Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks all.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have seen a horse. I may even have touched a horse.

I used to help out on a rancher's cattle branding day. Once, he told me to jump up on that horse and go bring back that stray cow. I told him I'd never been on a horse. He looked at me like I was from Mars. So I asked him if he'd ever flown a jet.

Different life paths.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many of my best memories have been on a horse. I spent the first 30 years of my life around horses everyday, riding every chance I got. Was nothing to grab a horse out of the pasture with a piece of bailing twine wrapped around their nose, swing up like John Wayne and head for the hills. Did a bit of Rodeo until my back got broke. Spent the last 15 years getting myself on a property where I can get horses again. The sweet smell of horse sweat and leather, your windshield is a set of ears and the world opens up in front of you. My folks are into Missouri Fox Trotters now, but I'll still take a Quarter horse, please and thank you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Many of my best memories have been on a horse. I spent the first 30 years of my life around horses everyday, riding every chance I got. Was nothing to grab a horse out of the pasture with a piece of bailing twine wrapped around their nose, swing up like John Wayne and head for the hills. Did a bit of Rodeo until my back got broke. Spent the last 15 years getting myself on a property where I can get horses again. The sweet smell of horse sweat and leather, your windshield is a set of ears and the world opens up in front of you. My folks are into Missouri Fox Trotters now, but I'll still take a Quarter horse, please and thank you.

I always wanted a Fox Trotter

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yes, us 3 boys (at the time, another added later) shared a mean Shetland pony. We named him Trigger and we all know why. Trigger was mean and would bite you, rub you and your leg against stationary objects. He got meaner when we all came down with the red measles and he was not ridden much. He tried nip Dad and then rarred up on hind legs to strike him with the front hooves. Bad move on Trigger’s part. Dad wrestled freight and bounced at a beer joint on weekends. It was just like Mongo in Blazing Saddles. Three spotted skinheads watched the drama thru the window screen with wide eyes. Johnny, the youngest hollered , “Momma come quick, Daddy’s fighting Trigger!”We had a friend that owned horses and we rode his a good bit. I even got to ride one with in the Greenville Mississippi Christmas Parade with the Sheriff’s Posse. Mr Roy Lee Phillips was the friend and had a twin brother named Lee Roy. Only in the Deep South.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
No -don't have a meat locker or freezer big enough for one.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Currently a Norwegian Fjord horse (a draft horse)

13 hands 3” and 900 pounds of muscle.

Calm, easy keeper, athletic— a good horse for my youngest girl.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That’s a pony. smile

MAGA
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
That’s a pony. smile

Pony height, Horse muscle.

But they are technically horses—according to the people who categorize such things

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
That’s a pony. smile

Pony height, Horse muscle.

But they are technically horses—according to the people who categorize such things

Them and haflingers I always thought were neat.

MAGA
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
They are good horses.

Mine is like a 900 pound yellow lab.

Easy going and always hungry 🤤

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My quarter horse Dan
Best pleasure horse I had.
But like others above, I’ll take a mule over a horse EVERY time.
[Linked Image]

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Momma always said, "There are more horses asses in this world than there are horses".

And she meant it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Once upon a time those liberal fucs in Hollyweird had to know how to ride.Guess they had one skill,besides being total douches.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Saddlesore,, is there much difference in hoof care between mules an horses? if so could u explain? Thanks in advance

I AM AMERICA!
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Every good man and woman should have at least one good horse or mule in their lives.
Had both for years, for me good mule in the mountains good quarter horse pleasure and working cattle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a horse that retired. One day my uncle came over to ride it. He started to put the saddle on it and it laid down. When he pulled a saddle away, the horse stood up so he started to throw the saddle on it again. The horse laid down again.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by hosfly
Saddlesore,, is there much difference in hoof care between mules an horses? if so could u explain? Thanks in advance

Their are a few things. A mule's foot is generally healthier and harder than a horses. They still have to be trimmed and balanced on a regular schedule. The foot is more oblong than rounded than horse and have a straighter hoof wall back towards the heels.This they get from the donkey side. You sure have to be careful not to quick them on those rear nails.

Many mules can go without shoes because of how hard their hooves are. I shoe mine with spotted borium on toes and heels for iced big rock country in hunting season.. Those fall trails get muddy and freeze and can sore up a foot pretty quick.

Mules carry more of their weight on the fronts than horses and my present mule will roll over his toes pretty quick. I generally follow the angle of the pastern,but set them up on their toes just a tad.

You can make mule shoes out of keg horse shoes, but it is easier, and cost more to buy ready made mule shoes. I have used pony shoes on a few smaller mules because the smallest mules shoe I can buy is 000.

As for horses, I found out about fifty years ago, their best use is to make mules.

My present ride:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Before him:

They can pack pretty good too.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
2 members like this: JeffP, hosfly
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 68 invisible), 3,400 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,439
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.