-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
does anyone have a favorite source? I need a couple hundred. These will go in a three screw Ruger Blackhawk 6 inch barrel. A woods bumming revolver/load for swamps here in FL and Ga.

Sam......

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I noticed that the Montana product has a gas check. That got me to thinking. I dug through my locker of forgotten treasures and found 150 brand new cast 175 grain , gas check, powder coated HP bullets that Scott F. sent me last year. I'll just use those.

Thanks for the nudge and the advice.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/04/24.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the 180 hard cast flat nose running 1200 fps in the .357. It is a great woods load where there are hogs. And I'm sure it would do well on bears or long-tail cats. I have found that 180 gr. bullets to be accurate in about every .357 I have tried them in. The recoil sensation is different too, more of a "boom and push" instead of a "crack and whip."

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The 175-180 grain at 1200 or so is a heavier load than I really want to shoot in my several J and K frame Smith's. It's going to be another month or so before I get the three screw back from the refinisher though, so I'm not in a huge hurry to load these.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The 175-180 grain at 1200 or so is a heavier load than I really want to shoot in my several J and K frame Smith's. It's going to be another month or so before I get the three screw back from the refinisher though, so I'm not in a huge hurry to load these.

Sam, Who did you end up deciding on to do the refinish work?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I use the 180 grain Cast Performance bullet in both of my 357s. They work good and do not lead the barrel. Midway usually has them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Ford’s in Crystal River. They are doing the grip on the Ruger, and Art’s 1911 A1 Springfield. Cerakote on both

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/05/24.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Ford’s in Crystal River. They are doing the grip on the Ruger, and Art’s 1911 A1 Springfield. Cerakote on both

Ford's does good work. If memory serves me correctly, I saw what I think was a model 15 over at a gun and pawn shop in Davie that has since closed that they had redone. Beautiful.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll second the choice of Cast Performance 180 grain bullets. Midway was a good source.

Montana Bullets have also been accurate for me. My Montana experience is with their lighter bullets, and their customer service is excellent, no matter what the bullet weight.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Why does an individual ask for a very specific item, also specifying precisely the weapon and barrel length they want to use it in, then when folks go out of the way to lead them to the very thing they asked for, say that they want to use something quite different which they already have and point out how the original item wouldn’t be right for some completely different guns they have which are grossly different than the one they originally specified?

WTF?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Not that there is anything wrong with that...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Anteloper
Why does an individual ask for a very specific item, also specifying precisely the weapon and barrel length they want to use it in, then when folks go out of the way to lead them to the very thing they asked for, say that they want to use something quite different which they already have and point out how the original item wouldn’t be right for some completely different guns they have which are grossly different than the one they originally specified?

WTF?
I see you are getting to know the campfire... This is a recurring theme in ever forum hereabouts.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

WTF?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
170g SWC from Lost River Ammo. A member on the 'Fire.

https://www.lostriverammocompany.com/

Edit: I misread the OP request. He is looking for bullets not loaded ammo. My bad.

Last edited by mjac; 05/07/24.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

WTF?

One of those mysteries of that life that has just escaped you. Laughing

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

WTF?

Beer. Or Tequila.
Are you telling me you haven't read a thread before and thought WTF is that guy asking, then notice it's your thread.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,963
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.