Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hanco
We baked for the same reason, wifey did not like female pastors either!

Neither did GAWD.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was raised Baptist, saved and baptized in that church at 12, my stepdad was Methodist and later when I was in high school I would go to Christmas stuff with parents to the Methodist, this was in early 70’s , I instantly knew the woman giving the sermon and preaching from to pulpit, who looked Queer was totally Wrong, I told my folks, I would never go to that church again. That was over fifty years ago, [bleep] be going on .

1 member likes this: Tyrone
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Angus55
I was raised Baptist, saved and baptized in that church at 12, my stepdad was Methodist and later when I was in high school I would go to Christmas stuff with parents to the Methodist, this was in early 70’s , I instantly knew the woman giving the sermon and preaching from to pulpit, who looked Queer was totally Wrong, I told my folks, I would never go to that church again. That was over fifty years ago, [bleep] be going on .

There are very good reasons for the present ongoing breakaway and it will gain momentum with the latest congress results of the UMC. Folks still in the UMC have been vocal about this,

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We were married in a UMC back in '73. My FIL was a devoted Christian who set a personal goal for himself - to bring the minister to Christ. He failed. They left the church when they voted to support another UMC church that was trying to ordain a queer. Their son, my BIL, was teaching Sunday school. He left when they told him he had to quit teaching from the Bible. He had to use their official church material which wasn't in the least bit Christian. He wanted nothing more to do with them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The “true” church will sift out of the organized church, I believe, as it falls more and more into apostasy. It’s in every Protestant denomination and the RCC as well. Evangelical Christianity today has allowed the culture and its degradation to infiltrate.

At some point folks may have to revert to house churches ala the 1st century AD in order to obey and hold to Biblical Christian doctrine.

Sorry for your Methodist church.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There will always be those who stay true to God’s word and there have always been those who have been heretical or at least schismatic in the church.

Just in the 1st and 2nd century AD while the church was in its youth, there were heretics such as the Montanists, the donatists, Arianism, and other kinds of neo-Plutonists in the church.

So, as Solomon once remarked, “there is nothing new under the sun.”

After five decades, steeped in denominational dogma and legalism, I’ve determined the surest road to safety is to read the scriptures yourself taking the most common sense of the actual words as they are written. And heed to the Apostles an Nicean Creeds for teaching basics.

1 member likes this: JeffyD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just remembering something locally. Was a small church plant took over an H&R Block suite
It was called House of Bread God Chasers of The Nation That Shall Obey. 🧐

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Back in the day, as a Methodist all you had to worry about was the Catholics. Nowadays its the Methodist church itself. THEY decided ours wasnt making enough money and told us basically they were going to close it and sell the property and confiscate the cemetry fund. The members bought the church at the auction and kept the Cemetry fund.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The words of Jesus himself:
Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

The penalties of sexual sin are scattered through the Bible from end to end. Jesus couldn't make it any more clear that these people are hell bound.
You mean works have something to do with salvation?!!!!

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Works are simply the observable fruit of a life dedicated to the service of the Lord, or a life committed to self. Once the Holy Spirit is received at salvation, conviction will lead a believer to righteous works, or they will die with a convicted heart. Without asking forgiveness and changing from lawlessness they will receive judgement. It will be eternal. Christ will make that call on that day.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

I do not know what is directing some of these religious leaders, but I have my suspicions based on my upbringing and study of the Word. I'm not leaning on my own understanding but I'm pretty sure the Judgement Seat of Christ will not be the joyous event for many they think it will be.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"They" are after your church no matter what denomination it is, if it teaches traditional morality, it's a target. This has been documented since the beginning of time, but here's something more recent:

https://tridentinecatholic.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Alta-Vendita.pdf

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know the TikTok’s is as bad as the walmarks, but this is comedy gold from their conference last week. And no, it’s not parody.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLCqJeKy/

Meanwhile, at our non-Methodist church a few months ago, my 10 year old daughter taking notes on the bulletin sheet "Pastor Robin is really putting it on the gays today"

Last edited by Cheesy; 05/06/24.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Our church joined the Global Methodist church earlier.

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248...ns-on-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

Many years ago, I belonged to a church that broke away from the United Methodist Church in the 1890’s…..because they were “too liberal”! That should tell you a lot about the UMC! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Amen George! Well said sir.

Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The “true” church will sift out of the organized church, I believe, as it falls more and more into apostasy. It’s in every Protestant denomination and the RCC as well. Evangelical Christianity today has allowed the culture and its degradation to infiltrate.

At some point folks may have to revert to house churches ala the 1st century AD in order to obey and hold to Biblical Christian doctrine.

Sorry for your Methodist church.

Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
There will always be those who stay true to God’s word and there have always been those who have been heretical or at least schismatic in the church.

Just in the 1st and 2nd century AD while the church was in its youth, there were heretics such as the Montanists, the donatists, Arianism, and other kinds of neo-Plutonists in the church.

So, as Solomon once remarked, “there is nothing new under the sun.”

After five decades, steeped in denominational dogma and legalism, I’ve determined the surest road to safety is to read the scriptures yourself taking the most common sense of the actual words as they are written. And heed to the Apostles an Nicean Creeds for teaching basics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They are a church for Satan.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The UMC has sold out to the queers because of money, nothing else. The two denominations that I consider the worst in that respect are the Catholics and the Methodists. They put money above all else. There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that puts God's stamp of approval on homosexual behavior. Yes, God loves the sinners, but not the sin, as the old argument goes. But, He also makes it very clear that homosexuals will not enter into His kingdom.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Brannon Howse's book "Marxianity" explains a lot about how Marxism has slowly crept into religious institutions and is gaining a foothold with their woke agenda.
"How the Evangelical Deep state and Their 'Useful Idiots' are Merging Marxism and Christianity through Social Justice, White Privilege, Cultural Marxism, Illegal Immigration, Interfaith Dialogue and more."

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rainshot
Brannon Howse's book "Marxianity" explains a lot about how Marxism has slowly crept into religious institutions and is gaining a foothold with their woke agenda.
"How the Evangelical Deep state and Their 'Useful Idiots' are Merging Marxism and Christianity through Social Justice, White Privilege, Cultural Marxism, Illegal Immigration, Interfaith Dialogue and more."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_march_through_the_institutions

This refers to the strategy commies adopted somewhere in the 1960's when it became apparent that a "worker revolution" like happened in Russia wasn't going to work in the West.

The churches are institutions.

Last edited by RJY66; 05/06/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's another one on the infiltration of the Roman Catholic Church from the Communist perspective.

https://archive.org/details/Aa-1025TheMemoirsOfAnAnti-apostle

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was raised in the Methodist then UMC. I didn't know of anyone growing up that the merger to the UMC was a good idea

I left the UMC 30 years ago. I should have left when our pastor held up a Newsweek during a sermon in 1990 (during Desert Shield) and called our soldiers murderers. I was an Army Reserve Captain at the time waiting on the call to go to the sandbox. Some friends convinced me to stay saying the elders (who were mostly ex military) were meeting with him that night. I left a couple of years later.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (257Ackley, 22kHornet, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 63 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,694
Posts18,534,578
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.