Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.
'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.
Bullschit

Steve, most union members do support the Republicans

IME - they support Republican ideas, support democratic candidates. Wasn't trade guys but mill guys in the USW. They love the R idea but vote D and that's not based on conjecture but face to face conversations I've had with them.

Take the label off - talk the ideas of conservatism they're all for it. Ask who they vote for - D.

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Staemfitters Local 638 was my stepdads union,mine was Dockbuilders 1456.I meet Trump when we drove the piles for the NY TIMES building in Queens,in 1995-6.He jumped up on the Manitowoc and threw the lever to start the piledriving hammer.I met him again in 2003 when we were driving the piles for Trump Tower on the West side of Manhattan.
The crane operator tried to walk the crane with the hammer way up in the leads and flipped leads and boom up and over the crane,it was a gigantic mess ! Trump came by to see it himself,all he said was," Thank God nobody got hurt ." I think NYC Unions support of Democrats is done.People are hurting and fed up.It's about time.

I’m with the operating engineers, Local 15, New York City.. I’m working two different locations, South St., Seaport seawall job and uptown on York Avenue, dock builders on both locations, great guys have always had a lot of respect for them. Do you know brother? 1456 Forman. 95% of the guys that I work with are Republicans even the laborers Local 731. I can’t stand when my local tells us who to vote for, I tell them to mind their own business :-) and I also years ago stopped paying into PAC… Most of us feel the same way. Maybe now they’ll stop publicly supporting the Democrats.
'
This ^^^
Most of the general public is not aware that most/many union members in the trades vote Republican.
Bullschit

lol here we go again. :-)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Teal

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

IME - they support Republican ideas, support democratic candidates. Wasn't trade guys but mill guys in the USW. They love the R idea but vote D and that's not based on conjecture but face to face conversations I've had with them.

Take the label off - talk the ideas of conservatism they're all for it. Ask who they vote for - D.

Exactly

Except for the Public Employees and Teachers Union members, they are mostly Liberal Democrats in both ideology and how they vote.

Last edited by steve4102; 04/25/24.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
Evidence ^^^ that the general public will never be convinced because they have never been in a lunch shack on a heavy construction jobsite and listened to the conversations.
And that's the way it is.

/thread

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
'
Evidence ^^^ that the general public will never be convinced because they have never been in a lunch shack on a heavy construction jobsite and listened to the conversations.

/thread

Do 'they' have no say in what their dues are used for?
How do the officers get those positions?
Do they just elect themselves?

FJB & FJT
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell, Teamsters hasn't supported the GOP since '88, the O.E. doesn't advocate either party they vote for those that promote union jobs and benefits and actually come through on their promises... trump failed across the board.

Phil

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
'

/thread

LOL.

I grew up on the MN Iron Range, very heavy Union member population, they have voted Democrat for ever and still do.

I also worked in the Construction industry most of my adult life and have witnessed first hand the stupidity and the unwavering support these brain dead Union members have for their beloved Union and the Democrat Party.

The Arrowhead Region in the NE corner is all mining country and filled with Union voters.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This map tells the story.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
'

/thread

LOL.

I grew up on the MN Iron Range, very heavy Union member population, they have voted Democrat for ever and still do.

I also worked in the Construction industry most of my adult life and have witnessed first hand the stupidity and the unwavering support these brain dead Union members have for their beloved Union and the Democrat Party.

The Arrowhead Region in the NE corner is all mining country and filled with Union voters.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This map tells the story.
The UAW does the same thing to Michigan. Along with the teachers union.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

I belong to Local 798 and I know for a fact that our Local supported Trump

All of the labors and teamsters that worked pipelines supported Trump

In fact our Business Manager was on Fox with Hannity wearing a Trump cap

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hell, Teamsters hasn't supported the GOP since '88, the O.E. doesn't advocate either party they vote for those that promote union jobs and benefits and actually come through on their promises... trump failed across the board.

phil

Hell, neither do the child diddlers of socal......clearly

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

'
This ^^^
Bullschit

I belong to Local 798 and I know for a fact that our Local supported Trump

All of the labors and teamsters that worked pipelines supported Trump

In fact our Business Manager was on Fox with Hannity wearing a Trump cap

At the time I was in Local 47 - well I think technically it was like USW 2-00047 or some such thing in 2021/2022. P&G Green Bay. Converting Machine 5 (old ones). Josh Schott who was the Union Pres said "We don't endorse or care who you vote for, we're here for the people and wages for the workers inside the plant". Which I believe, great. (I took about 9 months off from what I've done most of my life and went to work in the mill at this time. Sabbatical if you will)

Guys loved the Republican ideas - but they voted for Biden. I'm not saying all did or don't but EOD, the talk about presidents came down to voting for Biden, even tho talking of hunting/shooting/money/time off were all aligned with conservative ideas. I believe they felt that they had to vote D to preserve the wage that allowed them to live their conservative lifestyle.

Just my experience - not saying it's everyone's or iron clad.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
These stupid Union miners and tradesmen always had the same pathetic comeback when asked why they keep voting Democrat knowing that doing so will jeopardize their Second Amendment rights.

They would puff their chest out and say” I’ll liked to see em try”, idiots

Last edited by steve4102; 04/25/24.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'

/thread

Union guys are heroes. You keep donating 90 per cent to democrats but claim to be pro American. lol

Clown world

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...up-pipeline-workers-union-backing-790000

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
'

/thread

This clown is a slava Ukrainian left wing union lib. Not surprised she won’t answer

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
There is a lot of dissatisfaction among the rank and file. We get the propaganda from the national, or Rep. is taking the silver while quietly disagreeing. He doesn’t even try to influence us anymore.

The last Rep called our former President and wanted us to take a knee at lunchtime to support George Floyd.
“You have a better shot of lunch with the Pope than that happening”

The current president is not as tactful.

Open secrets indicates almost 95 per donations to democrats

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00012476/summary/2022

A few votes don’t win elections, millions of union dollars do

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
There is a lot of dissatisfaction among the rank and file. We get the propaganda from the national, or Rep. is taking the silver while quietly disagreeing. He doesn’t even try to influence us anymore.

The last Rep called our former President and wanted us to take a knee at lunchtime to support George Floyd.
“You have a better shot of lunch with the Pope than that happening”

The current president is not as tactful.

Open secrets indicates almost 95 per donations to democrats

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00012476/summary/2022

A few votes don’t win elections, millions of union dollars do
What’s even more ridiculous is Law Enforcement pay dues to organized crime to represent them

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Raeford
'

/thread

You can opt to have none of your dues go to political parties.
Union Officials are voted in by the members that bother to vote. Just like Political elections .
No one votes them selves in . Bad Union officers get in by apathetic Union members . Just like Political officers.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thinking a large percentage of Union members will break ranks and vote Republican is akin to believing the same about the black community. Ain’t gunna happen.

And thinking you would not suck each and every dick you come across... equally impossible.

I reckon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
LOL

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,664
Posts18,493,675
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.