Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#19409443 04/25/24
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting take here by a NY union. Now I get it - Trump as a developer likely has good relationships with the construction unions in the area but still.

Here's a guy who is willing to be public about dissatisfaction with the D side. I can't remember this in my lifetime.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting. Just this morning I saw a headline saying the construction unions were for Biden. Must have been a typo, the press don't lie.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Green New Deal isn't union friendly. The UAW got the message...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Interesting. Just this morning I saw a headline saying the construction unions were for Biden. Must have been a typo, the press don't lie.

Watching RAV early this AM, couple hundred union[construction] workers were waiting outside of the courthouse for Trump to arrive.
They seemed very happy to get to meet him.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unions are shrinking. The democrats support the illegals that cut union members throats pay wise.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's not even about the union for me. I just can't remember the last time "traditional" allies of the DNC have publically called them out and said they're done with it.

Unions
African-Americans

Groups like that are not being open about dissatisfaction with the DNC - wayyyy too late to save our country but still, at least they've mentioned the rising water finally.

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Interesting….. Just a month or so ago, the pos UAW President proclaimed joe biden is part of the UAW family, to a cheering crowd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s a wide gap between what most union members think and what the leadership thinks. I’ve run into a few diehard, brainless sheep members, but in general the rank and file are pretty conservative, and growing more so. A glaring exception to that was my former UPS driver, a pretty nice black guy, who he was all in on the union line as well as all the race stuff. At least he could talk about it rationally, and admitted the Teamsters had screwed them when they absorbed other unions with pension financing troubles.

My former union spent 75% of our dues on Democrat campaign contributions, so when I moved to a RTW state, I dumped them, simply by not signing on with the different local. Unlike the DC and MD locals, they never even tried to sign me up.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thinking a large percentage of Union members will break ranks and vote Republican is akin to believing the same about the black community. Ain’t gunna happen.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Somewon said nothing can stop what is cummin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Somewon said nothing can stop what is cummin.
…and he was correct.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a lot of dissatisfaction among the rank and file. We get the propaganda from the national, or Rep. is taking the silver while quietly disagreeing. He doesn’t even try to influence us anymore.

The last Rep called our former President and wanted us to take a knee at lunchtime to support George Floyd.
“You have a better shot of lunch with the Pope than that happening”

The current president is not as tactful.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Union members will overwhelmingly support the Democrat nominee, same plantation as the black community

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Interesting take here by a NY union. Now I get it - Trump as a developer likely has good relationships with the construction unions in the area but still.

Here's a guy who is willing to be public about dissatisfaction with the D side. I can't remember this in my lifetime.

And yet union donations keep going to the party destroying America

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by BamBam

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.
'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.
Bullschit

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

Steve, most union members do support the Republicans

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

'
This ^^^

Then why do those members allow their elected officers to throw their monies[dues] and support behind leftists?

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (44mc, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 1,330 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.