T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dang

That’s eye opening and very plausible

You could still make a giant Battalion sized casserol dish of 2 boxes of hamburger helper lasagna at the dollar general for $$4
And then a pound of ground chuck runs about $5 a lb, did yesterday evwning (from the Food Lion)

Could serve 5 humans easily with some wanting seconds

Maybe $10 for a fambly meal

Box of cereal is $5 and 1/2 gal of milk is $2.89 here in Ten-O’-Cee

Or even cheaper if dumb asses looked up a recipe and sourced the lower cost ingredients themselves.

Get the cheaper higher fat ground beef pull off the fat for skillet gravy or scrambled eggs the next morning.

People are just friggin stupid how they shop.

Most ijits don't shop price per oz/gram/pound/liter.

Fats, I'm disappointed. I wanted more bouncing titties.

2 members like this: GMMuscle, FatCity67
GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Gotta hit up the ghetto meat markets there’s deals out there

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Okay, relatedly, just saw the previews of this on Netflix. I thought hilarious:

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/videos/unfrosted-trailer
Looks hilarious!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If there was only something people could do to not have to purchase high quality protein….

You gonna start giving away boat rides?

I do that enough already.

You can be the positive change in your community.

If you couldn't survive in my area with our without a boat, your effort level would be pretty low. Most of the usa has ample opportunities but people won't put in the time/effort to become proficient at harvesting what's available.
If only 10% of the population became proficient at hunting and fishing, then spread out and attempted to feed their families thereby, wild animals would become extinct within six months.

As sparsely populated as Idaho was during the depression and WW II rationing, it still took 25 years for Idaho game herds to recover from sustenance hunting.

The idea of living on game when SHTF is laughable with the possible exception of "your area". But expect a huge incursion of starving hordes from the cities.
Those starving hordes from the city don't know how to hunt, don't have anything to hunt with, couldn't hit much with it if they had a gun and figured out how to operate it and wouldn't know how to turn a dead animal into food if they had one. The vast majority would starve before they procured the means and figured it all out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't really care what grocery prices do. The vast bulk of my food doesn't come from a damn store. Grow it, catch, kill it....screw spending hundreds on it every week.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Feral_American
I don't really care what grocery prices do. The vast bulk of my food doesn't come from a damn store. Grow it, catch, kill it....screw spending hundreds on it every week.
Ted Nugent?? That you?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Funny listening to a bunch of no hunting 🤡 s on a hunting forum gripe about the price of meat.

Just sad.

2 members like this: Greenhorn, Feral_American
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Funny listening to a bunch of no hunting 🤡 s on a hunting forum gripe about the price of meat.

Just sad.
^^🤡🤡^^

1 member likes this: GMMuscle
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Seriously, pry your whining a$$ off the couch.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Ted Nugent?? That you?

Nope, just make my own luck.

Been avoiding a grocery bill my entire life, and not by accident.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Nobody gives a fuqk about ur phaaguty Polaroids Lloyd

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It’s high down here

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I’m 74 and we grew up eating a lot of fast food growing up- duck, doves, rabbits, squirrels and later on, deer. We ate a bunch of fish also and frog legs. Some meals that rich folks would spend big bucks for at a fancy restaurant. We had a garden too and put up and canned stuff. We traded stuff with the neighbors also. Trade our fig preserves for their pecans and the like. Dried peas and beans with cornbread can be a full meal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All the hardasses that think wild game is the ticket when the balloon goes up are going to starve or eat long pig. With the proliferation of cheap accurate guns and ammo, anything walking around is going to get wiped the fûck out fast.

MAGA
1 member likes this: TimberRunner
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
All the hardasses that think wild game is the ticket when the balloon goes up are going to starve or eat long pig. With the proliferation of cheap accurate guns and ammo, anything walking around is going to get wiped the fûck out fast.

First thing that disappears when society collapses is the game animals. Wiped out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That's why knowing how to grow your own edibles, and preserve them long term, puts you a cut above the starving class. 'Course, you may have to defend your lot from time to time, to keep it.

Gotta feed the pigs with somethin' I'd suppose.......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That's why knowing how to grow your own edibles, and preserve them long term, puts you a cut above the starving class. 'Course, you may have to defend your lot from time to time, to keep it.

If you want to go vegan might keep you in food for awhile.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

First thing that disappears when society collapses is the game animals. Wiped out.

And soon after that people will start shooting and eating my cows.

But for the time being we're livin' large.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you want to go vegan might keep you in food for awhile.

It warms my heart to know there's peeple out there that think as you do.

You and yours will be gone in the first wave and cease to be of any concern.......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

And soon after that people will start shooting and eating my cows.

But for the time being we're livin' large.

Them slow elk will be the first to go cuzzin! The prices for beeves on the hoof would have me out with a thermal every damn night as it is.

MAGA
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 72 invisible), 3,009 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.