Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not enough name calling , and stupidity to hold my interest .

Adios............

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by cisco1

Adios............

Agreed.

Is it possible that a section at 24 hour campfire could be set up where only constructive information transfer and helpful dialogues take place for those just wanted to up their game and learn without mental retardation taking over? Hell, or even just somehow fix it so people read and understand the post they are replying to?

I am 100% certain there are many with great information to share here but don't engage due to this incessant BS.

1 member likes this: ttpoz
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Professional Victims will always find reason(s) to Whine. Hint.

Just sayin’………….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Originally Posted by cisco1

Adios............

Agreed.

Is it possible that a section at 24 hour campfire could be set up where only constructive information transfer and helpful dialogues take place for those just wanted to up their game and learn without mental retardation taking over? Hell, or even just somehow fix it so people read and understand the post they are replying to?

I am 100% certain there are many with great information to share here but don't engage due to this incessant BS.

That is discriminating against the narcissistic sociopath. Get ready for copy and paste, jibberish, and a hurt feeler report

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt reading anout it,while “living” vicariously. Hint.

How many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

Just sayin’…………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lip Stick sounds like a broken record

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Meth does that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can “afford” to “contribute”. Hint.

Pardon Splendid Wares that simply exist,if only to your Brokedick chagrin. Hint.

Just sayin’…………..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oops, he did it again

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fairly easy for me,as I have 100’s of scopes. Keep rattling pom-pom’s while you DREAM aloud. Hint.

Bless your Brokedick Professional Victim’s heart.

Just sayin’……………

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fairly easy for me,as I have 100’s of scopes.

Just sayin’……………

Certainly a skosh less than 200.

Most likely a 20+ to 1 ratio of SFP vs. FFP

SFP's seem to work just fine for the type of killin' I do.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
1 member likes this: fishnpbr
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
These five SFP 6X A.O. scopes will all be evaluated on a new Hunter Class rifle where 6X is the max. allowable magnification. From the top:
-Weaver steel tube T6
-Burris HBR
-Leupold 6X42
-Sightron HBR
-New style Weaver alum T6

These two Sightron SFP's will get wrung out on my VFS rig. The 36X45 ED has already proven itself at the range. The 10-50X60 is up next. The Leupold is a NIB Competition Hunter that I stumbled onto after picking up a used one (pictured above) that needed the occular tube thread massaged a bit. This NIB one has some features that the part number doesn't reflect. Don't let the Model 70 in the back ground throw 'ya for a loop. After all, as one of this sites 'ex-spurts' says......I only work on BR rifles. crazy

This 45X one will get sorted out too, as time allows. Oddly, Big Louie tells me this flagship model of their target scope line is "Currently Not Being Produced". Not sure if that's corporate-speak for 'discontinued' or marketing speak by a marketing exec. that used to work for General Foods....

Again...there's no right or wrong. It's using a tool that works for the job. As has been pointed out, you'll never see a FFP scope used for actual BR target work where the names are listed and the scores and rankings are posted.

For hunting use, I can see the sense of a FFP scope with a proper reticle. Personally for me, it's hard to see something better than a reliable range finder and a SFP scope that tracks and repeats. Having shot thousands of 'dogs over the years out to 700 yards with setups like this, it simply works. You have to have a reliable scope...which is what it's all about, anyway. If you're a set and forget type (90% of hunters), just get a ranging reticle that works and a reliable LRF if needed.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
As has been pointed out, you'll never see a FFP scope used for actual target work where the names are listed and the scores and rankings are posted.

For hunting use, I can see the sense of a FFP scope with a proper reticle.

Wrong

There are other competitions that you are obviously unfamiliar with that no one uses a SFP scope

Practical Rifle Matches and Precision Rifle

The reticle subtensions must remain constant regardless of power setting for wind holds and elevation

Same for hunting

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Wrong

There are other competitions that you are obviously unfamiliar with that no one uses a SFP scope

The reticle subtensions must remain constant regardless of power setting for wind holds and elevation

Same for hunting

Yep...I should have specified BR shooting as that's what people seem to get their panties wadded up about. Several pals I shoot BR with also shoot the PRS game and the FFP scopes do a good job in that scenario.

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong

Same for hunting

Yep...I should have specified BR shooting as that's what people seem to get their panties wadded up about. Several pals I shoot BR with also shoot the PRS game and the FFP scopes do a good job in that scenario.

FFP scopes are a necessity in those games

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong

Same for hunting

FFP scopes are a necessity in those games

If a scope is going to be used a lot at some mid power then FFP is really the only way to go. Any scope over 20X where wind holds must be done with the reticle is better suited with a FFP reticle placement. Paper target comps have know scoring rings so hold off is usually done scaling the target or dialing so 2ndFP works well.

If one can use the scope at max mag for most any shot requiring wind holds then I prefer 2ndFP. I have 2ndFP in my hunting scopes that max out at 18X.

I also like being able to change the reticle substention in some circumstances and much prefer 2ndFP in low light.

Lots of choices these day and it's easy to find an optic that suits ones wants and needs.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 05/06/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

1 member likes this: rcamuglia
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As has been pointed out, you'll never see a FFP scope used for actual target work where the names are listed and the scores and rankings are posted.

Wrong
Same for hunting

Local IBS 600 BR range created a "tactical" class just for the PRS guys, because they weren't competitive enough to shoot with the big dogs in regular LG or HG classes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf

Wrong
Same for hunting

Local IBS 600 BR range created a "tactical" class just for the PRS guys, because they weren't competitive enough to shoot with the big dogs in regular LG or HG classes.

That was nice of them

In the same vain, I’d love to see a benchrest shooter walk a 3 mile course for 3 days carrying all of his gear, arriving at marked shooting positions, locate, range, and fire one shot at each target out to 1200 yards while trying to find a position to get a rest from a tree limb, boulder outcropping all while being on the clock

Oh, and no “sighters” until you figure out elevation and windage

😂 😆 😝

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wrong
Same for hunting

That was nice of them

In the same vain, I’d love to see a benchrest shooter walk a 3 mile course for 3 days carrying all of his gear, arriving at marked shooting positions, locate, range, and fire one shot at each target out to 1200 yards while trying to find a position to get a rest from a tree limb, boulder outcropping all while being on the clock

😂 😆 😝

This, two very different games. Didn't I see a video with Erik Cortina talking about sucking at PRS? Keith Glasscock as well?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wrong
Same for hunting

That was nice of them

Just like the sniper gear, I could give a flying fuuck what PRS shooters use.

I only entered this fray when this was posted:
At distance and for precision shooting, FFP all the way.

Again, no serious LR BR shooter on the planet uses a FFP scope.

I didn't say it wasn't usable, but for the ultimate in accuracy at distance, a FFP is not the best tool for the job.

1 member likes this: Al_Nyhus
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,902
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.