Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if anyone else has had a chance to watch this movie in the Theatres, but I gotta admit it was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a While. Hollywood has learned "going woke" isn't doing the box office at movies any favors, so evidently they have dropped that plan, and have gone back to making the type of movies people really enjoy. Or at least the ones that spend money at the box office and at the snack counter.

based on a WW2 story that its partially true, it also contains Hollywood embellishments that add to story's enjoyment, even tho the scenes are over the top and aren't overly politically correct.

Its about a secret dept within the British Government that Ian Fleming worked in during WW2 and gave him much of his themes for his James Bond movies. A minor character within the movie plays " Ian Fleming".

Its definitely a guy's movie for anyone who wants to see it. I enjoyed it enough to go back and see it again on $5.00 Tuesday at our local theatre in town. Enjoyed it as much the second time around also.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks. I'll catch it when it's streaming.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I took my family to see it , first movie I have seen in a theater in well over a year.

A Guy Ritchie WWII movie? I'm there

Wife and Daughter loved it too

we went to a movie theater that served food - my choice but if anyone is wondering

tickets for 4 on a discount Tuesday $39 with service fee
Large Popcorn $9
Dinner for 4 ( 2 Chicken Sandwiches, Nachos and a Cobb Salad ) $64

Drinks were $7 for a large, so we all brought bottled water

Last edited by KFWA; 05/10/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife and i saw it... very entertaining... interesting part of history... I am intrigued as to how much of it was real... especially the part of the English top staff wanting to surrender and then trying to stop the mission and kick out churchhill...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako
My wife and i saw it... very entertaining... interesting part of history... I am intrigued as to how much of it was real... especially the part of the English top staff wanting to surrender and then trying to stop the mission and kick out churchhill...

90% fake as usual.

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare is a 2024 spy action comedy film directed, co-written and co-produced by Guy Ritchie, and starring Henry Cavill, Eiza González, Alan Ritchson, Henry Golding and Alex Pettyfer. Based on the 2014 book Churchill's Secret Warriors: The Explosive True Story of the Special Forces Desperadoes of WWII by Damien Lewis, the film portrays a heavily fictionalised version of Operation Postmaster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Postmaster

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"Gentlemen do not read the mail of other gentlemen." Stated by a high level officer regarding his objection to establishing an intelligence or "spy" service. (I've forgotten the source.)

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 74 invisible), 3,530 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,634
Posts18,533,297
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.