Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would define murder as unjustified killing of a sentient being. To determine abortion as murder, we would have to determine at what point an embryo gains sentience.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-does-consciousness-arise/

The Road to Awareness
But when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation.

And quickening begins in weeks 16 to 25.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Like I said earlier, I hold with the old English Law.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
It doesn't matter what a political party believes in, if they can't win an election.

Just like the Dems don't really campaign on gun control, but still practice it......there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Well said.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Blacks account for 12% of the population and 40% of women who get abortions in the U.S. are black. Blacks are 3.6 times more likely to get an abortion.

That's just the facts.

And that's why we need to just shut up about it. They are gonna do what they want anyway. Why lose election after election standing on an arguement that will never be won.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 05/08/24.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
1 member likes this: Big_Al
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10at6
It doesn't matter what a political party believes in, if they can't win an election.

Just like the Dems don't really campaign on gun control, but still practice it......there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Well said.

On the flip side it doesn’t matter which party wins if they don’t support the right policies.

See gun grabbing establishment republicans.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Well said.

On the flip side it doesn’t matter which party wins if they don’t support the right policies.

You would have to be a really bad Republican to come anywhere near a democrat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Well said.

You would have to be a really bad Republican to come anywhere near a democrat.

There’s lots of them.

They’re typically just a few years behind the democrats. Bill Clinton was a leftist President at the time but was more “republican” than most republicans in office today. JFK was more conservative than most republican office holders today by a long shot.

Edit

Unintended pun.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 05/08/24.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
It’s impossible to legislate morality

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KirkJ

Rush used to say that. I liked listening to Rush but he eventually stopped saying it.

I think that he realized the left normalizes and defines morality through legislation and media all of the time.

Look at our society and what most of it believes and excepts at true.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damned thing I ever heard.

Thank God we killed all them babies cause some of them might have been mischievous.

Heck...some of them may not have had two loving parents that were so loving that they would have just as soon seen them flushed than seen them alive.

Right?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WarAdmiral
Originally Posted by RUM7
States rights issue.
But if you are claiming to be a true Christian and are pro abortion, we aren't following the same God or Bible. Abortion is evil. At what point did it become our right as lowly humans to decide who lives and dies at birth?

A person can't going along with it being a states rights issue if they think abortion is murder. That person can't square that it's okay to murder in some states, but not in others.

I agree with the others who think this issue is poison for the republicans. It took them 50 years to overturn Roe, and now they will live with the consequences. It motivates voters like few other things.
I can absolutely believe that abortion is murder and also recognize that it is a state issue that conservatives do not need to legislate at a Federal level. I do not see how one belief negates the other.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Damned thing I ever heard.

Thank God we killed all them babies cause some of them might have been mischievous.

Heck...some of them may not have had two loving parents that were so loving that they would have just as soon seen them flushed than seen them alive.

Right?
#boomerlogic

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Abortion is the leading cause of death, beating war, heart disease, cancer and drug overdose.

All you commies who are pro-choice should be happy to know our perverted society had increased abortions nationwide since Roe was over-turned.

Revel in that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Absolutely true! I believe abortion is a morale issue and government has no constitutional authority to be involved in morale issues per the First Amendment. The penalty for immorality is not immediate but it is permanent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 45_100

Absolutely true! I believe abortion is a morale issue and government has no constitutional authority to be involved in morale issues per the First Amendment. The penalty for immorality is not immediate but it is permanent.

You sound like a libertarian. It’s a nice idea but it has never worked in reality. Our Founders absolutely made moral decisions in terms of what they believed was best for society. From “gay rights” to abortion. Some of it was explicit and some implicit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the founding fathers said something to the effect of our constitution is for a moral people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. That is true and there is no doubt morality plays an important role in society.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 45_100

So we shouldn’t have laws against murder? After all, it’s just a moral issue.

Theft? Moral issue; abolish laws.

Isn’t everything pertaining to law is a moral issue? A collective expression of the values of a society yes, but moral for certain.

Does anyone REALLY believe that we can’t legislate morality? Seriously?

Yall don’t think that we had less marijuana use when it was illegal?

Law is an expression of the values of a society. If you’re willing to shrug off murder of innocent and defenseless babies I question where exactly you think govt’s legitimate role in society really is??

This all seems completely and utterly insane to me. So many self professing conservatives won’t even stand for the right of people who are alive to stay alive because there are people out there who think it’s their right to kill them by defining them as something g other than alive.

Absolutely insane.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would define murder as unjustified killing of a sentient being. To determine abortion as murder, we would have to determine at what point an embryo gains sentience.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-does-consciousness-arise/

The Road to Awareness
But when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation.

Scientists can’t even define life how can you hold them up as able to define consciousness?

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I had heard that Ga had an increase in abortions last year after RvW, but it did drop in the black community. I hadn't fact checked it but was just listening to Patriot radio and it was mentioned that nationally in 2023 we had more abortions than any year since 2012. I thought to myself when overturned, this may actually increase abortions if put back at the state level. It appears it has, why are libs so up in arms? Wouldn't they like these numbers?

Last edited by killerv; 05/09/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am pro-life, do not sanction abortions, but do believe there should be exceptions made in the cases of rape, incest, and the endangerment of the life of the mother. But, more importantly, I believe it is one of those things in which the punishment should be left up to God, and make no mistake about it, He will be the one that has the final word in the matter. Abortion is one of those things that both sides of the political aisle want to use as a means to appease their supporters. Democrats want to be able to tell their liberal women voters that they believe in a womans right to choose, whereby Republicans use it to drum up support among the conservative Christians.

I cannot speak for the liberals and where they place abortion on their list, but I honestly believe most of the Conservatives I know are much more concerned with such things as the open bordes, the war on guns, energy overregulation, the economy, the LGBQT crap, and the erosion of our basic rights. Those are the things I want to see a politician stand up for. If a politician tells me that he is anti-abortion first and nothing else is as important, I'll not vote for them unless there is no other option.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 3,495 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,486
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.