Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Most pleasurable was met Robert Stack at the NRA convention the year they had it at Denver.
We just happened to be checking out at the same time, I asked for his autograph, he was having trouble with the desk clerk , NRA tried to stiff him for the room and he wasn’t going to let it happen. While they were trying yo straighten it out we sat down in the lobby and visited for awhile. Nice guy hell of trap shooter in his day,

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've had lunch with Whelenman does that count?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
So far no one for Micky Rooney
Sometime around 1971 my friend and I were driving down Sunrise Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale and stopped at a red light. On our left was Mickey Rooney in an orange Volkswagen Beetle. My friend waved and shouted, "Hey, Mickey!", and he smiled and waved back. Then the light turned green and he made a left turn while we went straight.

Mickey talked excitedly about that encounter with us for the rest of his life.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
During high school I parked cars at a couple of fancy restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale so took and handed keys back to several celebrities, including Tonto - Jay Silverheels. His boots actually had silver heels.

A former Miss Tennessee worked as our sales manager at a company in Upstate NY. She was in her mid-late 30's at that time and still gorgeous, but what impressed me was how sharp she was. Very intelligent, well spoken and great with people, not at all like the stereotype of an empty headed beauty queen.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
One of the benefits of being a college football coach. We were fortunate to meet many celebrities and attend memorable events.

Texas bred and born
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simply due to circumstances, met some here and there over the course of 60 years. Nothing highly impressive - most seemed like very nice folks with a talent/effort edge. A few seemed like jerks.

In perspective, some of the folks here that participate in our SW gatherings are far more impressive, and treasured.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
quite a few, all in Manhattan. Gene Hackman was the nicest guy actor I’ve ever met. We spoke for 15,20 minutes, great freaking guy! Robin Williams whoa! That Guy was out there.

Last edited by BamBam; 05/04/24.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was walking down the sidewalk one time and Ted Kennedy with his entourage were walking the other way. I wanted to body slam him, but I kept my mouth shut and kept on walking.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/04/24.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
On the set of Basic Instinct Sharon Stone would take time to chat up the crew. Worked set deco on some locations . Robbin Williams always looked out for his crew and would remember your name from film to film. Don Johnson worked stupid, after the set was prepped and ready he'd change the shoot schedule and move to another scene and location . Spent hrs talking with Christopher Lee on the set of An Eye For An Eye way back in 1981 worked as a set electrician.

Last edited by sidepass; 05/04/24.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few years ago I was sighting in my muzzleloader at my local gun club. It was cold and windy and there was only one other group of shooters at the rifle range that day. Five guys were shooting several different AR15 rifles. After I was sighted in I needed to pull my targets so I walked down to where the other group was to let them know I needed to go downrange whenever they had a break in their shooting. I stepped up to one of the guys standing there and said hello. This guy turned to face me full on and for all the world he looked like Ozzie Smith, the STL Cardinals shortstop. As I explained what I needed I guess my expression gave it away and he smiled and stuck his hand out, "Hi, I am Ozzie Smith." Ozzie and his son were both there shooting AR rifles and having a blast doing so. Ozzie was down-to-earth and a genuinely nice guy. We talked AR's for a quick moment and not wanting to be a pain in the butt I left them and went on with my business.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Was at a wedding downtown Indianapolis at a fancy hotel,went outside for a minute, Drew Breeze comes walking out chatted for 30 seconds. Meet a few of the Colorado Avalanche players their first year in Colorado when they won the Stanley cup rode the fire engine with them during the parade. Several Green Bay packer players. If you consider sports people celebrities.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Have met, and shook hands with quite a few. Perhaps my most memorable was being kissed by Barbara Mandrel…..if that counts! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Interviewed with Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers for a job as a bouncer.

Was not yet 21 did not get the job

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
In 1986 I saw Mitsy the famed exotic dancer shoot ping pong balls out of her hoo hoo

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Several older pro drag racers. Cha Cha, Big Daddy. Grumpy just grabbed a photo signed it & handed it to me without looking up. I passed. He wasn't an a hole just his mind was buried deep in the carb he was studying. Damn near got pinched in-between famous engine builder Ed Pink & Don Prudhomme while they were having a discussion as Don wasn't competitive that race. Don turned away from Ed & started BSing with me, asking questions & stuff. Think he just needed to lighten up a bit. Hell of a nice guy.

Shot clays just casually a few times with Jon Kruger. He was kind of quiet & very driven, but always offered me pointers. Stuff he usually got paid to do. Then, Bill McGuire who later went on to shoot a lot of tournaments with Jon, winning a few himself.

Can't forget my bud John Brumbach, multiple time Bank Pool World Champ.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dirt99
In 1986 I saw Mitsy the famed exotic dancer shoot ping pong balls out of her hoo hoo

Sure, you just had to "one-up" the rest of us ! laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Who the heck are some of these folks you all are mentioning? I thought they were sposed to be celeberritys or somehting

Walked up to Johnny Almond's table at a small bar during a break from his show. Asked if he was one and the same who played with John Mayall and John Mark. His wife looked at me, turned to the Johnny and the band and said "At least on person in this town knows his music"

Actually played a pick up hockey game in which Willie O'Ree was playing.

Other than that..........................I got nothin'

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I see Phil Vassor any old time

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A few athletes here and there. Most recently JJ McCarthy a week ago in Ann Arbor.

Last edited by bluffview; 05/04/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worked a movie job once, worked with Gerard Butler, he was OK, Elizebeth Shue was nice, Levin Rambin a little beoch. 😂

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,617
Posts18,532,974
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.