Print Thread
Hop To
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just love it, no comment for context and a bad link. Whooooopeeeeeee

Swifty
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Trump’s immunity case. Going right down ideological lines. Link was to SCOTUS Live.

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/live/4-oGUpLdNXE?si=z-Z_TYKa6W4owhJw[/video]

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been listening to it. Seems there's a lot of sharp questions by every single judge, at both sides. Seems pretty even-handed to me, but I'm not a lawyer, and don't play one on the Fire. It's interesting, certainly.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I've been listening to it. Seems there's a lot of sharp questions by every single judge, at both sides. Seems pretty even-handed to me, but I'm not a lawyer, and don't play one on the Fire. It's interesting, certainly.

You could.

We’d never know.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Same. A President can’t have complete immunity, otherwise he could walk up and shoot his opponent in the face. OTOH, there can’t be zero either. Remember when Obama Droned a 16 YO US citizen? When he was illegally running guns into mehico? Hopefully SCOTUS can strike a reasonable balance here.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

Same. A President can’t have complete immunity, otherwise he could walk up and shoot his opponent in the face. OTOH, there can’t be zero either. Remember when Obama Droned a 16 YO US citizen? When he was illegally running guns into mehico? Hopefully SCOTUS can strike a reasonable balance here.

But thats what impeachment is for. If impeachment isnt the first step in the process, why even have it at all? Its on the house to bring charges and the senate to try him. You cant just skip it and go straight to the courts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by killerv

But thats what impeachment is for. If impeachment isnt the first step in the process, why even have it at all? Its on the house to bring charges and the senate to try him. You cant just skip it and go straight to the courts.

Which is why it says high crime and misdemeanors. Giving full immunity overrides that.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Which is why it says high crime and misdemeanors. Giving full immunity overrides that.

Yes, but the process of trying a sitting president is through impeachment. Presidents are immune from criminal action after their term for duties they performed in service as POTUS. That’s how it’s always been. This court case is just a power grab to punish Trump and simultaneously neutering the office of POTUS, thereby streamlining government and removing one more hurdle to pass whatever laws or decrees they have in mind.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"While the conservatives fretted that ruling against Trump would create a permanently hobbled presidency, the liberals fretted that giving him significant immunity would encourage a new kind of criminal presidency without consequence."

New????

I give you at least Clinton, Obama, Biden, and possibly some earlier ones both Dem and Rep. I don't see where Trump did anything criminal -unless- as they are trying to implement, attempting to secure an honest election result.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nobody is asking for "complete immunity" as in your hypothetical example.

Trump's lawyers are asking for immunity in performance of "official duties". Shooting you opponent in the face is not in the president's job description.

This stuff get sooooooooooo convoluted.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ketanji Jackson is changing her tune... Things are looking a bit more sane finally.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by las
"While the conservatives fretted that ruling against Trump would create a permanently hobbled presidency, the liberals fretted that giving him significant immunity would encourage a new kind of criminal presidency without consequence."

New????

I give you at least Clinton, Obama, Biden, and possibly some earlier ones both Dem and Rep. I don't see where Trump did anything criminal -unless- as they are trying to implement, attempting to secure an honest election result.

Good post.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some views on it -

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SupFoo

Nobody is asking for "complete immunity" as in your hypothetical example.

Trump's lawyers are asking for immunity in performance of "official duties". Shooting you opponent in the face is not in the president's job description.

This stuff get sooooooooooo convoluted.

Taking bribes from China is not a president's "official duty"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Successful impeachment should be a condition precedent of any criminal charge. That isn’t absolute immunity but it does require an intermediate step that would obviate county prosecutors shutting down the government or influencing the chief executive with threats of prosecution.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

Yes, but the process of trying a sitting president is through impeachment. Presidents are immune from criminal action after their term for duties they performed in service as POTUS. That’s how it’s always been. This court case is just a power grab to punish Trump and simultaneously neutering the office of POTUS, thereby streamlining government and removing one more hurdle to pass whatever laws or decrees they have in mind.

I get that, but his lawyers keep bringing up impeachment. I understand these payments happened just before he took office. I guess the gray area is the timing and if a sitting president could be gone after due to the alleged interference. That being said, they had 4 years to impeach him for this instance. I guess they kept it in their pocket for the upcoming election. All these different charges on him I'm going crosseyed...but I see through them. BS.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
TFF. Of course Trumps SC will rule that presidents don't have immunity.

That's what Trump wants. 5D Chess. Trump setting precedent again.

Thats why he's practically begging them to Jail him.

That's why he suckered them into investigating his taxes.

That'd why he suckered them into raiding MAL.

Its all going to expose and prove the criminality and treason of the Clintons and Bidens and Obamas.

Do youse guys think they paid taxes on the kickbacks for their treason of selling the US out?

The convictions of Trump will be erased on Appeal as will his sham Impeachments.

Connect the Dots

Trump has his sights on Killery and Zero. He wants to go on Mt Rushmore.

Trust the Plan. Trust the Military.

It's Coming.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ho-Lee-Fuc

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Ho-Lee-Fuc

Yep

Me

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.