Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
The cage does not have to be grounded. But it would build up a charge if not grounded. You have to figure how to dissipate the charge.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Shield rooms.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by BamBam
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Faraday cages only work if the wire mesh is grounded. Your aluminum foil laying in a ammo can isnt grounded.

we did it for fun, To see if they would get a signal. They didn’t none of the phones got any of our text messages or any of our phone calls. so apparently grounded or not if you have that in your car and you put your phone in it, they can’t track you? That’s what we were looking at not sure if it’s true but that’s what we were trying to do.

If you have a gps tracking app, start a track, put the phone in the ammo box. Drive around a while and then go back near your starting point open the ammo box and see if recorded a track showing your path, distance traveled, speed, etc.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Faraday cages only work if the wire mesh is grounded. Your aluminum foil laying in a ammo can isnt grounded.
we did it for fun, To see if they would get a signal. They didn’t none of the phones got any of our text messages or any of our phone calls. so apparently grounded or not if you have that in your car and you put your phone in it, they can’t track you? That’s what we were looking at not sure if it’s true but that’s what we were trying to do.
If Apple, have you tried the “find my iPhone app”?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by earlybrd
What’s the purpose?

Prevent the phone from being tracked.

If you have a burner it's best to keep it turned off inside a Faraday bag/box and only remove it and turn it on in locations not associated with you, and never out and active in the presence of your primary device.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
So on the subject, I have a solar generator and solar panels for one of those grid failures or emp.
How do I protect my panels not being used from an emp?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by navlav8r

If you have a gps tracking app, start a track, put the phone in the ammo box. Drive around a while and then go back near your starting point open the ammo box and see if recorded a track showing your path, distance traveled, speed, etc.

I’ll give that a try, the guys are coming over next Saturday night for dinner will screw around with it. Somebody was saying if you wrap the box, ammo can with copper wire? It achieves the same effect I don’t know if this works or not but Somebody brought it up.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
If Apple, have you tried the “find my iPhone app”?

no, but we definitely gonna try that.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I’ll give that a try, the guys are coming over next Saturday night for dinner will screw around with it. Somebody was saying if you wrap the box, ammo can with copper wire? It achieves the same effect I don’t know if this works or not but Somebody brought it up.

Or buy some copper mesh and line the inside with that.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Or buy some copper mesh and line the inside with that.

OK, I just bought some copper mesh wire from Amazon. Will screw around with this next weekend, lol.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1936M71, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,636
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.