S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Why do they keep feeding him?

Because we find the character he is playing entertaining.

It is very complex, very retro (and I don't write that because he is pretending to be a rural cow farmer who can't spell). He has designed it to capture that 1980s era movie aesthetic that has been abandoned in favor of "breaking stereotypes" or some other nonsense. Back then if they were putting together a team, would they just use a bunch of boring boomers and film them rambling on about how meaningful it is to have a dash or no dash in the model number? Or how they are mad that someone on the TV news they intentionally watched said something that made them mad? No they would not. They'd throw in black guy who talked jive. A chinese who could do math in his head very quickly. A fat guy who fell down a lot. A woman who asked a lot of questions.

Back then it was fine to create characters that were exaggerated versions of what everyone knew to be true. You didn't cast a black guy to do the calculations for getting to space, you cast an asian and the black guy would steal his calculator as comic relief. The White guy leader would organize an investigation because everyone knows Whites believe in the Rule of Law to hold groups together. Of course they'd find out Tyrone stole it, but Tyrone would redeem himself when the group played a football game against the rival space lab and it turned out that Tyrone, despite being lazy, could run like the wind.

Anyway....the wabigoon character is keeping that tradition alive and he adds much needed depth to the site.

Holy freaking balls. Here I was thinking he was just an older fellow who liked attention that was having trouble typing on a smart phone.

LOL, you said it much better than I could.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Laffin…… Ol Wabi’s rent is due with a pile of cats here on the Fire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It is very complex, very retro (and I don't write that because he is pretending to be a rural cow farmer who can't spell). He has designed it to capture that 1980s era movie aesthetic that has been abandoned in favor of "breaking stereotypes" or some other nonsense. Back then if they were putting together a team, would they just use a bunch of boring boomers and film them rambling on about how meaningful it is to have a dash or no dash in the model number? Or how they are mad that someone on the TV news they intentionally watched said something that made them mad? No they would not. They'd throw in black guy who talked jive. A chinese who could do math in his head very quickly. A fat guy who fell down a lot. A woman who asked a lot of questions.

Back then it was fine to create characters that were exaggerated versions of what everyone knew to be true. You didn't cast a black guy to do the calculations for getting to space, you cast an asian and the black guy would steal his calculator as comic relief. The White guy leader would organize an investigation because everyone knows Whites believe in the Rule of Law to hold groups together. Of course they'd find out Tyrone stole it, but Tyrone would redeem himself when the group played a football game against the rival space lab and it turned out that Tyrone, despite being lazy, could run like the wind.

Anyway....the wabigoon character is keeping that tradition alive and he adds much needed depth to the site.

That right there is pure poetry!!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wabi needs his own sub-forum titled “Wabi’s Corner”

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Wabi needs his own sub-forum titled “Wabi’s Corner”

"Wabi World"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
That wabigoon?

Quick answer. No.

I looked at the Humters' campfire last night and three quarters of the threads were started by him. Dummm.

Gotta be a shtick. Nobody’s that dummm.

The real truth of the matter is “wabi” is a lonely person with no life and wants to be included somewhere. That somewhere is here and some don’t care and some do.

Personally, I feel sorry for him, but get tired of pointless threads that point out that loneliness. Once in awhile, I’m guilty of finding something that catches my attention and then I contribute to the white noise which hasn’t ruined the Campfire, but has certainly polluted it since I joined 17 years ago…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^ this

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by local_dirt
That wabigoon?

Quick answer. No.

I looked at the Humters' campfire last night and three quarters of the threads were started by him. Dummm.

Gotta be a shtick. Nobody’s that dummm.

The real truth of the matter is “wabi” is a lonely person with no life and wants to be included somewhere. That somewhere is here and some don’t care and some do.

Personally, I feel sorry for him, but get tired of pointless threads that point out that loneliness. Once in awhile, I’m guilty of finding something that catches my attention and then I contribute to the white noise which hasn’t ruined the Campfire, but has certainly polluted it since I joined 17 years ago…

I'm generally here but sometimes it's evident he's simply trolling and stirring crap, not just reaching out because he's lonely.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does anyone remember "Gus" here? smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
That wabigoon?

I enjoy his weekly Jack Elam threads

Can't find a YouTube of Jack singing "Old Rivers" anywhere.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yeah, I got a kick out of him and some of that stuff he posted made sense if you thought about it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Yeah, I got a kick out of him and some of that stuff he posted made sense if you thought about it.
He and kawi are greatly missed here on the computer in NE Urth

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Harmless old man...let him be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67

You know those kind of images need a warning about causing convulsions in certain people.

I think I did enough stuff in the olden days it doesn't affect me.......................I sorta think it might be a flashback at first glance

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67

You know those kind of images need a warning about causing convulsions in certain people.

I think I did enough stuff in the olden days it doesn't affect me.......................I sorta think it might be a flashback at first glance

A toad licker huh

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I preferred plant based experiences.

In it is contentment

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
That wabigoon?

I enjoy his weekly Jack Elam threads

Can't find a YouTube of Jack singing "Old Rivers" anywhere.

Cover by.......

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That one's so good I think it should be in the Friday music thread GW

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well said
I have met him and he is a traditional Iowa Row crop and cattle farmer. He is semi retired and his son does most of the work now. The work he used to do every day for years. I can see where he is just trying to reach out to places he is unfamiliar with and just wants to know how the rest of the world operates. When you talk about small town and rural Iowa, that is where he lives and works.

There are a lot of folks out there in America who partake of his produce in some form or another every day. And, there are hundreds just like him doing it every day as well. If America loses folks like Wabigoon and his son, there are going to be a whole lot of hungry Americans wishing they were back. They are the original American capitalists still doing what has been done in America since it's founding. Feeding others with his labor.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (3dtestify, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 007FJ, 1badf350, 15 invisible), 12,576 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,276
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.