Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I saw it explained the other day that the 3rd temple will be built for the antichrist to desecrate. Then there will actually be a 4th temple built that Jesus will reign from on earth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus ended the sacrifices once and for all. If the Jews resurrect them, at best you could call them pagan rituals. God will likely be highly offended with them.

As far as an actual building, from what I've read, there's plenty of room on the temple mount for it without disturbing the Muslim Dome of the Rock. What archeologists believe to be the exact site of Harod's temple is currently vacant with the dome sitting away from it. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the towel heads will do if they build it there. They'll be furious and will go to war to stop it.

The mount is the inner square. They believe the temple sat in the large open area at the top right.
[Linked Image from generationword.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There certainly are plenty of antichrist people around to pick one from.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Summary: It can't be totally ruled out but IMO, no.

One of the last times that was tried, fire came out of the ground and drove the workers away.

Jesus established the eternal, everlasting sacrifice of His body. Never again will animal sacrifice be the sacrifice desired by God, so there is no need for a Jewish temple.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/will-the-jerusalem-temple-ever-be-rebuilt

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The third temple will be the tribulation temple, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. Satan will sit in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God. The tribulation temple is also mentioned in Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15, and Revelation 11:1-2

The temple has to be built before the tribulation or in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation. Scripture makes it clear that the temple is built.

Isaiah talks about the sacrificial system of the Mosaic Law that will be reinstated, Isaiah 66:1-6. The fact that the Jewish people will build this temple shows their failure to listen to God’s Word and come to Him by faith in Jesus (verse 4).

Isaiah spoke of the (third) temple as one not sanctioned by God. God wants Israel to return to Him in faith, not in the building of a structure.

The new temple will only end in judgment (verse 6) and not in the forgiveness of sins or acceptable worship. That the temple will be rebuilt is clear teaching of scripture.

Then another temple, the millennial temple will be built by God in the millennial kingdom. Ezekiel 40-Ezekiel 43 describes the physical facets of the millennial temple that will include an inner and outer court, an outer wall, and an altar…

Ezekiel also includes specific measurements and types of sacrifices. If the details were meaningless, Ezekiel wouldn’t have been instructed to write them down…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Believers in Yeshua are the living stones of the Temple...today. Now.

No need for any earthly temple made by human hands.

Any so-called temple built today is a counterfeit.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
We're the slowest we've been in years. Does anyone know where we can submit our bid?

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

The question I would propose is where does God and Christ dwell?
If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kolofardos
We're the slowest we've been in years. Does anyone know where we can submit our bid?
Include bullet proof vests in the bid. The builders will need them.

― George Orwell

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Include bullet proof vests in the bid. The builders will need them.

FFS. I think I'll be sitting in the truck and watching the boys work through binoculars.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think it was Nehemiah who was rebuilding the temple after the Babylonian captivity. His men worked with a spear in 1 hand and their tools in the other. A new temple on the mount will be built the same way.

― George Orwell

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Israelis hinted at blowing up Al Aqsa. They’re lunatics. Might seem the perfect bait for wider war one that will absolutely destroy them.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by K22

If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.
You do not have to look for him.He dwells in you and all around you . No need for a building of stone and wood.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Who cares?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The biblical language of the prophets is packed full of symbolism and metaphor and allegory and hyperbole.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also packed with literal truth.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Bible’s not gonna contradict itself. It makes sense to use the clear texts to shed light on passages that are harder to understand, like the old testament prophecies. Whatever the meaning of a prophecy turns out to be, it won’t contradict what other clear passages in the Bible plainly teach.

God’s revelation to us is cumulative…it grows and unfolds over time…it seems wise to use the parts that came later to better understand what came earlier. The OT authors didn’t know who the Messiah would turn out to be or when He would come. And no one before the prophet Jeremiah had any idea that God was gonna make a New Covenant.

So should we be using the things revealed in the New Testament to properly interpret the old testament…? The NT is not gonna contradict the OT, but it does help to explain it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Also packed with literal truth.

Yes, some we understand now and some we will understand in the future, it is the truth!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I used to care.

Honestly I did, but after decades of watching the modern state of Israel bilk the US out of billions of dollars, and play their games a la Epstein I don’t anymore. Let them figure it out. I hold no special place in my heart for the European Jews that settled the modern secular state of Israel. Same as I feel towards the Vatican.

I believe church is people, and not fixed to a place. A beautiful glade in the woods where you feel close to god? That’s church too.

The rest is nonsense looking to take you for a ride and steal from you.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Before the end, the Jews are going to wake up. In Rev, it talks about 144,000 Jews coming from all 12 tribes. It's been long debated whether this is a symbolic or actual number. Many Bible scholars think it means the entirely of the Jewish people. At any rate, there will be a bunch of them who wake up and realize that Jesus is the true messiah. They will be marked by God on the forehead, in contrast to those who have the mark of the beast, the evil one.

― George Orwell

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by K22

You do not have to look for him.He dwells in you and all around you . No need for a building of stone and wood.

Does it not say that God does NOT dwell Temples made by hands. So it does indicate that God does dwell in Temples and if it wasn't made by hands then what is it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bible’s not gonna contradict itself. It makes sense to use the clear texts to shed light on passages that are harder to understand, like the old testament prophecies. Whatever the meaning of a prophecy turns out to be, it won’t contradict what other clear passages in the Bible plainly teach.

God’s revelation to us is cumulative…it grows and unfolds over time…it seems wise to use the parts that came later to better understand what came earlier. The OT authors didn’t know who the Messiah would turn out to be or when He would come. And no one before the prophet Jeremiah had any idea that God was gonna make a New Covenant.

So should we be using the things revealed in the New Testament to properly interpret the old testament…? The NT is not gonna contradict the OT, but it does help to explain it.

The OT must be read in the light of the NT.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God and the Holy Spirit are spirits. They're omnipresent - they're everywhere at once. How does a spirit 'dwell' anywhere? He is where he is.
When the Hebrews came out of Egypt, they'd spent 4 centuries in a polytheistic culture where there were gods of everything and they lived in various places. They knew only gods that had specific dwellings. It took them a long time to come to grips with a God who was pure spirit and who lived everywhere.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by K22

Does it not say that God does NOT dwell Temples made by hands. So it does indicate that God does dwell in Temples and if it wasn't made by hands then what is it?

It is each one of us.

Z
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Matthew 19:26

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I used to care.

Honestly I did, but after decades of watching the modern state of Israel bilk the US out of billions of dollars, and play their games a la Epstein I don’t anymore. Let them figure it out. I hold no special place in my heart for the European Jews that settled the modern secular state of Israel. Same as I feel towards the Vatican.

I believe church is people, and not fixed to a place. A beautiful glade in the woods where you feel close to god? That’s church too.

this

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Whether you like Jews or not, they're still God's chosen people. God says here that he will bless those who support them. The US has done so up to this point and we've been one of the great nations of the world. If (I should say 'when') we turn our backs on them, we'll have God's curse on us. People everywhere are turning away from Israel and look what's happening. Europe is falling to the Muslims and this country is corrupt and bowing to the deviants. Only bad will come out of this. Before the end, the entire world will be against Israel and this world will be ruled by Satan himself in the person of the anti-christ. He'll be short lived but entirely evil. Israel will stand alone...but God will fight for them and they will prevail, not as Jews but as Christians because they will recognize Jesus for who he really is.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I used to care.

this

The Church is Israel, and has nothing to do with a Middle Eastern nation-state of the same name.

Z
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And that’s where things perhaps get a little tricky.

In today’s world there is a nation-state named Israel that is occupying much of the geography that the Old Testament refers to as the promised land. So does this really mean that if we want God’s blessing, we have to support the modern nation-state of Israel and everything that they do…?

The New Testament makes it pretty clear that the Israel of God is NOT a modern nation-state and that it is NOT made up of the people who occupy it. The New Testament makes it pretty clear that the Israel of God is Jesus and ALL of those people who are united to Him by grace alone through faith alone.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, it's tricky. We can't support sin and if what they do is sinful, we can't support that. As for their refusal to accept Christ, that's God's to deal with. He has a plan and it's not our place to interfere with that.
Over the last 2000 years, the RCC has brutalized Jews and they will pay dearly for that. Some protestant churches have done the same, the Church of England in particular.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, it's tricky. We can't support sin and if what they do is sinful, we can't support that. As for their refusal to accept Christ, that's God's to deal with. He has a plan and it's not our place to interfere with that.
Over the last 2000 years, the RCC has brutalized Jews and they will pay dearly for that. Some protestant churches have done the same, the Church of England in particular.
You should investigate RCC teaching on the Jews and the history.

I don't believe current Judaism constitutes God's current chosen people. They were in the OT, but the New fulfilled the Old, and that fulfillment is that people of all nations constitute "God's people".

Personally, I'm not "anti-Jewish". I think the problems Christendom faced with them in the past should be dealt with legislatively in laws that apply to everyone. Of course, if anyone thinks that would look like "FREEDOM" or "MY RIGHTZ" or what the current American legal landscape looks like, they are *way* off base.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It will be rebuilt as the seat of The Beast, and nothing else.

There was once a Roman Emperor who was a filo-Semitic. He handed over to a Jewish architect unlimited financial backing to reconstruct the Temple in Jerusalem. He immediately went to work to rebuild it, but his workers kept getting incinerated by jets of fire that would blast from unknown sources underground. Eventually, all the workers quit over this, and the project was abandoned.

It wasn't yet time for the rule of Antichrist.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I don't believe current Judaism constitutes God's current chosen people. They were in the OT, but the New fulfilled the Old, and that fulfillment is that people of all nations constitute "God's people".

Personally, I'm not "anti-Jewish". I think the problems Christendom faced with them in the past should be dealt with legislatively in laws that apply to everyone. Of course, if anyone thinks that would look like "FREEDOM" or "MY RIGHTZ" or what the current American legal landscape looks like, they are *way* off base.

The regeneration of national Israel is the basis of the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34. God promised to forgive sins and restore fellowship to those who turned against Him.

Moses first alluded to the New Covenant in Deut 29:4. Moses foresaw Israel’s fall (in keeping the Old Covenant) but saw a time of Israel’s restoration, Deut 30:1-5.

Isaiah also prophesized the New Covenant and mentions Israel’s regeneration, Isaiah 29:22-24,30:18-20. God chose Israel from the very beginning and hasn’t abandoned or replaced His chosen people, contrary to popular belief, Isaiah 44:1-5: 44:21-23. Israel will be saved by God, Isaiah 45:17.

When God regenerates Israel, He will give His chosen people the heart to know Him (a regenerated heart), Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 36:25-27, and the Jewish people will be pardoned, Jeremiah 50:19-20.

“I will give them one heart and a new spirit…they will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 11:19-20
(Does that sound like the Jewish people have been replaced?)

The regeneration of Israel is also a predominant theme of the minor prophets. Israel’s hardening and blindness are temporary, not permanent, Romans 11:25-27.

God has a prophetic and covenant plan for Israel. The Church is not the new Israel, and the promises God made to Israel have not been transferred to the Church, at least according to scripture.

Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, Luke 1:33. This will be fulfillment of the Messianic prophesies to Israel. Jesus will rule Israel on earth from David’s throne in Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:9.

Incidentally, the RCC has distorted many Christian truths…

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I think it was Nehemiah who was rebuilding the temple after the Babylonian captivity. His men worked with a spear in 1 hand and their tools in the other. A new temple on the mount will be built the same way.

We are approaching this point in the U.S. today. If you follow Keith Graves "Christian Warrior" news feed, the Feds (FBI?) have issued multiple alerts stating that terror attacks against churches in the U.S. are imminent. Federal alerts have been provided to multiple LE organizations. But, not to churches. Go figure.

There are already multiple individual attacks against Christian churches, Christian church goers, and on Christian church properties each week that go unreported, or grossly under reported by the Lame Stream Media. And if the perp is apprehended, very seldom any type of "hate crime" charge is leveled. If same happened against mosques or muslims, it would be front page news for multiple news cycles...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Isnt today the day they sacrifice the first of the red heifers? in order to cleanse and sanctify the grounds for the building?

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The regeneration of national Israel is the basis of the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34. God promised to forgive sins and restore fellowship to those who turned against Him.

Moses first alluded to the New Covenant in Deut 29:4. Moses foresaw Israel’s fall (in keeping the Old Covenant) but saw a time of Israel’s restoration, Deut 30:1-5.

Isaiah also prophesized the New Covenant and mentions Israel’s regeneration, Isaiah 29:22-24,30:18-20. God chose Israel from the very beginning and hasn’t abandoned or replaced His chosen people, contrary to popular belief, Isaiah 44:1-5: 44:21-23. Israel will be saved by God, Isaiah 45:17.

When God regenerates Israel, He will give His chosen people the heart to know Him (a regenerated heart), Jeremiah 24:7, Ezekiel 36:25-27, and the Jewish people will be pardoned, Jeremiah 50:19-20.

“I will give them one heart and a new spirit…they will be my people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 11:19-20

The regeneration of Israel is also a predominant theme of the minor prophets. Israel’s hardening and blindness are temporary, not permanent, Romans 11:25-27.

God has a prophetic and covenant plan for Israel. The Church is not the new Israel, and the promises God made to Israel have not been transferred to the Church, at least according to scripture.

Jesus will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, Luke 1:33. This will be fulfillment of the Messianic prophesies to Israel. Jesus will rule Israel on earth from David’s throne in Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:9.

You are quoting OT stuff there. Most of it pertains to events like the restoration following the Babylonian Captivity.

Re: Luke, the RCC is the new Isreal.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Last edited by hosfly; 04/26/24.

I AM AMERICA!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Who cares?

Well nobody cares what you say handy jackoff, there is that . . .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You are quoting OT stuff there. Most of it pertains to events like the restoration following the Babylonian Captivity.

Re: Luke, the RCC is the new Isreal.
Romans 11 does a pretty good job of explaining that The Church did not take the place of Israel and never will.

In part...11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now[h] receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget what else Paul says.
"In Romans 9:6 he says that “not all who are of Israel are Israel.” This indicates the existence of two Israels. One—”all who are of Israel”—indicates the ethnic people, not all of whom believe in Jesus. The other Israel, the context reveals, does not include those who have rejected the Messiah. This new Israel, founded by Messiah, exists in spiritual continuity with the Old Testament saints and so counts as a “spiritual Israel.” It includes Gentiles who believe in the Messiah and so through baptism are spiritually circumcised (Col. 2:11–12) and are reckoned as spiritual Jews (Rom. 2:26–29)."

And Ephesians 2:11–13, 19 “you Gentiles in the flesh . . . were [once] separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel . . . But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near . . . So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints”.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
There was already a Temple to Jupiter built on Holy Mountain and there was already an equestrian statue of the Roman emperor placed on the site of the Holy of Holies. And in case your confused, Zeus/Jupiter is literally Satan as Pergamum was said to be the place of Satan’s throne by Paul. Pergamum had the largest and most visited temple to Zeus in the ancient world.

So, the son of god (the Roman emperor) already profaned the Holy Mount with a temple to his father, Jupiter (Satan), and place a statue of himself, the son of god, over the spot of the Holy of Holies in a city rebuilt and renamed as a tribute to Jupiter/Satan.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/26/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They've built these Satanic temples in key locations all over the world while you sleep

Look up the new modern but empty Capitol city in Kazakhstan called ASTANA

basically means SATANA in the Slav languages ... or SATAN ...

Masonic/Satanic symbolism in all the structures, do your own research and then tell me this city wasn't built for the Anti-Christ by the corrupted men that serve him

Pretty sure the 24 Hr Campfire resident Masons (blind, useful idiots) ie.. wanna be Satanists will stamp their feet and screech , then try to explain it all away as "coincidence"

There is no biggest fool in the world than the lower ranking Mason, these men are completey devoid of rational thought or knowledge of what they signed up for, It's better for them had they not been born

ASTANA - City of Satan

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com][Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Epistle to the Hebrews was written by a Jewish follower of Jesus to a primarily Jewish audience that was experiencing some friction for their faith in Jesus alone. Hebrews was written to encourage its readers to hold firmly to their faith by pointing out the superiority of Jesus alone over everything else that these Jewish believers might be tempted to put their faith in.

Whether they’re being tempted to put their faith in Moses, or the Law of Moses, of the Temple with its priests and sacrifices, etc., it’s all inferior to Jesus. The author is trying to get his readers to recognize and turn away from their desire to maybe compromise their faith in Jesus alone.

He’s arguing for the superiority of Jesus over Moses, the Law of Moses, and the Temple with its priests and sacrifices, etc.. And the reason he’s trying to convince them of the superiority of Jesus over those things, is because those are the very things that his readers are being tempted to drift toward. They’re drifting away from the Gospel of Jesus, and towards the Mosaic religious system they grew up under and were accustomed to.

Their unbelieving Jewish family and friends were giving them a hard time for wanting to follow Jesus alone. The Mosaic religious system wasn’t given because of its intrinsic value in and of itself. It was given to point towards Jesus. All of what was given under the Sinai Covenant was just a shadow of the things to come.

And now that Jesus has come, our focus has to be on Him and His Gospel. He’s greater than everything that came before Him. Jesus was the point of it all. Seems that some people nowadays still tend to get that priority out of whack.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its real simple fellas. The Church is the Church, and Israel is Israel. Two things different are not the same. If you are confused about this don't feel bad. Even the Apostles didn't get it at first and the church as a whole has been screwing it up for 2000 years more or less. Most preachers do not properly use the Old Testament and add further to the confusion.

But don't stay confused. It leads to two big errors.

Error number 1......hating Jews. That's just ignorant. Don't get between God and the people to whom he has made "irrevocable" promises. They are a train wreck right now but let God handle them. Don't think that the church has taken their place. We haven't. The Jews are "his people". What is the church? The Bride of Christ right? We run around saying "Jesus is the Messiah", but what does that mean? It means Jesus is the King of Israel. What is the bride of a King. A queen right? What does a queen do? Sit beside her husband on a throne! That is what we are going to be doing in the Millennial Kingdom, which is going to be headquartered in Jerusalem. If you are Jew hater waiting on the Iraqis or the Russians, or the Chinese, or America or anyone else to destroy Israel......its gonna be a long wait.

Error number 2.........becoming a Judaizer. This is a Christian who tries to please God by attempting to observe parts of the Mosaic Law which they usually wind up completely half-assing to the point it would be funny if it were not sad. Observing dietary laws, putting on a shawl to pray, keeping the feast days, tithing because of Malachi 3, Jewish roots silliness etc. Don't do this either. Read Galatians. Don't fall from grace.

Hope this helps but it probably won't! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Epistle to the Hebrews was written by a Jewish follower of Jesus to a primarily Jewish audience that was experiencing some friction for their faith in Jesus alone. Hebrews was written to encourage its readers to hold firmly to their faith by pointing out the superiority of Jesus alone over everything else that these Jewish believers might be tempted to put their faith in.

Whether they’re being tempted to put their faith in Moses, or the Law of Moses, of the Temple with its priests and sacrifices, etc., it’s all inferior to Jesus. The author is trying to get his readers to recognize and turn away from their desire to maybe compromise their faith in Jesus alone.

He’s arguing for the superiority of Jesus over Moses, the Law of Moses, and the Temple with its priests and sacrifices, etc.. And the reason he’s trying to convince them of the superiority of Jesus over those things, is because those are the very things that his readers are being tempted to drift toward. They’re drifting away from the Gospel of Jesus, and towards the Mosaic religious system they grew up under and were accustomed to.

Their unbelieving Jewish family and friends were giving them a hard time for wanting to follow Jesus alone. The Mosaic religious system wasn’t given because of its intrinsic value in and of itself. It was given to point towards Jesus. All of what was given under the Sinai Covenant was just a shadow of the things to come.

And now that Jesus has come, our focus has to be on Him and His Gospel. He’s greater than everything that came before Him. Jesus was the point of it all. Seems that some people nowadays still tend to get that priority out of whack.

Believers in Jesus through Paul’s gospel of grace have salvation by faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection. That shouldn’t minimize the fact that Israel is still God’s chosen people who have an earthly destiny. God made His covenants with Israel, and only God can initiate and fulfill those covenants. God will complete His covenant program with Israel, as per scripture. If God were done with Israel, then God would be a liar.

The regathering predicted by the prophets will be fulfilled. The Old Testament prophesies and promises haven’t yet been fulfilled; none of the covenants have been completely fulfilled; Israel hasn’t yet become a nation of priests; the kingdom on earth in which Israel will be pre-eminent is unfulfilled; Jews don’t have their King Messiah yet; all Israel is not yet saved; and God’s wrath on Israel, Jacob’s Trouble, hasn’t yet occurred.

Romans 11 makes it clear that God hasn’t cast Israel aside. Everything God promised Israel through the covenants will be fulfilled when Jesus returns to set up His kingdom. God will NEVER forsake the nation of Israel, and Israel will last forever. In addition, the Jews will be brought back to their land in accordance with God’s promises in the Abrahamic Covenant.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Don't get between God and the people to whom he has made "irrevocable" promises.

"There failed not aught of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass."

- Joshua 21:45

And that was written during the Bronze Age.

Now, he did make a promise to Abraham, i.e., to make his name great, and that a great nation would come from him. That nation today consists of all who believe in Christ.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What does Astana mean in Kazakh?

the capital city

On 6 May 1998 it was renamed Astana, which means "the capital city" in Kazakh.

Last edited by DBT; 04/26/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJY66
Its real simple fellas. The Church is the Church, and Israel is Israel. Two things different are not the same. If you are confused about this don't feel bad. Even the Apostles didn't get it at first and the church as a whole has been screwing it up for 2000 years more or less. Most preachers do not properly use the Old Testament and add further to the confusion.

But don't stay confused. It leads to two big errors.

Error number 1......hating Jews. That's just ignorant. Don't get between God and the people to whom he has made "irrevocable" promises. They are a train wreck right now but let God handle them. Don't think that the church has taken their place. We haven't. The Jews are "his people". What is the church? The Bride of Christ right? We run around saying "Jesus is the Messiah", but what does that mean? It means Jesus is the King of Israel. What is the bride of a King. A queen right? What does a queen do? Sit beside her husband on a throne! That is what we are going to be doing in the Millennial Kingdom, which is going to be headquartered in Jerusalem. If you are Jew hater waiting on the Iraqis or the Russians, or the Chinese, or America or anyone else to destroy Israel......its gonna be a long wait.

Error number 2.........becoming a Judaizer. This is a Christian who tries to please God by attempting to observe parts of the Mosaic Law which they usually wind up completely half-assing to the point it would be funny if it were not sad. Observing dietary laws, putting on a shawl to pray, keeping the feast days, tithing because of Malachi 3, Jewish roots silliness etc. Don't do this either. Read Galatians. Don't fall from grace.

Hope this helps but it probably won't! laugh
^^^^^ yep

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Head Fake

The Jewish Temple will be built on the Ruins of the Lincoln Memorial which Is Much More Significant than the Temple Mount

Red Heifers and All..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DBT

the capital city

keep Wiki telling yourself that

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mossie
There certainly are plenty of antichrist people around to pick one from.
)%&(_$@#! SOB, Nailed it!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarbe

Originally Posted by Tarbe

Seriously?

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It would have been unthinkable for a Jew under the Mosaic Law to even consider approaching God’s throne of grace with confidence and freedom like Jesus’ followers can now. Not even the high priest back then did that. But then something tremendously significant happened.

There’s an issue regarding the prophecies about the future rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem: some people believe that followers of Jesus today still need to be keeping the Mosaic Law, and that issue has to do with God’s presence. In the Torah there’s a proximal aspect to holiness so that the closer you are to God’s presence the closer you are to His blessing. And the further you are from God’s presence the further you are from His blessing.

In the beginning we humans had direct access to God. Then we humans disobeyed God and messed it up and sin entered the world. And humans were cast out of God’s immediate presence. And later, through the family of Abraham, and through the giving of the Law of Moses at Mt. Sinai, God began restoring human access to His presence.

God’s presence was in the Tabernacle, but under the Law of Moses, direct access to God’s presence was highly regulated. People couldn’t just wander into it. Only one person in all of Israel was allowed in the Most Holy Place, and then only just once a year. This whole set-up kept people at a distance, and made it clear that the direct immediate access that people once had to God had not been restored.

The Tabernacle later became a permanent Temple in Jerusalem. And it had the same holiness hierarchy that the Tabernacle had: the further you went in, the more holy it got, and the more restrictive it became. But as Jesus hung on the cross, He uttered a loud cry and breathed His last breath, and the curtain of the Temple that allowed access to the Most Holy Place was torn in two from top to bottom.

At Jesus’ death, this hierarchy of access to God’s presence was literally demolished. This curtain…prescribed in the Law of Moses…was destroyed at the death of the Messiah, and it was God Himself who destroyed it. Under the New Covenant that Jesus brought in, individual followers of Jesus can now have direct and immediate access to God. People can now…with confidence and freedom…approach God’s throne of grace and receive mercy and find grace to help in their time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It would have been unthinkable for a Jew under the Mosaic Law to even consider approaching God’s throne of grace with confidence and freedom like Jesus’ followers can now. Not even the high priest back then did that. But then something tremendously significant happened.

There’s an issue regarding the prophecies about the future rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem: some people believe that followers of Jesus today still need to be keeping the Mosaic Law, and that issue has to do with God’s presence. In the Torah there’s a proximal aspect to holiness so that the closer you are to God’s presence the closer you are to His blessing. And the further you are from God’s presence the further you are from His blessing.

In the beginning we humans had direct access to God. Then we humans disobeyed God and messed it up and sin entered the world. And humans were cast out of God’s immediate presence. And later, through the family of Abraham, and through the giving of the Law of Moses at Mt. Sinai, God began restoring human access to His presence.

God’s presence was in the Tabernacle, but under the Law of Moses, direct access to God’s presence was highly regulated. People couldn’t just wander into it. Only one person in all of Israel was allowed in the Most Holy Place, and then only just once a year. This whole set-up kept people at a distance, and made it clear that the direct immediate access that people once had to God had not been restored.

The Tabernacle later became a permanent Temple in Jerusalem. And it had the same holiness hierarchy that the Tabernacle had: the further you went in, the more holy it got, and the more restrictive it became. But as Jesus hung on the cross, He uttered a loud cry and breathed His last breath, and the curtain of the Temple that allowed access to the Most Holy Place was torn in two from top to bottom.

At Jesus’ death, this hierarchy of access to God’s presence was literally demolished. This curtain…prescribed in the Law of Moses…was destroyed at the death of the Messiah, and it was God Himself who destroyed it. Under the New Covenant that Jesus brought in, individual followers of Jesus can now have direct and immediate access to God. People can now…with confidence and freedom…approach God’s throne of grace and receive mercy and find grace to help in their time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

Honest question.

Pre-Jesus, what happened to all the folks who weren't lucky enough to be born a jew?

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Honest question.

Pre-Jesus, what happened to all the folks who weren't lucky enough to be born a jew?
Salvation was always by faith in, and love of, God. Ones ethnicity has never had a thing to do with it.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Honest question. Pre-Jesus, what happened to all the folks who weren't lucky enough to be born a jew?
That's a good question. Just because they weren’t Jews doesn’t mean that God didn’t care about the Gentiles. Not everything has been revealed to us, but there are a few things that are pretty clear.

We can see in the first chapter of Roman’s that all of mankind knows of God because God has shown them what may be known of Him. The witness of God in nature leaves mankind without excuse. But it is also clear that God had “shown” them other things by some type of revelation, in that they “exchanged the truth of God for a lie”. So God had some sort of interaction with them. Gentiles before the time of Jesus had the opportunity for salvation.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was not much care shown by God toward gentiles in the OT.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by DBT

the capital city

Another poor excuse. The language and name, has nothing to do with satan, Wiki or me.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Temple was still standing when Apostle Paul wrote, “there is neither Jew nor Gentile,” and, “for you are all one in Christ Jesus,” and, “if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring and heirs according to the promise.” Consider that. Jesus’ sacrifice removed the boundary that had been established by the Law of Moses and it restored people’s direct and immediate access to God Himself.

And then about 40 years after Jesus’ resurrection…after the New Covenant was begun…God allowed His Temple to be destroyed in Jerusalem. And it’s never been rebuilt since. So think about the trajectory of God’s story of redemption through history: He created humans who lived with Him until they messed up and disobeyed, and then they were cutoff from their direct and immediate access to God. But in His divine mercy God initiated this process for reconciling people to Himself.

Through the Tabernacle (under the Mosaic Law) that eventually became the Temple in Jerusalem, and then finally Jesus the Messiah came and restored our direct and immediate access to God. We maybe need to keep that in mind when we’re discussing the prophecies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, and whether or not they’re talking about a literal building.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Honest question.

Rom 8:29-30 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

This passage is commonly used to say who God calls to salvation but that 1st phrase is usually overlooked - 'those God foreknew'. God knows everyone of us from creation. He knows exactly what we will do and what choices we will make if choices are offered. He foreknows our every move. Even if we never hear about Jesus, God foreknows whether we would chose to believe him if we did hear about him. It's not predestination. With that, we have no choice in the matter. God makes the choice. We do have a choice even if it never comes up. God know exactly what your choice would be. If you get the call, then rest assured that if you hear of Jesus in this life, you will accept him. If God knows you will refuse, you won't get called.
Jesus said that it's God's will that none should perish. He offers you a choice no matter who or where you are. You might never get to make the choice yourself but God knows what it would be. God wants you in heaven. No one who wants it will be turned away.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by DBT

the capital city

Another poor excuse. The language and name, has nothing to do with satan, Wiki or me.

Interesting to note that you're hot to trot to defend Satanists ...... And the first in line to bash Christians

Though you were a gAytheist ?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Whether you like Jews or not, they're still God's chosen people. God says here that he will bless those who support them. The US has done so up to this point and we've been one of the great nations of the world. If (I should say 'when') we turn our backs on them, we'll have God's curse on us. People everywhere are turning away from Israel and look what's happening. Europe is falling to the Muslims and this country is corrupt and bowing to the deviants. Only bad will come out of this. Before the end, the entire world will be against Israel and this world will be ruled by Satan himself in the person of the anti-christ. He'll be short lived but entirely evil. Israel will stand alone...but God will fight for them and they will prevail, not as Jews but as Christians because they will recognize Jesus for who he really is.

Jews comprised only a small portion of the Hebrew Tribes. Judah, Benjamin and half the Levites left the Tribes of Abraham, the Hebrews and formed the Southern Empire and they referred to themselves as Jews. The remaining Tribes of the Hebrews became the Northern Empire called Israel.

The Jews were taken over by Ancient Babylon and later the Tribes of Israel were taken over by the Assyrians and transported North East. Think, Aryan nations. After ages they worked their way to freedom and moved northward and over the Caucasus Mts and from there to the great western shore and compromised (?New) Iberia (Spain), Netherlands, Denmark (Mark of Dan), Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, Great Britain (contraction of Great Birth Nation). They became the Lost Tribes of Israel. They were lost to modern history, not lost to GOD.

The veil is being lifted and will reveal the Great Deception. There are two Israel's. One who GOD referred to when HE said "All of Israel will be saved" and the other Israel built by the Balfore Accords and Rothschilds.

Who was GOD referring to all those hundreds of years that existed before the nation state of Israel? Who was HE referring to in Gen 12:3 800, 500, 300, 100 years ago when there was no Nation of Israel? He was referring to HIS Believers. We Believers are HIS ISRAEL.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/27/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Kings and Chronicles, the Bible lists all the kings of Israel. Right after Solomon died, Israel did the split with Judah and Benjamin becoming Judah and the rest becoming Israel. The Bible tells about every one of the kings in both kingdoms. In Judah, there were good kings and bad ones. Some were God fearing men while others were totally evil. In Israel, however, there was never a single Godly king. Every single one of them was an idol worshiping pagan.
God sent the Assyrians to destroy Israel and they never recovered. The Assyrians left a handful of the people there but even after that, they never turned back to God. God later sent the Babylonians to deal with Judah and they, too, were hauled off into exile. However, a generation later they were allowed to return and most of them did turn back to God.

This all can be traced back to when Israel came out of Egypt. They were told to kill every single person in Canaan. The Canaanites were totally evil , sacrificing their children to fire gods. The Israelites failed to finish the job and left many Canaanites alive, along with their pagan gods. This failure to carry out God's orders haunted them from then on. Israel was never cleansed of the false gods that eventually led to their downfall.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
IF the temple is rebuilt, will the Aaronic Priesthood return???

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Honest question.

What did Jesus do on Easter Saturday

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
IF the temple is rebuilt, will the Aaronic Priesthood return???
Thats a good question too. The Law of Moses requires that all priests must come from the tribe of Levi. That’s why it was called the Levitical priesthood. The New Testament, however, teaches that Jesus is now our high priest. But He didn’t come from the tribe of Levi, Jesus is from the tribe of Judah.

So a high priest from the tribe of Judah is a “change” in the Law of Moses. Even though the Law of Moses clearly forbids changes, no adding to it and no taking away from it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There was once a Roman Emperor who was a filo-Semitic. He handed over to a Jewish architect unlimited financial backing to reconstruct the Temple in Jerusalem. He immediately went to work to rebuild it, but his workers kept getting incinerated by jets of fire that would blast from unknown sources underground. Eventually, all the workers quit over this, and the project was abandoned.

Maybe the building of the mosque marked the rule of an anti-Christ.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Maybe the building of the mosque marked the rule of an anti-Christ.
Satan won't try to replace a fake like Allah. He knows who the real God is and that's who he wants to replace.

― George Orwell

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Makes no difference. Red heifers, temples none of these things matter. The only thing that matters is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. No one should be happy to see any events involving these things. We are to just be looking up for our redemption, our meeting of Jesus in the air.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 04/27/24.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking into it more, I think the Al Aqsa mosque might be the 3rd temple. It really is the seat of the/an anti-Christ, with Islam containing about 1/3 of the World's population.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
LOL! laugh laugh

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
better build something on it quick before the mormon slap one of theirs on it!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Looking into it more, I think the Al Aqsa mosque might be the 3rd temple. It really is the seat of the/an anti-Christ, with Islam containing about 1/3 of the World's population.

There was a Roman temple to Jupiter built on the Temple Mount.

Who was Jupiter? Jupiter was what the Romans called the Greek God Zeus. Who did the Bible say Zeus was? Well, there is little about Zeus directly but in Revelation 2:13, Jesus addresses the church in Pergamum and says that they live where “…Satan has his throne.” What does that mean? Pergamum was home to the greatest temple to Zeus in the ancient world and the Pergamum altar can be see in Berlin today. So Zeus was Satan according to Jesus.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/fron...%20summit%20of%20Pergamon's%20acropolis.

So there was already temple literally dedicated to Satan constructed upon the Temple Mount. Now what about the Abomination of Desolation. Several ancient sources tell us there was an equestrian statue of Emperor Hadrian erected on the Temple Mount and a few of them say it was on the site the Holy of Holies had occupied.

So, who was Hadrian. Hadrian was, of course the emperor and emperor’s were sort of generically divine. However, some scholarship suggest that a major part of Hadrian’s rule, particularly in the east was his heavy emphasis on his divine nature and the explicit promulgation of the official policy that he was the embodiment of Jupiter on earth. It’s unsurprisingly a little like the Pope to Catholics since the Catholic church is Roman in its ideas and structure but much stronger than how the Pope is taken still it wouldn’t be entirely wrong to say Hadrian was Jupiter’s vicar on earth. Who was Jupiter? Jesus said he was Satan. So Hadrian was Satan’s vicar on earth.

https://vridar.org/2022/05/28/hadrian-the-god/

What was the Abomination of Desolation? Well, Daniel said it was a foreign king who “…established an an abomination that makes desolate.” Well, we’ve established that Hadrian establish a temple to Satan on the Temple Mount. That’s the abomination brought by the empire and Hadrian. Now, a famous quote from a barbarian conquered by the Romans went something like, “You Romans make a desert and call it peace.” And of course, the Romans had so completely destroyed Jerusalem that is was uninhabited for more than fifty years.

It just fits too neatly. Herod’s Temple was destroyed. Around 70 years later a Temple to Satan was built in it’s place by a man who considered himself thr sonnof and embodiment of Jupiter/Satan and claimed to rule in his name. And if you want to get real prophetic, this Temple to Satan was later destroyed when Christianity became the official religion of the empire and Christianity destroyed the pagan empire of Rome and converted it to Western Christendom.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/30/24.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.