-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen many dogs that should be shot, but never seen a situation where a politician should say they shot one.

"shoot, shovel, and shut up" - 90 year old man with his own saw mill in 1980

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
She's done good things for SD.

I don't care that she shot a dog, most of us have.

But, she's shown she's politically stupid and those around her are too.

While I've never believed the VP influences anyone's vote in the positive, I think they can be a liability, and she has become a liability.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

But most of us do not brag about it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Hastings
Louisiana law also allows you kill any dog for any reason that is on your property
Not exactly. But dogs cannot lawfully be on another's property. Revised Statutes 3:2771 through 2773 will tell all about it.

Our Sherrif (not depuity told me that one could legally shoot a dog on your property.
That is not what Louisiana Title 3 of the Revised Statutes says. Pull up sections 2771 through 2773 and read the part that says dangerous and vicious. Since it is in the Ag section one could confidently assume that it is addressing livestock but anyone knows you can kill a dog threatening humans.

I know you think you are a lawyer but I'd wage that my sheriff is better in jail area
Read it for yourself. It is written in English. It won’t take more than a few minutes to read it two or three times. I worked with commissioned law enforcement officers that made up law. An officer’s opinion is not what counts. Louisiana law does not say you can kill a dog that happens to wander onto your property. Read it, it will tell you what you can legally do.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is what it is. I’m afraid the reality of her situation is, at this point, she has pretty much jumped the shark as the term goes.
Damn shame too, but you can’t put the paste back in the tube. frown

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well to much truth and honesty is more than most people can handle. I am somewhat surprised that she forgot that. But maybe she was telling our native population I am no different than you atleast she didn't skin it and feed it to her kids. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by scottf270
There are times something is better left unsaid. She may have been right as rain but nationally, there's no coming back from this.

Originally Posted by slumlord
Doesn’t matter where Trump is from, doesn’t matter how many newborn pups you’ve conked in the skull, ya just don’t discuss chit like that to the squeamish general public.
Political suicide and the more space he puts between himself and her, potentially the better. We don’t need any fu ckups, not even a blip.
Even if he only pretends to find it offense, he has be sure he doesn’t alienate a possible 1-2% of folks that get blowd up that.

Yep. It doesn't matter if it was right or legal. It's not something she should've brought out in public.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'd vote for her over a communist, I don't care if she did a drive by at the animal shelter. However, many if not most won't and that is what makes her dumb, almost unbelievably so. This is right up there with Bud Lite using a tranny to hawk their swill, except they were probably forced by Blackrock.

Trump needs every vote and that includes city people with their lap dog "babies"......He has most of the country people as it is.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of necessary “do’s” and “I did’s” in the course of a lifetime just don’t need talked about or repeated…even while pimping your life history in a book. Her life, her choice though.

I am surprised that “Ol’ Yeller” ain’t been cancelled or banned during this wave of gasping and backlash.

Just one hick’s humble opinion. 😵‍💫

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Few people could ever explain an act like that that actually expresses the true reality and it’s context to the general public and be looked at sympathetically.

Poor judgement in putting it down in black and white.

I can understand the hard decisions of ranch and farm life but 98% of our population has no idea.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Louisiana law also allows you kill any dog for any reason that is on your property
Not exactly. But dogs cannot lawfully be on another's property. Revised Statutes 3:2771 through 2773 will tell all about it.

Our Sherrif (not depuity told me that one could legally shoot a dog on your property.
That is not what Louisiana Title 3 of the Revised Statutes says. Pull up sections 2771 through 2773 and read the part that says dangerous and vicious. Since it is in the Ag section one could confidently assume that it is addressing livestock but anyone knows you can kill a dog threatening humans.

I know you think you are a lawyer but I'd wage that my sheriff is better in jail area
Read it for yourself. It is written in English. It won’t take more than a few minutes to read it two or three times. I worked with commissioned law enforcement officers that made up law. An officer’s opinion is not what counts. Louisiana law does not say you can kill a dog that happens to wander onto your property. Read it, it will tell you what you can legally do.

Are really this dumb? One can always claim the dog growled and acted aggressively. No one can prove other wise. When you live in the country and have average.

Last edited by jwp475; 05/05/24.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It might be a fortunate faux pas if it leads to her not being VP contender. I don’t think it’s the time or place for her. Don’t ask me why, just my gut feeling.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Are really this dumb? One can always claim the dog growled and acted aggressively. No one can prove other wise.
No I'm not all that dumb or smart but I am blessed with a talent for reading comprehension.

You are correct, you can lie your way out if there are no witnesses or better yet do NOT make a statement of any kind. But the fact remains you cannot legally kill a dog that is not "vicious or dangerous" or threatening. Why don't you relay this conversation to your sheriff and see if he approves of it being stated on a public forum that he says you can kill any dog by virtue of it being on your property.

It is unlawful for my cattle or donkeys etc. etc. to be loose on your property but it is also unlawful for you to harm them.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are really this dumb? One can always claim the dog growled and acted aggressively. No one can prove other wise.
No I'm not all that dumb or smart but I am blessed with a talent for reading comprehension.

You are correct, you can lie your way out if there are no witnesses or better yet do NOT make a statement of any kind. But the fact remains you cannot legally kill a dog that is not "vicious or dangerous" or threatening. Why don't you relay this conversation to your sheriff and see if he approves of it being stated on a public forum that he says you can kill any dog by virtue of it being on your property.

It is unlawful for my cattle or donkeys etc. etc. to be loose on your property but it is also unlawful for you to harm them.

For someone that fancies himself as smart that is a dumb analogy

Last edited by jwp475; 05/05/24.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
§2771. Dogs not to run at large

No person shall suffer or permit any dog in his possession, or kept by him about his premises, to run at large on any unenclosed land, or trespass upon any enclosed or unenclosed lands of another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No person shall suffer or permit any dog in his possession, or kept by him about his premises, to run at large on any unenclosed land, or trespass upon any enclosed or unenclosed lands of another.
Correct, keep reading all the way to 2773

Last edited by Hastings; 05/05/24.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I've never shot anyone's dog but I've clomw close. A neighbors pit did 500 dollars worth of vet bills to one of my horses. I could shoot any dog on my property if I chose.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Correct, keep reading all the way to 2773

If the dog is in my pasture then his owner is breaking g the law

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never shot anyone's dog but I've clomw close. A neighbors pit did 500 dollars worth of vet bills to one of my horses. I could shoot any dog on my property if I chose.
Over the last 35 years I've shot more pit bulls and their hybrids than I can count for chasing my cattle. It took years for my rural ghetto neighbors to learn to keep their dogs home.

Keep reading.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

But most of us do not brag about it.
I’m sure the dog needed shooting, have shot my share.

Some things you do, just don’t broadcast.

Shooting dogs definitely on that list.

Bad choice, bad P.R. And all unnecessary.

Gotta know when to hold, when to fold and when to shut yo mouth.

DF

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 27 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,070
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.