Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Have you guys read the new atf rule,all 455pages. Congress approved it in 2022 without reading it. With no private gun sales its going change the gun business and ruin the gunshows.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Takes effect in 14 days

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
We have “likes” now, pard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Have you guys read the new atf rule,all 455pages. Congress approved it in 2022 without reading it. With no private gun sales its going change the gun business and ruin the gunshows.

No, not all 455. But from your question, it is self evident YOU have not read any.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
1 member likes this: Strop10
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Been that way in Oregon since 2015.

Gun shows continue but there is an FFl station for doing the 4473.

Stinks, but gun shows continue.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Been that way in NY since these communist tyrants passed the SAFE act in 2013. I used to get some good deals on guns at garage/lawn sales and from the classifieds in the local paper but the communist pig fuuckers sure ruined that like they have a lot of things I held dear.

1 member likes this: Clicksalot
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Are you sure Congress approved it? It's a policy change by an agency, which agencies don't usually seek approval for from anyone.

It seems certain, however, that this change in policy amounts to legislation, which is beyond the authority of an agency. Hopefully, the Supreme Court will shut it down as such.

Now, Congress did pass a law recently, that the ATF claims is the basis for the policy change, but it's still a huge stretch.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was voted on in 2022 when it stuck on another bill

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sure most havent read it and by the answers so far dont have clue whats in it like congress when the voted for it. You will not be able to do a ffl or atf transfer at a gunshow from one person to another. You must sell any gun want to get rid of to a ffl and he can choose who he wants to sell it to at his price. Buying guns will only be legal from a ffl.

I am posting this because most do not know

Last edited by srwshooter; 05/06/24.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Let's see the exact language in the legislation that says that.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ive been talking to lots of people here in virginia and believe me its in there. I did a gunshow this past weekend and some non ffl guys were told that after may 20 dont bring guns to put on there tables to sell.

We have had background check law in va. Sense 2020 and va. Is void after may 20

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congress ceded authority to write the Policy to ATF

Whether they can do that is already in the Courts.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
29 states have filed against the new rule so who knows what will happen

1 member likes this: Geno67
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you talking about this? Discussed here a lot actually if so.

The rule, which was finalized this week, makes clear that anyone who sells firearms predominantly to earn a profit must be federally licensed and conduct background checks, regardless of whether they are selling on the internet, at a gun show or at a brick-and-mortar store, Attorney General Merrick Garland told reporters.

Dealers have previously been required to join the federal system only if they derived their chief livelihood from selling weapons. The bar is much lower now -- the government has to prove only that they sold guns to "predominantly derive a profit" from their actions.

Now go ahead and prove it. Prove I did it predominantly to derive a profit after you define and prove my profit. Because unless you can ALSO prove what I paid for it - you can't prove profit and that burden is on the prosecution. The ATF would have to prove both Bob's buy AND sell price and the sale was motivated predominantly by profit - not, say paying the electric bill.

And all of that assumes ATF even survives SCOTUS after they get done determining that agencies can't create policy with the rule of law - that's for Congress to do.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gun shows were ruined by coins, roasted almonds, tactical axe handles, lamps, and that one guy with nothing but old assed books on how to overthrow the govt.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
2 members like this: Jackson_Handy, flatfish11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ive been talking to lots of people here in virginia and believe me its in there.

You need to talk to a smarter group of people.

The ATF rule is not 455 pages and Congress did not approve it in 2022 or any other year. Congress passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act in 2022 which required the ATF to clarify who needed and FFL and who did not.

The ATF wrote rule change in response and submitted that to the Attorney General. The AG signed that so it is schedule to become part of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations. You can read the new CFR here along with some background. To put an exclamation point on it the ATF extrajuducially executed that guy in Little Rock.

As upset as a lot of people here get over the Federal governmen few of you know how it actually does business.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Pretty sure most havent read it and by the answers so far dont have clue whats in it like congress when the voted for it. You will not be able to do a ffl or atf transfer at a gunshow from one person to another. You must sell any gun want to get rid of to a ffl and he can choose who he wants to sell it to at his price. Buying guns will only be legal from a ffl.

I am posting this because most do not know

Pretty sure you are mistaken. Actually really sure. Person to person sales within a state are legal under federal law. Your state may impose additional restrictions, but that is not a nation wide thing. It sounds like you've been talking to the wrong people.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just talking to the lawyers and promoters of gunshow, they should know

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's not even a law, it's just a Marxist waving a magic wand, and changing current rules to mean what they want them to mean. It will reach the SCOTUS.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You, me and Country... b' exempt...

I reckon.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 300_savage, 222ND, 46 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,531,011
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.