W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
“Dang…… I’m sorry…….. I really hate to hear that !”

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wife doesn't hunt and hasn't fished in years.

Is there an issue?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Offer to teach their kids to hunt and fish- - - -it's obvious their education is lacking, and if a parent can't or won't do it, somebody should.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 4winds
Someone you meet for the first time tells you they don't like hunting or fishing?

Around here that's not uncommon. Typically I'll gauge their level of interest in firearms and the shooting sports. If they don't shoot, and I'd feel comfortable with them around guns, I figure out how to gently move their interest in our direction.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
My best friend who I met in college doesnt hunt. Didn't grow up hunting. Has zero interest in it.

Far from a tree huggin lib.

Has a bunch of guns he likes shooting. He and his wife shoot pistols and also snowboard all over.

I have a similar friend—he shoots lots of 9mm and he fishes.

Not a hunter, nor a rifle or shotgun guy.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
My best friend who I met in college doesnt hunt. Didn't grow up hunting. Has zero interest in it.

Far from a tree huggin lib.

Has a bunch of guns he likes shooting. He and his wife shoot pistols and also snowboard all over.

I have a similar friend—he shoots lots of 9mm and he fishes.

Not a hunter, nor a rifle or shotgun guy.

Yep, I have a number of friends that love the outdoors and shooting, just were never raised hunting as kids.....and for some reason lots of people don't eat fish, so more for me smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just avoid meeting people. Problem averted. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone you meet for the first time tells you they don't like hunting or fishing?
It depends on how big her knockers are...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
1 member likes this: Upperplainsman
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
4winds: YOU.... live in the WRONG neighborhood!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Not liking something and being anti that something are two different things. I have friends who are into auto racing and car shows. That bores the heck out of me. I am not anti them doing it but rather am happy that they have something in their lives that they enjoy so much and have done things to help them with their hobby. They are not interested in fishing or hunting but have never done anything other than wish me luck.

I would not mind if more people would find a fulfilling hobby that they enjoyed that wasn't fishing and the river was a little less crowded.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
To be honest when it comes to fishing I'd rather go cruising or water skiing any day than fishing.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have no emotion for those that choose to not hunt or fish. More room for me in the woods and on water.

Now if they start to lecture me on WHY I should not hunt and fish, then I take a more deliberate approach to the conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is no big deal to me if someone doesn't hunt. My mother was against hunting. But she cooked lots of meat dishes, mostly beef and chicken. She said deer were too pretty to shoot. I remember one time asking her if she thought Hereford calves were pretty. Didn't have much of an answer for that.

Last edited by Hastings; 05/04/24. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Now if they start to lecture me on WHY I should not hunt and fish, then I take a more deliberate approach to the conversation.

Me too. I tell them that there's been a mistake, and that they're mistaken me for someone who's interested in their opinions.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am usually very relieved to hear that. When covid hit, and so many city people discovered the great outdoors, they fled the cities in minivans, started campfires in risky conditions with predictable result, shot the schidt out of living trees, signs etc, got stuck, got lost and worst of all assumed that bagging trash and leaving it for 'someone else' to pick up was the earth wise thing to do. Private timber companies that pre covid allowed full public recreation access, learned the lesson and have locked up their lands and access roads.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
That would be what? 85% of Americans?

Never really considered it a barrier to conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Switch the topic to White Claws, Kardashians, and good transition surgeons.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As long as they don’t lecture me about it, I’ll steer the conversation to their hobbies or interests. If they are a bloody liberal, I don’t associate with them whether they are a vegan or avid hunter. Some of my good friends are rabid golfers but I don’t hold that against them. I lost interest in hitting a little white ball years ago.
PS: next I’ll feed em a bowl of my elk chili and they’ll be licking their chops for more!

Last edited by WAM; 05/04/24.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd have to wonder why the hell they bring up hunting or fishing upon first meeting. I mean, "Hi, I don't like hunting or fishing" is a pretty weird way to meet somebody.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Remember Granny Clampett trying to cook "golf eggs"? She never could get them to taste good!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 50 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,955
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.