Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
What can he do?

Several months ago, my dad bought a new CRV. The electronic steering box is bad. This is a known problem to Honda, and the dealership agreed to replace it. They gave him a loaner, but told him they had no idea when the part would be available, but it will be at least September. It has already sat at the dealer for a couple of months now. The dealer says they can’t do anything about it, and Honda customer service told him tough luck. He’d at least like the warranty extended the length of time he doesn’t have it. Does he have any legal recourse? I don’t really know what to tell him.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
When I had a crv that they couldn't get a part for my dealership took it off another one on their lot. Great experience.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Does your state have a lemon law?

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Does your state have a lemon law?
Yes, but I believe it more deals with a vehicle with multiple or recurring problems. This is a one off thing. Also, the car was purchased in a neighboring state. I have no idea who’s law takes precedence.

https://home.army.mil/knox/application/files/9115/6623/5547/KY_LL.pdf#:~:text=Kentucky's%20lemon%20law%20protects%20consumers,certain%20defects%20with%20the%20vehicle.

It does appear Kentucky’s lemon law may pertain to his situation. Thanks! We’ll look into it.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/04/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NH Hunter
When I had a crv that they couldn't get a part for my dealership took it off another one on their lot. Great experience.
I think he has proposed that and they didn’t go for it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Is every auto company having problems getting parts still, or is this just a Honda thing?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
What can he do?

Several months ago, my dad bought a new CRV. The electronic steering box is bad. This is a known problem to Honda, and the dealership agreed to replace it. They gave him a loaner, but told him they had no idea when the part would be available, but it will be at least September. It has already sat at the dealer for a couple of months now. The dealer says they can’t do anything about it, and Honda customer service told him tough luck. He’d at least like the warranty extended the length of time he doesn’t have it. Does he have any legal recourse? I don’t really know what to tell him.
That sounds like a bummer. He could put pressure on them call a couple times a week see if that would help. He could also trade in for a new one.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Riverc
What can he do?

That sounds like a bummer. He could put pressure on them call a couple times a week see if that would help. He could also trade in for a new one.
Yeah. I hate it for him. The dealer has given him a good car to drive. He doesn’t know what to do. We’re it me, I’d just drive the chit out of their car and let it be, but older people are more particular about such things.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought my wife an accord exl last fall. It's been great so far and gets 50 mpg but I hate how wide the center console around the shifter is. Always banging my knee against it wishing for a few more inches of room. As soon as the 2025 Toyota camrys get here I'm going to sit in one and if it's better I'm ordering a loaded awd one and trading the 2023 accord in. The accord really does drive well I just hate how it forces you to drive with your knees together. Women probably designed that part of the interior.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He should just keep the loaner and drive it like a rented mule. Hell, he’s saving putting miles on his own car.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
We've run into this several times with Honda parts. It appears that their supply chain of replacement parts is insufficient for the number of vehicles they sell making it a quantity rather than a quality problem. The parts we've had to replace are just worn out, not defective. Our 2012 Foreman that we use to check the herds has over 30k miles on it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is every auto company having problems getting parts still, or is this just a Honda thing?

Unfortunately they all are having these problems.
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Beagler
We've run into this several times with Honda parts. It appears that their supply chain of replacement parts is insufficient for the number of vehicles they sell making it a quantity rather than a quality problem. The parts we've had to replace are just worn out, not defective. Our 2012 Foreman that we use to check the herds has over 30k miles on it.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My youngest has a 2017 Dodge 1500 Eco-Diesel.
Got a recall letter from Dodge about the fuel pump in 2021.
The kid immediately ran to a Dodge dealership to have the recall work done and a couple of other minor hiccups fixed.
The Customer Svc Mgr told the kid "they" didn't have the part to correct the recall, check back in a month or two.
Six months later, the dealership STILL didn't have the part. In fact, the kid was told Dodge hadn't even started manufacturing the part for the repair and didn't know WHEN the part "MAY" become available!
After having other fuel system problems, the kid was informed that the dealership did, in fact, FINALLY get the part to make the needed repair.
Over 2 years later!

The pickup is great! Runs like a top and has everything (except pulling power!) the kid wants and needs! Roomy and comfortable....and 4 door!
But 2 YEARS?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by NVhntr
He should just keep the loaner and drive it like a rented mule. Hell, he’s saving putting miles on his own car.
My thoughts exactly, drive it like ya stole it!!

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NVhntr
He is, but at his age, the time on the warranty will expire long before the miles. That is his main concern…losing time on the warranty. That, and the fact he just bought a new car he can’t drive and has no idea when this will change.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
We've got two CRVs at work one for the general manager and one for the maintenance manager. Both have been sitting for months waiting on parts.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A friend of mine, local guy bought a CRV and had the same experience. Warren is an Retired Marine.
He traded it in at the Honda dealer for a used Rav 4, off the lot that had like 5K on it... and a clean bill of health from one of those service reporting agencies.

That is how he solved that problem. Has had no issues with the Toyota.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is the loaner better than the crv he bought? If so, just drive the heck out of it. It doesn’t sound like there is much the dealership can do about it, as crummy as that it.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by K1500
Is the loaner better than the crv he bought? If so, just drive the heck out of it. It doesn’t sound like there is much the dealership can do about it, as crummy as that it.
The dealership has been as accommodating as they can be. Honda seems to be the problem. I hate that, as my wife has been a loyal Honda driver for many years now. I guess Toyota gets the nod on her next vehicle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After reading through all the post seems like a nightmare getting parts these days. Maybe this is a push for people to get disgusted change their mind about gas & diesel cars/trucks and go buy an electric one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 264mag, 28 invisible), 1,333 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.