Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Running about 10,000cfs currently. A far cry from record flows of ~40,000cfs but still impressive.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Cool pic!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice, I wanted to live in Twin in my 30s but couldn’t find a job there in my profession. Will be in ID not far from there this weekend for my DIL’s graduation. MS in Occupational Therapy.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Might be worth the little drive to check it out if you have time. Pretty cool. The part you can't get from pictures is the incredible noise/rumble all that water makes. Pretty cool.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
It was way down when we were there. The crazy base jumpers were having a blast off the bridge downtown though. Snake river irrigation was impressive. Corn harvest was in full swing. Must have been around September.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've shot rock chucks not to far from there!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The dam by Ozark Arkansas is running a lot of water through it. I sent my brother a short video of the action via text and asked him how many gallons per minute he thought were flowing. He worked for Bonneville Power which operates the dams on the Columbia River (federal government job) for about 32 years so I figured he would have some idea. He just said it is measured in KCFS. I said who asked you anyway ha ha. Lots of rain here lately. We had a tornado warning yesterday evening and went to the shelter nearby. Thankfully it didn't materialize.

Cool photo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lights at night, check local listings

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rufous
The dam by Ozark Arkansas is running a lot of water through it. I sent my brother a short video of the action via text and asked him how many gallons per minute he thought were flowing. He worked for Bonneville Power which operates the dams on the Columbia River (federal government job) for about 32 years so I figured he would have some idea. He just said it is measured in KCFS. I said who asked you anyway ha ha. Lots of rain here lately. We had a tornado warning yesterday evening and went to the shelter nearby. Thankfully it didn't materialize.

Cool photo.

Roughly 7.48 gallons per cubic foot IIRC.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Cool photo.

I was thinking about 7 1/2.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Cool photo.

yes in US gallons

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I've shot rock chucks not to far from there!

I've dropped scopes in there to see if they would still hold zero.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a shot of Shoshone falls from the other side of the canyon. I didn't see it at the time but there's a turkey vulture in the lower right. This shot is a few years old.
I would have loved too see it in the early 1900's before they put in dams for irrigation. They say you could hear it for miles and see the spray from downtown Twin Falls which is some miles away.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had a friend who rented a small house 20+ years ago , IIRC,not far from the north side of the river/falls. You could see them, I remember that for sure! Talk about "white noise"... I don't know how he slept at night in the summer with the windows open.

Second Crittrgittr's comments on the "chucks"! They should be Idaho's state "big game animal"! Tough suckers for sure and I don't recall one ever "coming apart at the seams" when hit like a prairie dog or "jack".

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
They will if hit with a 110 from an '06 as fast as you can push it with 3031.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for sharing.

Texas
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jerome County Commissions saw fit to close off the the area between the Freeway and Canyon to shooting, so chucks are everywhere and a huge nuisance. I personally hope they burrow under each of the commissioners houses.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Shoshone Falls is worth the trip. I passed through Twin Falls about 4 years ago. That bridge in town used for BASE Jumping is impressive. There is some good food at the local eateries as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Once or twice a year it seems like someone just HAS to enhance a jump by doing something really stupid. Some of them go splat.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
^ like the guy that set his parachute on fire before he jumped? Not exactly the sharpest crayons in the box.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,334
Posts18,526,746
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.