Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I saw it explained the other day that the 3rd temple will be built for the antichrist to desecrate. Then there will actually be a 4th temple built that Jesus will reign from on earth.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus ended the sacrifices once and for all. If the Jews resurrect them, at best you could call them pagan rituals. God will likely be highly offended with them.

As far as an actual building, from what I've read, there's plenty of room on the temple mount for it without disturbing the Muslim Dome of the Rock. What archeologists believe to be the exact site of Harod's temple is currently vacant with the dome sitting away from it. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the towel heads will do if they build it there. They'll be furious and will go to war to stop it.

The mount is the inner square. They believe the temple sat in the large open area at the top right.
[Linked Image from generationword.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There certainly are plenty of antichrist people around to pick one from.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Summary: It can't be totally ruled out but IMO, no.

One of the last times that was tried, fire came out of the ground and drove the workers away.

Jesus established the eternal, everlasting sacrifice of His body. Never again will animal sacrifice be the sacrifice desired by God, so there is no need for a Jewish temple.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/will-the-jerusalem-temple-ever-be-rebuilt

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The third temple will be the tribulation temple, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. Satan will sit in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God. The tribulation temple is also mentioned in Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15, and Revelation 11:1-2

The temple has to be built before the tribulation or in the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation. Scripture makes it clear that the temple is built.

Isaiah talks about the sacrificial system of the Mosaic Law that will be reinstated, Isaiah 66:1-6. The fact that the Jewish people will build this temple shows their failure to listen to God’s Word and come to Him by faith in Jesus (verse 4).

Isaiah spoke of the (third) temple as one not sanctioned by God. God wants Israel to return to Him in faith, not in the building of a structure.

The new temple will only end in judgment (verse 6) and not in the forgiveness of sins or acceptable worship. That the temple will be rebuilt is clear teaching of scripture.

Then another temple, the millennial temple will be built by God in the millennial kingdom. Ezekiel 40-Ezekiel 43 describes the physical facets of the millennial temple that will include an inner and outer court, an outer wall, and an altar…

Ezekiel also includes specific measurements and types of sacrifices. If the details were meaningless, Ezekiel wouldn’t have been instructed to write them down…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Believers in Yeshua are the living stones of the Temple...today. Now.

No need for any earthly temple made by human hands.

Any so-called temple built today is a counterfeit.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
We're the slowest we've been in years. Does anyone know where we can submit our bid?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
When discussing the prophesies in scripture about the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, does it mean a literal building…? In scripture the Tabernacle and the Temple are symbols of God’s presence with His people, so in the final age when God is ruling over the new Heaven and the new earth, what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve…?

And what purpose might a rebuilt physical Temple serve before the final age (as in nowadays)…?

The question I would propose is where does God and Christ dwell?
If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kolofardos
We're the slowest we've been in years. Does anyone know where we can submit our bid?
Include bullet proof vests in the bid. The builders will need them.

― George Orwell

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Include bullet proof vests in the bid. The builders will need them.

FFS. I think I'll be sitting in the truck and watching the boys work through binoculars.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think it was Nehemiah who was rebuilding the temple after the Babylonian captivity. His men worked with a spear in 1 hand and their tools in the other. A new temple on the mount will be built the same way.

― George Orwell

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Israelis hinted at blowing up Al Aqsa. They’re lunatics. Might seem the perfect bait for wider war one that will absolutely destroy them.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by antlers

The question I would propose is where does God and Christ dwell?
If the Temple and or Tabernacle is where they dwell then the question is the same as I proposed.
You do not have to look for him.He dwells in you and all around you . No need for a building of stone and wood.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Who cares?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The biblical language of the prophets is packed full of symbolism and metaphor and allegory and hyperbole.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also packed with literal truth.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Bible’s not gonna contradict itself. It makes sense to use the clear texts to shed light on passages that are harder to understand, like the old testament prophecies. Whatever the meaning of a prophecy turns out to be, it won’t contradict what other clear passages in the Bible plainly teach.

God’s revelation to us is cumulative…it grows and unfolds over time…it seems wise to use the parts that came later to better understand what came earlier. The OT authors didn’t know who the Messiah would turn out to be or when He would come. And no one before the prophet Jeremiah had any idea that God was gonna make a New Covenant.

So should we be using the things revealed in the New Testament to properly interpret the old testament…? The NT is not gonna contradict the OT, but it does help to explain it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Also packed with literal truth.

Yes, some we understand now and some we will understand in the future, it is the truth!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I used to care.

Honestly I did, but after decades of watching the modern state of Israel bilk the US out of billions of dollars, and play their games a la Epstein I don’t anymore. Let them figure it out. I hold no special place in my heart for the European Jews that settled the modern secular state of Israel. Same as I feel towards the Vatican.

I believe church is people, and not fixed to a place. A beautiful glade in the woods where you feel close to god? That’s church too.

The rest is nonsense looking to take you for a ride and steal from you.

MAGA
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,917
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.