Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone ever make one that works? Watching YouTube and just on a lark I put my cell phone in a metal garbage can with a lid, insulated it from the side and floor and bingo I called it just fine hearing it ring from my wife’s cell phone! The YouTube video looks like BS. What is the trick to building one of these things?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I put renolds wrap around mine- didn't work until i got way out in the middle of nowhere.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These do work !

The device will get hot increasing its power looking for a signal if you leave it on, better to turn it off.

https://www.infowarsstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Faraday+

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just for fun one time I put my phone in my gun safe and had the wife call me while I was listening with a harbor freight stethoscope against the safe door, IIRR we made 4 or 6 calls and about half of them went through. 🤷🏻‍♂️

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If you're looking for EMP protection, IMO your
best bet is to invest in several good saddle
horses and the tack.
A couple of washboards, a wood stove, a
manual pump or bored well bucket depending
on the appropriate method, some coal oil
lamps and lanterns and a couple of replacement
globes and a couple of gross of the proper wicks.
There's other stuff, but you'll have to make your
list fit your needs

1 member likes this: Dons99
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What’s the purpose?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I tried to military ammo can. pulled the rubber gasket and stuffed in aluminum foil lots of aluminum foil. Put a few cell phones In text and called and the phones never received any text messages or any phone calls. I’m assuming and I might be wrong that this works.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
What good are your items that you have protected in a faraday bag when 99 % of the infrastructure has been fried and we are catapulted back in time 3 hundred years?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If an EMP happens all the fancy electronic devices are going to be worthless anyway- - - - -there won't be any infrastructure to support any of them. Your stash of brass, copper, lead and powder will be much more valuable than your truckload of electronic stuff, and your ability to barter your skills for essential goods and services will trump that imaginary bank balance you've been accumulating- - - - -possibly for decades.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
What good are your items that you have protected in a faraday bag when 99 % of the infrastructure has been fried and we are catapulted back in time 3 hundred years?
Damn good point, buddy. The only hope we have is elect strong leaders that keep the world from destroying all of mankind. Mutual assured destruction has worked till now because , we have kept a nuclear weapon from the hands of a mad man or religious fanatic nation and leadership in the nuclear powered nations have recognized the utter insanity that anyone of them would survive an escalating nuclear war.
That’s not to say it isn’t wise to be prepared for brown outs of our power grid , shortages of the essential food and fuel, and potential of looting gangs , as the likelihood that occurrence is very real.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Faraday cages only work if the wire mesh is grounded. Your aluminum foil laying in a ammo can isnt grounded.

Swifty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hunting clothes have recently came out that promote the faraday concept. But instead of blocking magnetic fields from entering it supposedly blocks them (muscle neurons ?) from escaping.
I think I’ll pass on it.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ya don’t think you’ll get door dash after a emp

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What’s the point. The grid would be down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an electronics design, used in many places, including submarines and airforce one, with a Faraday shield made of mu metal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu-metal

But at parties, I wear a tin foil hat, made of Aluminum.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This one works, put it in the microwave on defrost setting. The microwaves cancel out the EMP.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
What’s the point. The grid would be down.

Maybe he just wants a phone but only wants transmitting when he wants it transmitting.

Not exactly happy mine is tracked.

We have Life360. I figured since we were tracked, we might as well use that.
It's still unnerving. One click and I can see where the whole family is. (If they are in a service area.) How fast they are driving, or walking, if the had rapid acceleration or hard braking events...

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
All my red dot sights, a short wave receiver, night vision monocular, solar charging station, are a few that I might want to live

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
All my red dot sights, a short wave receiver, night vision monocular, solar charging station, are a few that I might want to live

Damn!
The man makes good sense.
A few protected batteries, and the electronics would live longer than over half of the citizenry.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 05/05/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Faraday cages only work if the wire mesh is grounded. Your aluminum foil laying in a ammo can isnt grounded.

we did it for fun, To see if they would get a signal. They didn’t none of the phones got any of our text messages or any of our phone calls. so apparently grounded or not if you have that in your car and you put your phone in it, they can’t track you? That’s what we were looking at not sure if it’s true but that’s what we were trying to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 907brass, 18 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,677
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.