Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It would be great if the Shush Act was passed.

My new favorite FFL dealer said he had a suppressor form get approved in 28 hours about a week ago.

I would like to get a suppressor for my rifle.

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by VaHunter
The National Concealed Carry bill under Trumps presidency was held in the Judiciary Committee by Bob Goodlatte at the direction of Paul Ryan.

Like you said, it will not get out of committee because members do not want to go on record supporting or rejecting the bill and then having to return home and answer for that vote.

Why would they have to answer for a pro 2A vote after they ran for office claiming to be pro 2A?

Goodlatte is my district. I voted for him. Twice at least. Maybe 3 times.

I can't identify one single thing he's actually done or accomplished that's worth one single schitt.

He has a fetish for really meddling in local elections too. Now that he has a Republican challenger, I'll be curious to see how that ends up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It won't happen til enough of those old bastards die.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by hardway
It’s all bullchit…. I’m tired of trying to pass this law or repeal that one just to reclaim a constitutional right. We need mass civil disobedience….. we wait like sheep for years for these cases to work their way through the courts just to get some small crumb of liberty.

Ummm . . .

Americans have bought 1,000,000 guns each month for 57 straight months. (Technically FBI/NICS background checks).

It’s harder to be much more pro gun than that.

The US is approaching 500,000,000 guns in private hands. Again, it’s a very pro-gun.

We are simply fighting tyranny of certain majorities in certain states.

It’s a big, important battle, no doubt.

But very far from the time to encamp at Columbia U.

I’m a strict constitutionalist….. we fugged ourselves the FIRST time they enacted legislation other than how it was written. Our rights are god given so when we want or negotiate for anything less it belittles the whole thing. I’m not interested in compromising anymore.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
The National Concealed Carry bill under Trumps presidency was held in the Judiciary Committee by Bob Goodlatte at the direction of Paul Ryan.

Like you said, it will not get out of committee because members do not want to go on record supporting or rejecting the bill and then having to return home and answer for that vote.

Why would they have to answer for a pro 2A vote after they ran for office claiming to be pro 2A?

I can't identify one single thing he's actually done or accomplished that's worth one single schitt.
w

He has a fetish for really meddling in local elections too. Now that he has a Republican challenger, I'll be curious to see how that ends up.

Goodlatte has not been a congressman since 2018. He was one of the republicans that retired when he saw the writing on the wall that the house was going to be lost to the Democrats and he was going to lose his committee chair and did not want to be in the minority. His right hand man, Ben Cline, ran for his district and won and is now the congressman for that district.

Goodlatte and Cline were my congressmen before the latest redistricting.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by hardway
It’s all bullchit…. I’m tired of trying to pass this law or repeal that one just to reclaim a constitutional right. We need mass civil disobedience….. we wait like sheep for years for these cases to work their way through the courts just to get some small crumb of liberty.

Ummm . . .

Americans have bought 1,000,000 guns each month for 57 straight months. (Technically FBI/NICS background checks).

It’s harder to be much more pro gun than that.

The US is approaching 500,000,000 guns in private hands. Again, it’s a very pro-gun.

We are simply fighting tyranny of certain majorities in certain states.

It’s a big, important battle, no doubt.

But very far from the time to encamp at Columbia U.

The fact the background checks happen and are tallied and reported out isn't pro-gun at all. They don't just count them but retain the data therein.

Read this VERY carefully and understand.

Me

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

w

Goodlatte has not been a congressman since 2018. He was one of the republicans that retired when he saw the writing on the wall that the house was going to be lost to the Democrats and he was going to lose his committee chair and did not want to be in the minority. His right hand man, Ben Cline, ran for his district and won and is now the congressman for that district.

He's been the 5th district rep since 2021, and to date, he still sucks. Curious to see if McGuire is better.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If anyone actually thinks that silencers will ever be removed from the nfa, they are truly delusional.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V

w

He's been the 5th district rep since 2021, and to date, he still sucks. Curious to see if McGuire is better.

Nope, the 5th district is Bob Good. I am talking about Bob Goodlatte, who was the 6th district rep. for many years and was the judicary committee chair during his last term, different people.

Last edited by VaHunter; 05/10/24.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

w

Nope, the 5th district is Bob Good. I am talking about Bob Goodlatte, who was the 6th district rep. for many years and was the judicary committee chair during his last term, different people.

Oohhhhhhh.....my bad. You are right!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMO, it defies logic that something considered just another accessory in the UK, isn't treated the same in the USA. I may be wrong, but I've long thought/heard they were highly encouraged if not mandatory in many places across the pond. That it was considered polite to own one so as not to disturb neighbors when target shooting. As a resident of Illinois, something like this is my only hope of ever owning one.

Before the reign of J. B. the Hutt, a local rep attempted to legalize them. Even went to the trouble of organizing a demonstration at the ISP academy range just south of the Capital. The bill died in committee. Maybe someday. I never thought we'd get CCL in Illinois.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The nfa was originally written to include all handguns. Truly the era of the Fudd.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 1234, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 160user, 49 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,660
Posts18,534,007
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.