Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
So a while ago in one of these forums I seen a post for a person that was looking to market/broker/sell guns, I am looking to thin the herd to make room for some projects (not all savage 99's LOL) and with all the rules these days on where and what I can ship i was looking for some expertise in selling a few, with my move form MN to SE Texas ( near Corpus Christi) logistically I cannot use my previous go to guy. Shipping these days knocks the profit off the guns, so if anyone knows of a someone in a decent driving distance of Corpus Christi I am looking. If they were all Savage 99 PE's I have that guy but they are not LOL. Thanks in advance for any referrals.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You might be thinking of a member named texasaggie09. I have seen him post that he wishes to buy firearm collections. Looking him up, he states that he lives in College Station, TX.

I have a single experience with him - positive. I purchased a B&L Elite scope from him through eBay. The item was well described; if anything, it was in better condition than described. I was mightily impressed by how well packed the item was for shipping. The item was reasonably priced.

I checked the box the scope came in. His first name is Caleb and the return address was College Station.

On eBay, he sells under the userid texasaggie09; 100% score with more than 3,000 transactions.

Welcome to Texas!

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thank You that sounds familiar, I am going to post a few of the guns on here that I have a "known" value for, I also have sold a thousand plus items on ebay and have online commerce going, it seems to me in the current economy the ability to take credit cards is important for certain buyers especially in an auction type environment, I can take cards for purchases but that get to a sticky wicket with the "gun dealer" situation, rather pay someone to sell a few of the ones that need to be sold to the open market. Appreciate the lead.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Still looking of anyone comes to mind, thanks.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
There is a gun shop near San Antonio that does a lot of Savage business. Went there a few times when I lived in TX.

https://durysguns.com/

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Another thought; if you are willing to sell these yourself, you might try Texas Hunting Forum and state that you will do only face-to-face transactions. I see this quite a bit. I have made a few ammo and reloading purchases and all experiences have been positive

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/38/1/firearms-sales-trades-and-gunsmithing

But I strongly suggest that you stay away from Texas Gun Trader. I have found several scam listings on that sight - people copying listings from Gunbroker, Guns International, etc and posting the listing as their own. There appears to be no self-policing to catch or block these counterfeit listings.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks I will take a look.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 14,282 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,296
Posts18,545,319
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.