Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Thanks for the info.

The MI info is on par from what I've heard.

My biggest concern is can I list in here on the 'fire and sell out of state as a private seller ?
I know it goes to an FFL on the buyers end,done it a few times when life was easier.

Just not sure what the current rules are , other than being completly BS !

It's much easier to sell it and ship out of state. Though most of the hassle is on the buyers end on an in state transfer.

I sold a revolver and a long gun in the past few weeks. Shipped both via UPS ground to 2 different ffl holders outside of MI. No issues or complications. Insure the package for full value and require a signature. Have a UPS account to print a label at home and generally you can find a discount code that works. Take it to the UPS customer counter and it goes. If over $1000 insurance, they will sign a receipt

Just know that if you are not an FFL and you ship UPS as an individual (not through shipmygun, etc) you run afoul of the current UPS corporate policy and are unlikely to have insurance honored. They no longer permit shipping from an individual, which is why USPS is really the only game in town - unless you use one of the services such as shipmygun.

Thanks
Yeah, I plan on using USPS. My local one has been pretty good in the past.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
GB1

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WMR
You’ll be fine. Probably. 🫤

If you buy and sell guns to make money, then you may run afoul of BATFE’s more stringent interpretation of the law. If you’re selling one of your own personally used guns, then you will be fine. And yes, USPS still ships long guns from individuals to FFL dealers.

Just selling a semi-custom I don't use anymore.

Key words... Rem 700, PacNor, McMillian wink whistle

You’ll be fine. No, wait! Umm, that sounds very risky. I’d be willing to take it off your hands. Won’t even cost you much! 😏

1 member likes this: mibowhunter
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by WMR
You’ll be fine. Probably. 🫤

If you buy and sell guns to make money, then you may run afoul of BATFE’s more stringent interpretation of the law. If you’re selling one of your own personally used guns, then you will be fine. And yes, USPS still ships long guns from individuals to FFL dealers.

Selling to a MI CPL holder is still very easy. Just download and fill out the state transfer form.

I am going to sell a pre-war model 70 in 300 H&H. I bought it in around 1990 or so. I am hoping it is worth more today than 35 years ago. Does thatmean I need to jump through BATF's hoops now for a 85 year old rifle?

1. I am not an attorney

2. With #1 understood: you will be fine. You still must ship it to a FFL and follow the laws of your state. Federal law specifically allows for the liquidation of a person’s own firearm collection.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Last time I saw that gun, it was on the back seat of my car. I think somebody stole it while I was at the corner bar getting schidtfaced drunk! Dunno how that wad of C-notes ended up in my pocket- - - - -guess I won a bet on a horse race!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the info.

My biggest concern is can I list in here on the 'fire and sell out of state as a private seller ?
I know it goes to an FFL on the buyers end,done it a few times when life was easier.

It's much easier to sell it and ship out of state. Though most of the hassle is on the buyers end on an in state transfer.

I sold a revolver and a long gun in the past few weeks. Shipped both via UPS ground to 2 different ffl holders outside of MI. No issues or complications. Insure the package for full value and require a signature. Have a UPS account to print a label at home and generally you can find a discount code that works. Take it to the UPS customer counter and it goes. If over $1000 insurance, they will sign a receipt

I wouldn’t be bragging about that…. Handguns are supposed to be next day air.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hardway
Thanks for the info.

I wouldn’t be bragging about that…. Handguns are supposed to be next day air.

There is no legal requirement for that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 3,603 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,322
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.