A
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by 1minute
And yet there are many here who would willingly throw the switch on those seated in an electric chair be they murderers, molesters, kidnappers, rapist, drug dealers, father stabbers, or whatever. Should we murder that person or let him/her live out his life as one of society's burdens. Is such murder or not?

Similarly, there have and may still be societies that haul the elderly or infirm to the edge of the village where hyenas, bear, wolves, or Mother Nature's vicissitudes eliminate them. Admittedly, such is/was most common where resources were scarce, and the community literally may not have the ability to support non-productive entities. Murder? Yes or no?

What if it's a child at the beginning of life as opposed to an infirm adult nearing the end? Will resource/income equalization save or eventually eliminate that community? Are we all willing to share such that each and every one lives out their days?

Sadly, I'm a bit selfish.
So you are comparing an adult pedo or murderer to an unborn, innocent child? I will clarify my stance on this as I have no problem doing so. If you do a crime severe enough to deserve the death penalty, you should die. Abortion as a form of birth control should be outlawed by every state in the union. While it is still a child being destroyed, I fell that incest, rape or the health of the mother should be the exceptions to the rule. I do NOT want the federal gov setting these laws. I would like to see the states set the laws that are needed to protect the innocent. Same with current laws for murder as an adult. I know this probably will never happen because this country is full of evil people, but I can still give my opnion on the subject, so can you or anyone else
Does the baby conceived during rape, deserve the same treatment as other babies? Who are you, or anyone else the one, to draw that line? Exceptions become the rule eventually, history has showed! Keep abortion out of politics........ It's not a political issue!

Why should we reward the rapist by forcing the mother and/or her husband to raise his child.

Why should we victimize the mother by making her stare into the face of her rapist every day?

If some violent low IQ ANTIFA thug rapes your wife/daughter are you going to raise that kid?
Using an extremely low % situation (Exception to the rule) to make an argument is a very flawed way to make an argument. Tell me what did the baby do to anyone? Do we strap a serial killer's children to the electric chair?

Answer the question.

Will you raise the kid or not?
Yep. Without question. I can separate my knee jerk emotions from right and wrong.

There's at least one member here who claims to have done exactly that....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
This place is full of anxiety riddled commies masquerading as conservatives.
Yes it is

1 member likes this: Jackson_Handy
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Because there comes a time where the people have to take a stand for whats right. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. We have to be a society or morals or we will look like what america currently does. I dont know many on our side who likes what america has become these days
Under the system we were given by the Founders, you are free to fight for your position to become law, but it's an area that was clearly left to each individual state to decide, not being found in the national Constitution. So when you fight for your position to become law, you must do so in your state first, and then in the remainder of states. Let that be your life mission, i.e., to outlaw it in every state.
Nowhere in the original constitution was abortion been made legal or illegal. The founders knew nothing of this murdering act. This falls on morals once again. What kind of society do we want? One that treats innocent life with ZERO respect? There is no protection to murder a baby in the constitution, which is exactly with R vs W was over turned and sent back to the states. Once that was done, then the question becomes, what kind of country do we want to live in? We need some morals. A godless society is one that WILL fail. History has proved that time and again
To deny the Founding Fathers had knowledge of abortion is ludicrous.

The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE. Many of the methods employed in early cultures were non-surgical. Physical activities such as strenuous labor, climbing, paddling, weightlifting, or diving were a common technique.
The practice of abortion was not so uncommon as to be unknown to scholars in the mid 1700s.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10297561/

This piece describes abortion practices in use from the 1600s to the 19th century among the inhabitants of North America. The abortive techniques of women from different ethnic and racial groups as found in historical literature are revealed. Thus, the point is made that abortion is not simply a "now issue" that effects select women. Instead, it is demonstrated that it is a widespread practice as solidly rooted in our past as it is in the present.

PIP: Abortion was frequently practiced in North America during the period from 1600 to 1900. Many tribal societies knew how to induce abortions. They used a variety of methods including the use of black root and cedar root as abortifacient agents. During the colonial period, the legality of abortion varied from colony to colony and reflected the attitude of the European country which controlled the specific colony. In the British colonies abortions were legal if they were performed prior to quickening. In the French colonies abortions were frequently performed despite the fact that they were considered to be illegal. In the Spanish and Portuguese colonies abortion was illegal. From 1776 until the mid-1800s abortion was viewed as socially unacceptable; however, abortions were not illegal in most states. During the 1860s a number of states passed anti-abortion laws. Most of these laws were ambiguous and difficult to enforce. After 1860 stronger anti-abortion laws were passed and these laws were more vigorously enforced. As a result, many women began to utilize illegal underground abortion services. Although abortion was legalized in 1970, many women are still forced to obtain illegal abortion or to perform self-abortions due to the economic constraints imposed by the Hyde Amendment and the unavailability of services in many areas. Throughout the colonial period and during the early years of the republic, the abortion situation for slave women was different than for other women. Slaves were subject to the rules of their owners, and the owners refused to allow their slaves to terminate pregnancies. The owners wanted their slaves to produce as many children as possible since these children belonged to the slave owners. This situation persisted until the end of the slavery era.

At the time the Constitution was written abortion was already outlawed in some states and not in others. It is quite reasonable to assume that the matter is purposefully ignored in COTUS for this very reason.

My personal opinion on this matter aligns with the old English law.

As for legal exceptions in specific circumstances of conception? Is murder not murder regardless the relationship between Mother and Father?

History shows it is a matter for the states vs Federal.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
And yet there are many here who would willingly throw the switch on those seated in an electric chair be they murderers, molesters, kidnappers, rapist, drug dealers, father stabbers, or whatever. Should we murder that person or let him/her live out his life as one of society's burdens. Is such murder or not?

Similarly, there have and may still be societies that haul the elderly or infirm to the edge of the village where hyenas, bear, wolves, or Mother Nature's vicissitudes eliminate them. Admittedly, such is/was most common where resources were scarce, and the community literally may not have the ability to support non-productive entities. Murder? Yes or no?

What if it's a child at the beginning of life as opposed to an infirm adult nearing the end? Will resource/income equalization save or eventually eliminate that community? Are we all willing to share such that each and every one lives out their days?

So you are comparing an adult pedo or murderer to an unborn, innocent child? I will clarify my stance on this as I have no problem doing so. If you do a crime severe enough to deserve the death penalty, you should die. Abortion as a form of birth control should be outlawed by every state in the union. While it is still a child being destroyed, I fell that incest, rape or the health of the mother should be the exceptions to the rule. I do NOT want the federal gov setting these laws. I would like to see the states set the laws that are needed to protect the innocent. Same with current laws for murder as an adult. I know this probably will never happen because this country is full of evil people, but I can still give my opnion on the subject, so can you or anyone else
Does the baby conceived during rape, deserve the same treatment as other babies? Who are you, or anyone else the one, to draw that line? Exceptions become the rule eventually, history has showed! Keep abortion out of politics........ It's not a political issue!

Why should we reward the rapist by forcing the mother and/or her husband to raise his child.

Why should we victimize the mother by making her stare into the face of her rapist every day?

If some violent low IQ ANTIFA thug rapes your wife/daughter are you going to raise that kid?

It is extremely hypocritical to claim it is okay to commit murder in cases where not doing so would make the mother "uncomfortable".

Does not the sin of murder outweigh any concerns of comfort?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
There are piles more white babies aborted than black babies.

Just who are we so happy to be getting rid of?
I have to look for data to back that up but I don't doubt it. I mean the government pretty much pays the black society to have children....

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think democrats should be able to have abortions until their kids are 18 or maybe 21.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blacks account for 12% of the population and 40% of women who get abortions in the U.S. are black. Blacks are 3.6 times more likely to get an abortion.

That's just the facts.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Blacks account for 12% of the population and 40% of women who get abortions in the U.S. are black. Blacks are 3.6 times more likely to get an abortion.

That's just the facts.

That's also why beginning 15 years after Roe crime rates began a huge drop.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

It is extremely hypocritical to claim it is okay to commit murder in cases where not doing so would make the mother "uncomfortable".

Whether we like it or not, “murder” is a legal definition. Homicide is not. If it’s not legally “murder”, it’s homicide. Just like self defense shootings. Homicide can be justifiable based on the circumstances.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a stand that both parties should have absolutely ignored…..

This.

The abortion issue is a no win for the R’s.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

That's just the facts.

So somehow killing a million white babies so you can kill 50,000 black babies is a win?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's just the facts.

Well we could just kill them all on sight after they were born too and crime rates would drop, but that wouldn’t make that legal, Constitutional, or moral either. What’s your point?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Not true. It's 5:1 the other way.

If, as they say, 73 million babies have been aborted, how would you like to live in a country with 58 million more teenage criminals or welfare bums who weren't wanted by their parents?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood because she was into eugenics and was a bigot. She hated blacks. They tried for many years to get it legalized by the Supreme Court and failed until that special court came along and found that”penumbra “ excuse. It is not in the constitution nor is it even ethical but it has become the sacrament of the Marxist Democrat party.

1 member likes this: Jackson_Handy
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
States rights issue.
But if you are claiming to be a true Christian and are pro abortion, we aren't following the same God or Bible. Abortion is evil. At what point did it become our right as lowly humans to decide who lives and dies at birth?

A person can't going along with it being a states rights issue if they think abortion is murder. That person can't square that it's okay to murder in some states, but not in others.

I agree with the others who think this issue is poison for the republicans. It took them 50 years to overturn Roe, and now they will live with the consequences. It motivates voters like few other things.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

That's just the facts.

This point was a prominent chapter in the bestselling book "Freakonomics". Crime rate dropped like a stone as a result.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Whether we like it or not, “murder” is a legal definition. Homicide is not. If it’s not legally “murder”, it’s homicide. Just like self defense shootings. Homicide can be justifiable based on the circumstances.
It is not I who defines abortion as murder, it is the same who would write in exceptions where abortion is allowable.

I would define murder as unjustified killing of a sentient being. To determine abortion as murder, we would have to determine at what point an embryo gains sentience.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Using an extremely low % situation (Exception to the rule) to make an argument is a very flawed way to make an argument. Tell me what did the baby do to anyone? Do we strap a serial killer's children to the electric chair?

Answer the question.

Will you raise the kid or not?

And in feudal Japan, they wouldn't just execute the kids, they'd execute the whole family. Depending on the crime they world start at either at the "dishonored" father or grandfarther and execute all the descendants.
This ain't Japan.
And just plays devils advocate, trying to suck an answer! I would have to raise it if your talking to me. I don't believe in killing babies!! No exceptions!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Not true. It's 5:1 the other way.

If, as they say, 73 million babies have been aborted, how would you like to live in a country with 58 million more teenage criminals or welfare bums who weren't wanted by their parents?

Percentages of total population.

You pioneered the system of welfare rats. Why don't you tell us?

You live in sick fùck fantasy land.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would define murder as unjustified killing of a sentient being. To determine abortion as murder, we would have to determine at what point an embryo gains sentience.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-does-consciousness-arise/

The Road to Awareness
But when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,523
Posts18,530,707
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.