-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for posting that Cordoba TV commercial. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title. Because about 1975 I recall my buddy and I doing frequent Ricardo Montalban impersonations, (that commercial got a lot of air time back then).

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
My father was part owner of a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership so we drove a couple of them. As someone mentioned, the suspension was a bit soft. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I prefer genuine naughahyde over Corinthian leather.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’ve had 3 of those Cordobas over the years.
While I was in the service. The Old Man bought one at the auction. The thing ran so good and cheap, that he bought more.
When I got home, I went along and bought one too.
I kept a good car for Carol to drive, but for myself id buy something cheap, and run it into the ground.
5 or 6 hundred dollars could get me something, and if I got 4 or 5 years out of it, I was money ahead.
Both those Cordabas give me great service.
The 3rd On was Dad’s, which he backed into a post leaving the VFW one nite, and had to put it in the junkyard.
It was about this time that Dave and I got into dirt track racing at Windber Speedway, a 3/8s mile around the football field at Windber Stadium.
The rich Corinthian leather seats were replaced with a rollcage and a racing seat!
Other than that, the only thing I did to that 400 motor, was switch the valve covers, left to right so the oil wouldn’t blow out the breather on the right from making left turns all the time and welding the spider gears in the rearend!
The straight stretch on each side was maybe 65 or 70 yards long, and then you had to throw it into the turns, so with the stock rear in low gear you had plenty of power. (I ran 14” 60 tires on the back, with about 2&3/4 “ of stagger)
I wasn’t the fasted guy around, but it was consistently in the top 5 or 6, and I ended up 3rd in points!
Not too bad for something resurrected outta the junkyard, with minimal money!
Windber Speedway shut down in ‘93, due to dust blowing into town. Bedford is 5/8ths mile, and it would cost a lot of money to be competitive, so I got into trap shooting instead.
But I still say that that little 3/8ths mile track was the most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on!
7mm
Windber - I remember that little track. Isn't that near the little village called Mine 37? Frank Kush - great football coach at ASU - born and raised there I think.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Never had any Corinthian, or any sort of Peloponnese for that matter, but did redo an entire auto interior with the best hyde from naugas that $$ could buy - at least in Tempe. Lot of work - never again.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Never had any Corinthian, or any sort of Peloponnese for that matter, but did redo an entire auto interior with the best hyde from naugas that $$ could buy - at least in Tempe. Lot of work - never again.

So you're saying that next time you'll just throw a Navajo blanket over the seat and call it good? laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At 16 i bought a wrecked 78 Cordoba from an insurance auction (brother was a Salvage dealer) It had 5k miles and the 360 with bucket seats & console and of coarse the "Finest Corinthian Leather" lol... After fixing it i drove it for the fall and winter... When you'd drive it in heavy rain the ignition would cut out and under heavy braking the carb would make the engine kill (common Chrysler problems back then)... But the leather smelled good and the stereo played great... I sold it in the spring and made enough profit to buy a new wrecked 600 mi. 79 Firebird Formula free and clear... Always thought the Cordoba shoulda' had a 426 Hemi with a Shaker Hood...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by CCCC
So you're saying that next time you'll just throw a Navajo blanket over the seat and call it good? laugh
Good idea !! Had never done anything like that - small Brit TR3 - so no headliner etc., but getting the seats right and some other details took a lot more work than envisioned. The flat surfaces were fairly easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot, even the folks in Johnstown, don’t know where Mine 37 is!.
Sorta tucked into the hill behind Windber. I pretty near forgot it was back there!
Didn’t know Frank Kush was from there.
Johnny Wiesmuller, the original Tarzan grew up in Windber, and Charles Bronson grew up in a little burg called Erenfeld, it’s on the hill above South Fork.
“Dobra Shunka” or Jack Ham of Steel Curtain fame, is a Johnstown native, as was actress Carol Baker. She and Mom went to the same school together, but if Mom knew her, I couldn’t say.
Mike Strank, who helped raise the the flag on Mnt Surinachi, was from Franklin borough in Johnstown as well. There’s a bridge there over the Conomaugh River, dedicated to his memory.
Been across it many times. I was dating a girl from Nanth Glo.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bump for Ricardo M.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

From the extinct Naugha

65 Schrader st, Johnstown, Bethlehem steel shut down, put dad outta work, the bank took 65 Schrader st. We were poor I’m told, didn’t know it then 🤷

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Going to Corinthia in May for work.

Anyb9dy recommend a good restaurant or possibly a brothel?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Does Corinthian leather come from Corinthian cows ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Does Corinthian leather come from Corinthian cows ?
Back in those days, the curious soon figured out that the "Corinthian" label was just a sales term made up by some ad agency. Once knew a guy who worked in the leather factory that made the stuff - up in central NJ not too far from NYC. So, probably mixed skins from a slaughterhouse.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,666
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.