Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We stayerd in a number of them over the yrs going on hog hunts. carried in long guns sidearms and ammo . did not want to leave anything in the trucks. always have 3 or 4 truck loads of guys .

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ringman
A heads up for my .com friends.

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

Fugg em. I traveled 2x this year to hunt requiring a hotel stay. Not leaving my rifle in the car, so I will carry it in.

If I can't, then I will stay elsewhere.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
'concealed'

Just that.....
BOOM!

YOUR right of self-defense does not end at the door...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think lots of you guys are not getting why I posted this.

It's not, "I can carry if I want to". It is informing those who don't want their money going to an American hating company.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not, "I can carry if I want to". It is informing those who don't want their money going to an American hating company.

How did they know that you planned to?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

Just wondering how they know this?

with the left, you don't think this isn't just a shotgun approach to the general public.

If you ignore and don't show a reaction of shock, how are they going to know you have one with you, on your person or in your vehicle.. unless you are a real idiot about it.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

How did they know that you planned to?

I not talking about whether I carry or not. The policy info came to my email with the confirmation #.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Fugg'em !"

You do that by NOT giving them money (and being sure to tell them why).
Paying them in spite of stupid policies isn't "Fugg'ing" 'em, it's paying someone to try to "fugg" you.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

It doesn't appear to be a HIE Corporate policy but a locally owned HEI policy, maybe letting all know where this exact HEI is located would help your[our] cause.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Interesting how you clump corporate with the everyday workers. Stayed in one in downtown SLC had a sign on the door stating no guns, asked the clerk about it he stated “ that’s corporate policy not ours. If i dont see it you havent got it. Then he stated “Dont go into that park across the street after dark unarmed, bad place”.

Swifty
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
a bunch of us (23) guys went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered food and beer, when the food was arriving at our table the manager informed us they dont allow firearms on the property, he must of seen or someone told him, well we where all carry concealed, so we all got up and walked out as we werent taking them off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steveredd1
a bunch of us (23) guys went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered food and beer, when the food was arriving at our table the manager informed us they dont allow firearms on the property, he must of seen or someone told him, well we where all carry concealed, so we all got up and walked out as we werent taking them off.

A restraunt up in Omaha wasnt as nice. They waited until the guy drank some beer then called the police. Zero tolerance.

You can concealed carry in the restaurant area of an eatery that serves alcohol with a Nebraska concealed carry permit or a permit/license from a state that Nebraska honors, unless posted and provided you consume no alcohol. However, concealed carry is not allowed in bars or the bar areas of restaurants

Swifty
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by cas6969
"Fugg'em !"

You do that by NOT giving them money (and being sure to tell them why).
Paying them in spite of stupid policies isn't "Fugg'ing" 'em, it's paying someone to try to "fugg" you.

I agree

I would not try to sneak in rifles.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That policy would have no weight in Kentucky if you possess a CDWL, if you were found out to have a firearm and they called LE the only thing you could end up with is a $25 fine that doesn’t effect your license.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I spent two nights in one this week and received no such notice.
I was in CA where law abiding citizens carrying firearms isn’t quite as common as some other places.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was driving on a hunting trip and had reservations to stay the night in Mitchell, SD. There was a sign in the parking lot, "Do not leave firearms unattended in vehicle.". On the way out the door after I registered there was a sign that said, "No firearms in room."
I figured I had to keep my rifles somewhere. I took them in the room with me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Where were you staying?

I have stayed in HIE's over the years and have never seen any such notification. Makes me wonder if this is a corporately owned or franchised property.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom Bodett ain't give a fugk about guns.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
[Where were you staying?

I have stayed in HIE's over the years and have never seen any such notification. Makes me wonder if this is a corporately owned or franchised property.

I didn't stay. I called for reservations. When the confirmation came to my email the notice was included. I cancelled and re-registered in another place after I found out the new place doesn't hate America.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Where were you staying?

Someone posted above that HIE leaves that to the franchisee.

Ringy
What town was this in?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.