Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by KFWA
sis is heavily involved in methodist church or was

she was telling me something about them breaking off a few years ago when the Methodist governing body started doing a land grab on church properties

Seem like the Methodist lost their way many times over
Ain’t that some schit local one here was bilt 1866 by the ppl in the community after all this phaag schit they wanted to get out was told to pony up $$ 🤷‍♂️
Churches join “associations” regional directorship, sometimes 10-20-40 churches.
Elect a fat cat director, pay him a 100k
Then for whatever “representation” these little church bodies seemingly get…..they are beholden to a mafia set up that they created and joined

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, that is part of the "radical hospitality" plan in all likely hood sick

"Oh gosh did some work for a Unitarian church my gheydar dinged 😵‍💫 had a question and walked in on there phaagut minister blowin some homeless dude🤯🤷‍♂️🤣"

Last edited by 2ndwind; 05/01/24.

Please don't feed the trolls!
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The words of Jesus himself:
Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The penalties of sexual sin are scattered through the Bible from end to end. Jesus couldn't make it any more clear that these people are hell bound.

Not that I disagree, but aren’t those who engage in heterosexual sex outside of marriage heading in the same direction? I don’t think Hell has preferential seating. In fact, without Christ, we’d all be lost.

1 member likes this: There_Ya_Go
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
LGBTQ is definitely an abomination! God made this clear.

No church should approve, support or condone it!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by KFWA
sis is heavily involved in methodist church or was

she was telling me something about them breaking off a few years ago when the Methodist governing body started doing a land grab on church properties

Seem like the Methodist lost their way many times over
Ain’t that some schit local one here was bilt 1866 by the ppl in the community after all this phaag schit they wanted to get out was told to pony up $$ 🤷‍♂️
Churches join “associations” regional directorship, sometimes 10-20-40 churches.
Elect a fat cat director, pay him a 100k
Then for whatever “representation” these little church bodies seemingly get…..they are beholden to a mafia set up that they created and joined
Oh yeah grandma used to be treasurer of the local Methodist church.They was harpin bout money troubles how could they afford to fill up the heatin oil tank light bills etc had some dyke preach @the time🥴.She showed me some annual report %50 went to afrikka 🤷‍♂️ the rest was other bullschit 🤯

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Been a Methodist all my life. Going to start looking for a new church.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The closet phaag preacher at our Baptist church that recent was told to hit the road after 4yrs was a Methodist preacher prior to and has a rap sheet from pedo schit it took 40 odd members to leave plus 3 out of 4 deacons sad times

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Been a Methodist all my life. Going to start looking for a new church.
Welcome to 2024

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The closet phaag preacher at our Baptist church that recent was told to hit the road after 4yrs was a Methodist preacher prior to and has a rap sheet from pedo schit it took 40 odd members to leave plus 3 out of 4 deacons sad times

Purple hair, butchy, female “reverend”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2 members like this: hardway, alwaysoutdoors
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Did some work for some episcypailyon church yrs ago does pastor missy have a sister😂

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I left them in the mid 1970's due to their anti-gun agenda.

+1 They got too liberal for me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Our church joined the Global Methodist church earlier.

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248...ns-on-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

My mom’s small UMC church voted to stay with UMC as they could not afford the buyout. I think UMC demanding a buyout to go Global Methodist says a lot. I have a cousin whose husband is a Navy Chaplain and former UMC preacher. He left the UMC several years ago over the crap. I thought he was a weird cookie when I was growing up, but he had solid conservative beliefs and stuck with them.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Saw on the news upwards of 40+% churches have left. Ours did last summer. Had the chance to get church building in our name so we took it. Now leaving churches have to buy it

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Here’s my thing on our local Umc debacle the ppl who built that church are buried there the Umc don’t own schit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bout 20 years ago my wife desired to join the local Methodist church. All was good for a few years until a scandal involving the preacher that the board had accused of drinking too much.

Instead of quietly letting the preacher go, the board sent out a detailed letter to the congregation describing his sins and absolutely vilified the man and his family for his drinking problem, then fired him in disgrace.

That letter was over the top holier-than-thou bullshit and mean spirited in my book. We quit the church right then and won't be back.

Christian my ass. They didn't have to destroy that man.

1 member likes this: mrmarklin
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The cemetary is deeded to that one church not the Umc

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The words of Jesus himself:
Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The penalties of sexual sin are scattered through the Bible from end to end. Jesus couldn't make it any more clear that these people are hell bound.

Not that I disagree, but aren’t those who engage in heterosexual sex outside of marriage heading in the same direction? I don’t think Hell has preferential seating. In fact, without Christ, we’d all be lost.
There is a difference. The sin of those engaging in hetero is as bad but they tend to know they're sinning. They will often repent and ask for forgiveness. The homos have no intention of repenting. They demand that God accept them 'just as they are'. There's no way that God will accept them if they don't repent.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
1 member likes this: mrmarklin
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I left them in the mid 1970's due to their anti-gun agenda.

Same here.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I won't describe in detail, but a married pastor at my folks' church they attended for decades was boinking a lady parishioner. My Dad and 2-3 other elders kept giving him thumbs down when vote came up to retain or cut him loose. Vote had to be unanimous. Pastor didn't make the cut.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prob with a lot of church is there is a shît ton of OLD DUMMFUGKS that will blow up a business meeting with a huge casserole dish of The Status Quo

found out last election just how many old people are hardcore democrats. Fugking baby killers.

Talked to one old couple that we used to be really close with. Politics never came up. Dang I just thought church folk were naturally conservative

NOPE, bunch of CNN watching robots with clockwork orange eyelids taped open. Couple in their 70s stupid as hell going on about how wonderful joe biden is.

Ugggh

1 member likes this: local_dirt
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 43 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.