ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I did

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But of course. Nothing was ever harmed, however.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/04/24.

1Minute
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We made them out of tree branches and got this great rubber from the mines, or used red rubber inner tubes . Black ones didn’t work.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nope, David killed Goliath with a sling shot. My rock slinging apparatus was a forked stick with strong rubber used to provide fast acceleration of objects used as ammunition! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Nope, David killed Goliath with a sling shot. My rock slinging apparatus was a forked stick with strong rubber used to provide fast acceleration of objects used as ammunition! memtb
David used a “ Sling”, not a Sling Shot.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
1 member likes this: butchlambert1
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if I was on the inside.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Had a "wrist rocket" with silicone tubing, shot marbles or ball bearing....was deadly accurate with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Had a "wrist rocket" with silicone tubing, shot marbles or ball bearing....was deadly accurate with it.
Same. Killed my first bird with one when I was a pup. Pure luck of a shot lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, my dad made my first one...he called it a flip

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Had a sling shot and many bean flippers.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Magnum bean flipper.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
No sling shots. But plenty of home made bows with home made arrows. No fletching. Baling twine bow strings.

Willow trees were the only thing around straight enough to serve as bows or arrows. Maximum range: about twenty yards. Many cows were shot in the butt, none injured.

The same baling twines served as bridles on the willow tree stick horses which we (7 year old self, 6 year old sister, 3 year old brother) rode into battle against those cows.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I did, but that wasn't what we called them back then... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
1 member likes this: Crash_Pad
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
We made them out of tree branches and got this great rubber from the mines, or used red rubber inner tubes . Black ones didn’t work.
You must be old, in the mid fifties, red inner tubes were getting hard to find. We scoured the entire community to find red inner tubes, seldom found a red tube. So we made sling shots from boot tongues, and heavy leather boot laces!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I too had a Wrist Rocket, but was never deadly accurate with it.

I did better with a Crossman 760 and then a 140. Always wanted a Crossman 99 lever action, but opted to spend my allowance on .22 ammo instead of CO2 cartridges.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by steve4102
You must be old, in the mid fifties, red inner tubes were getting hard to find. We scoured the entire community to find red inner tubes, seldom found a red tube. So we made sling shots from boot tongues, and heavy leather boot laces!!
I am old,

My father owned a Service Station and Red Tubes would be available now and then.. He saved them for us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, my brother John still makes and shoots them, they are really nice and made from deer antlers. He's damn good with one, I've seen him on more than one occasion knocking a dove out of the air.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Oh yeah. The old timey red rubber inner tubes were best. China berries made good ammo as well as pea gravel. We killed birds, squirrels and rabbits with them.
I was inspired by the story of David and Goliath from a Sunday School lesson. I set about to try a sling and made one from a work boot tongue and green parachute cord. I discovered accuracy was not there and it would fling a baseball size rock a great distance ( 100 yards or more). I practiced in our 2 acre adjacent lot. Got several specimens of rock and started my practice. The rock arched up and away right into bedroom window of a house on the far backside of our lot. I remember wishing it would come back and not go so far. Anyway, went to the back door of the house and knocked hoping nobody was home. No such luck. A lady, visibly shaken, answered the knock holding my baseball size rock. She had been ironing in that bedroom when my rock crashed thru her window and bounced off the very shirt she had been ironing. Long story short, I was banned from further practice of my sling, and had to replace her window pane. It was a lot of work. Had to measure the pane, borrow her ladder, ride my bike to the hardware store to buy glazing putty and a pane and return to install it and use her paint to touch it up. Just remember that those peaceful Palestinians were flinging baseball size rocks at great speed towards IDF troops using this same type sling. No wonder that they break their arms if they catch one of these peaceful protestors.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 56 invisible), 4,615 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.