Print Thread
Hop To
#19443796 05/10/24
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Dropped off a stock today to ship at the UPS Hub. Paid and left. Half hour later get a phone call to come back and pick my package back up because they are refusing shipment because it is a gun part. I explained it is not a firearm, just a plastic stock. He said, “I don’t care if it’s a screw that goes on a firearm, UPS won’t ship it unless you have a FFL printed pre-paid label.
I turned around and got there and my package was cut open. I ask why it was cut open and the supervisor said to verify that it was a firearm part. I asked if they cut open every package to verify that it isn’t a firearm part, he answered that the shipping address had “Rifle” in the name so it must be verified.
Moral of the story is UPS is now on my do not fly list.

Buy once, cry once.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rant about what. You didnt hear about updated policy 3 years ago? Surprised they didnt just confiscate and destroy.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...ted-items/prohibited-items/firearms.page

Definitions:

“Firearm” will have the same definition as set forth in Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53, of the United States Code.

“Firearm Part” is any part or component of a Firearm that does not by itself meet the definition of a “Firearm.” By way of example only, Firearm Parts include, but are not limited to, barrels, stocks, grips, firing pins, sights, and magazines/clips.

“Firearm Products” means Firearms and Firearm Parts. The term Firearm Product does not include scopes.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gotta realize corporate America is infested with these anti-gun rats. Any more, I just take whatever I'm shipping to one of my FFL's that gives me the best deal on shipping. Just not worth the trial and error headache anymore. Gladly pay them to be one and done.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Also if the shop’s name has words like ‘guns’ or ‘shooting’ or ‘rifle’ etc. in it, you may have to address it to a person/owner at the shop, or leave those words out of the address.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
I think you meant camera stock.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

IC B2

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Rant about what. You didnt hear about updated policy 3 years ago? Surprised they didnt just confiscate and destroy.

Definitions:

“Firearm” will have the same definition as set forth in Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53, of the United States Code.

“Firearm Part” is any part or component of a Firearm that does not by itself meet the definition of a “Firearm.” By way of example only, Firearm Parts include, but are not limited to, barrels, stocks, grips, firing pins, sights, and magazines/clips.

“Firearm Products” means Firearms and Firearm Parts. The term Firearm Product does not include scopes.

And yet I can order a stock from Amazon and they sure as [bleep] don't have an FFL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About 15 years ago I placed an order of bullets from Powder Valley, and for some reason it wound up at a 'UPS Store', I think it was because it needed a signature, and I requested it held so I could pick it up after work. I tracked it down and they said that I was lucky that I got there before they returned the package to the sender. So I asked, "Why would you return the package?"... "We don't deal with firearms", it was a smaller box maybe 14x14x14 or so, but it was heavy.... probably 25lbs. I asked, "Why do you think it's a firearm?" "We looked up the shipper." I said, "Yeah, they don't sell firearms, it's bullets." "Same thing, we don't allow firearms or firearm products in our store." I laughed, shook my head... grabbed the package and left.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The UPS CEO and his Board of Directors make the policy for UPS shipments. The employees just carry them out, They want to keep their jobs. Blame the CEO & BoD of UPS.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerhunter78

Definitions:

And yet I can order a stock from Amazon and they sure as [bleep] don't have an FFL.

Damn man you just dont get it. It was meant to punish individuals not corporations that have an established account. 🙄

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Definitions:

Did your address/name on the package from Amazon have the words "Rifle" in it or was it just addressed to you?

The reason the OP got smacked is because the guy saw the address and dug into it.

Also - UPS gets almost 12% of their revenue from Amazon. UPS isn't seeing that over the counter, Amazon's dropping trailers into the DCs - no one at UPS is checking the products/ delivery addresses as a gatekeeper. The boxes are added to the middle mile immediately and processed.

UPS isn't about to poke Amazon in the eye over it either, given that the ~12% is the lowest amount at UPS in years. Amazon's going away from them.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Teal

Definitions:

Did your address/name on the package from Amazon have the words "Rifle" in it or was it just addressed to you?

The reason the OP got smacked is because the guy saw the address and dug into it.

Also - UPS gets almost 12% of their revenue from Amazon. UPS isn't seeing that over the counter, Amazon's dropping trailers into the DCs - no one at UPS is checking the products/ delivery addresses as a gatekeeper. The boxes are added to the middle mile immediately and processed.

UPS isn't about to poke Amazon in the eye over it either, given that the ~12% is the lowest amount at UPS in years. Amazon's going away from them.

Uh, yeah, I know.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
UPS wants out of the COMPLIANCE issues.

They will gladly take your money if every state, county, and city did not have its own rules

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,947
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.