

https://www.concealedcarry.com/safety/concealed-carry-laws-and-tactics-for-hotels/

HG Hotels Gun Policy (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Avid, Staybridge, Candlewood, Hotel Indigio, EVEN Hotels, Kimptom, Hualuxe, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts,

IHG does not have a system-wide policy regarding the ability to carry firearms on property at IHG branded hotels. Rather, we believe this decision is a local one that rests with our franchisees, the overwhelming majority of which do not have policies prohibiting firearms at their hotels. In those specific instances, a guest would be advised of this policy during the reservation process. (Email received Aug 8th 2018)

But, there is conflicting reporting out there too. I tend to not want to stay in a place unarmed in some sort of fashion. My job prevented me from carrying for a few years on the boats/barges, so when I was unloaded away from home and had to stay at a place all I had available was a knife........but that was not my preferred choice. Now, just like in some other businesses, I just take my chances with them finding out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would you even ask the hotel?

Staying in a state where its legal to do so - do so. Like asking the cop for a breathalyzer when pulled over for speeding because "I had a couple of beers and don't want to be over" - why would you EVER invite the scrutiny?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And if they find out, do you go to Holiday Inn jail? LOL!
Fugg'em !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They (HIE) wouldn't know if you were carrying unless you were sloppy about it. Most likely the policy is there to CYA their azz just in case a bad shooting happens. In that case, HIE can say that person had a firearm against our policy and we have no liability associated with this incident. HIE policy doesn't trump law and if it is legal for you to have a firearm there and in a concealed manner then I would carry on as usual.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Policy? Good Lord.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You can only assume they want you dead if attacked. I wouldn't go there either.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raeford

OK. Consider yourself a colored man. 😏

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford

OK. Consider yourself a colored man. 😏

Do it come with perks?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wow you showed them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 1936M71, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,442
Posts18,489,508
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.