Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Originally Posted by rrroae
No, most of that is true.

Is it taking Jewish teachings out of context?

It's hard for me to believe they literally mean everything that's said in their book.

For instance:

Jews May Rob and Kill Non-Jews

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Jews May Lie to Non-Jews

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Non-Jewish Children are Sub-Human

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows.

Insults Against Blessed Mary

Sanhedrin 106a . Says Jesus' mother was a whore:

I don't know that if it is taking anything out of context. In this case, it is merely calling attention to some of the more hateful thinks preached by rabbis throughout the centuries in an attempt to paint all modern Jews with a broad brush.

I read people on this board practically every single day who do the same thing with the Koran and Muslims. Others have done it with Christians or whatever group you wish to choose.
Really? Please cite something from the Christian New Testament that constitutes race based hatred.

There is nothing in the New Testament, but there have been plenty of so-called Christian leaders who have preached all sorts of blasphemous and evil doctrines related to race.

The Talmud is not official scripture on a level with the Jewish Bible. It is more like a compilation of commentaries from several centuries of Rabbis.

Likewise, it is often the screeds of radical immans that draw the most ire from those today who seek to make all Muslims into nothing more than mindless killers.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am stunned. Is Ron Paul, or at least his vocal supporters, just another group of Neo Nazis? Jew haters? Exposers of Zionist conspiracies?
Reading just part of that fruitcake's post made my gag reflex kick in.
I can see why Hamas and Hezbollah are supporting RP's candidacy.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the author of that article a Sephardic Jew? Seems to me that it was a manifestation of Sephardic Jewish resentment towards Ashkenazi Jews, more than an antisemitic piece. In any event, I don't believe Ron Paul was the one who posted it. I think anyone can post there.

PS I used to attend church with a couple who were both Sephardic Jews, converted to Christianity. They didn't like the Ashkenazi at all, and were constantly spewing this kind of stuff to anyone who'd listen. They bent my ear with it all the time. If you saw them coming, you had to look for the door fast. That was all they talked about.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Everyone here on the planet has the responsibility of thinking for themselves, as opposed to blindly following some lunatic Imam, or other lunatic leader inciting them to do murder.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by DMB
Everyone here on the planet has the responsibility of thinking for themselves, as opposed to blindly following some lunatic Imam, or other lunatic leader inciting them to do murder.

Most Muslims don't blindly follow a lunatic imam any more than most Christians follow those idiots up in Kansas who show up at funerals with "God hates [bleep]" signs.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DMB

Most Muslims don't blindly follow a lunatic imam any more than most Christians follow those idiots up in Kansas who show up at funerals with "God hates [bleep]" signs.

That's my point, exactly!!!!!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here is a thought regarding anti-semitism:
Remember that Mary and Joseph were Jews, Jesus was jewish, all the writers of our New Testament were Jews. The first followers of Jesus had to be convinced by God that any non-jews could even become a Christian (Acts 10)! Paul (a jewish rabbi) reminded us not to become proud because us non-jews are "grafted in" to God's "tree" of His chosen people but that the roots and trunk are jewish (Romans 11).

IMO, to many Christians have forgotten our jewish roots and that Christianity, at it's basics, is a form of Judiasm.

Some will say, "but the Jews killed Jesus". No, the Romans killed Jesus as permitted by Pilate and encouraged by His own people. We are all guilty by association.

Wayne.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Judeo-Communist Victory in 1945? You GOTTA BE S4ITTING ME.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by WayneDW
We are all guilty by association.

How ya figure?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, most of that is true.

Is it taking Jewish teachings out of context?

It's hard for me to believe they literally mean everything that's said in their book.

It's true, but it's twisted.

Yes, they're taken out of context, but the context they're taken out of is not so much the surrounding text, but the context of rabbinic Judaism.

Too many Christians (and actually, too many ignorant Jews as well) think of Judaism as "Christianity without Jesus." It's not. It's very different from Christianity--in some good ways and some bad ways.

One thing that's much more common in Christianity than it is in Judaism is Official Doctrine: a list of stuff you have to subscribe to if you're going to call yourself a member of a particular subgroup. Just about the only universal Official Doctrine of Judaism I can think of is the Shema, found in Deuteronomy 6:4. "Shema Yisrael, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai echad." "Hear, Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one."

Everything else, Jews argue about.

And that's what the Talmud is. It is not not not a Holy Book of Received Divine Revelation that is to be blindly read and followed. Instead, it's a mind-bending compendium of arguments that the rabbis and sages of Israel have had with each other over the millennia. Instead of saying, "Here is how everyone should act," it says, "Rabbi So-And-So said such-and-such. However, that can't be true because of the following argument. This argument, seen in the light of the Rambam's elucidation of the reason why Hagar brought the water to Ishmael rather than bringing Ishmael to the water, shows that a more proper interpretation is as follows:" and so on. And right next to this will be some other sage's argument that this guy is completely off base.

In our Pesach Haggadah there's a discussion chronicled between a couple of rabbis over the great difference in meaning between "the days of your life" and "all the days of your life."

The whole frickin' thing is like that--and there are two main Talmuds (the Babylonian Talmud and the Jerusalem Talmud), both of which are many volumes long.

The objective is not to set down a list of clear instructions about how one should live one's life: that's the job of the 613 commandments in the Torah. The Talmud is about forming a complete philosophy of life by considering the implications of everything everybody's considered before you, no matter how outlandish. It's why Talmudic scholars have long white beards: it's impossible to really even scratch the surface of what's contained in the Talmud without devoting your life to it.

And here are a couple of anti-Jewish guys with a raw-text version of the Talmud and a string-search program, capitalizing on the widespread mistaken impression among Christians that "the Talmud is the Jewish Bible" and cherry-picking only the most offensive stuff they can find.

It's somewhat, but not completely, like the anti-Christian folks who point out the story of Lot and his drunken incestuous impregnation of his own daughters, and then claim that the Bible condones (or even mandates) drunkenness and incest.

Short answer: complete balderdash.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by WayneDW
Here is a thought regarding anti-semitism:
Remember that Mary and Joseph were Jews, Jesus was jewish, all the writers of our New Testament were Jews. The first followers of Jesus had to be convinced by God that any non-jews could even become a Christian (Acts 10)! Paul (a jewish rabbi) reminded us not to become proud because us non-jews are "grafted in" to God's "tree" of His chosen people but that the roots and trunk are jewish (Romans 11).

IMO, to many Christians have forgotten our jewish roots and that Christianity, at it's basics, is a form of Judiasm.

Here's another thought.

If you accept that Christ was the Messiah,... then Christianity is the only proper path of Judiasm.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So Germany hated the Jews because the Jews in the United States cut a deal with the Britts to influence America into the war, which then crushed Germany.

I had never heard that theory before regarding the Balfour Agreement, was there Nazi propaganda during the thirties that put forth the same theory, or is this a relatively new theory?

I'm not taking your bait.

Did that really smell like bait? I have no idea who Benjamin H. Freedman is, his theories are those I have never heard before. I have really never understood the Nazi hatred for the Jews, I was just wondering if these theories (regarding America's entrance to the war) were some that were prevelant in 1930's Germany.

Don't read more than that into the question, I assure you that is the extent of my curiosity.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I didn't understand that "bait" comment either, Tod. Your question seemed valid to me. I'm curious myself. I'd never heard any of this stuff before either. As a student of history, I find it an interesting take. I wonder if any of it is true.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found this interesting:

The theory that the majority of Ashkenazic Jews are the descendants of the non-Semitic converted Khazars was advocated by various Revisionist History and otherwise Antisemitic circles towards the end of the 20th century, especially following the publication of Arthur Koestler's The Thirteenth Tribe. Since Ashkenazi Jews make up the majority of world Jewry, such speculation is often held in conjunction with the belief that modern-day Jews are not the true descendants of the Ancient Israelites, and that contemporary Jewry has no rightful claim to the land of the State of Israel. This thesis is usually advanced in the context of the political conflict between Israel and Palestinians to promote Muslim claims to Israeli territory. Despite recent contrary genetic evidence[10] , and a lack of any real mainstream scholarly support, this belief is still popular among groups such as the Christian Identity Movement, Black Hebrews, British Israelitists and others who claim that they are the descendants of Israel instead of the Jews and seek to downplay the connection between the Jewish people and their Israelite ancestors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't read more than that into the question, I assure you that is the extent of my curiosity.

lol

Gotta be careful around here lately. Waters full of sharks.

Barak, appreciate your explanation. Figured the writer was taking things out of context. Still, would like to know if the majority of the Jewish faith disavow these writings.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

lol

Gotta be careful around here lately. Waters full of sharks.

Here and everywhere else that Jews are mentioned.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So Germany hated the Jews because the Jews in the United States cut a deal with the Britts to influence America into the war, which then crushed Germany.

I had never heard that theory before regarding the Balfour Agreement, was there Nazi propaganda during the thirties that put forth the same theory, or is this a relatively new theory?

Nazi propaganda painted American support of Britain as a product of the "Jew" Roosevelt and his cadre of Jewish advisers....and Geobbels and the Nazi press made that a major theme....here's a link to Jeff Hart's book ....scroll forward from page 84...this is all old stuff:

http://books.google.com/books?id=T3EZ50uDlSoC&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=roosevelt's+jewish+advisers&source=web&ots=roppqgpnUN&sig=DmlhtAwm82pV3YNTqydVB8CrnRM#PPA83,M1

I'm not taking your bait.

Did that really smell like bait? I have no idea who Benjamin H. Freedman is, his theories are those I have never heard before. I have really never understood the Nazi hatred for the Jews, I was just wondering if these theories (regarding America's entrance to the war) were some that were prevelant in 1930's Germany.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barak, appreciate your explanation. Figured the writer was taking things out of context. Still, would like to know if the majority of the Jewish faith disavow these writings.

It depends on what you mean.

Do you mean, do most Jewish people think it's okay to steal as long as it's from Gentiles? Of course not: that's ridiculous.

Do you mean, do most Jewish people claim the authors of the Talmud as Jewish even though some of them were crackbrained idiots? Sure. Every group has its crackbrained idiots, and if you want to avoid crackbrainedness yourself, one of the best ways is to keep track of past crackbrains and the arguments that were made against them.

Please try to understand: the Talmud is not a list of instructions. It's a (massive) compendium of arguments. Nobody who knows what he's talking about is ever going to try to characterize it as the word of God. The Torah is the word of God. The Talmud is the word of man, arguing about the word of God--and about a bunch of other things as well.

Edit: I have it!

Suppose somebody asked you if you liked to hike and camp, and you said yes. Then he tried to characterize you as agreeing with everything that's ever been posted here on the Campfire.

Of course you can't do that, even if you want to, because at times folks here on the Campfire fight like cats and dogs over stuff (not like Jews, though: that truly has to be seen to be believed). So you try to explain.

But he looks unconvinced, and asks you if you then disavow what's posted on the Campfire.

You get uncomfortable, and try to respond: not all of it, you say, but some of it, yes.

Aha! he exults. So you're a cafeteria camper: you pick and choose what you want to believe!

Of course, you say. Everybody does. It's not as though what's posted at the Campfire is Holy Writ.

So those parts you disagree with, he says, the people who posted those are only pretending to like hiking and camping, then? Actually, they don't really belong at the Campfire at all?

Huh? you blurt, confused. Of course they like hiking and camping: they just disagree with me, that's all.

He lets out a squeal of glee, whirls around, and goes dancing off joyfully proclaiming the disunity of the Campfire community as an argument for the wrongheadedness of hiking, camping, shooting, etc.

If this happened to you, you'd feel much the way a Jewish person feels when confronted by an ignorant Christian armed with prooftext quotes from the Talmud.

Last edited by Barak; 01/20/08. Reason: Added a section

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ebd10
With Phred tanking in a major way, I guess you have plenty of time to chase this stuff down, eh Steve?

Why do you think I'm lobbying to get him a job on RP's campaign?...it'll help keep him occupied........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
How about this? Isn't this stuff awful?

Recommending torturing people to death because they took a bath more often than once per month, and must be influenced by devils.

Bragging about farting at the devil to drive him away.

Burning Christians at the stake because they thought the world was round.

The supreme religious leader leading troops into battle and having a sexual affair with his daughter.

Driving thousands of unarmed Christian children into battle against armed Moslem soldiers, to be slaughtered and enslaved.

Killing the faithful unless they convert to an alien religion.

Who did all that....Well, I'll give you a hint. The Christians did all that. And those things have no more relationship to the beliefs and actions of modern Christians than the anti-Semitic screeds quoted here have to do with modern Jews.

At least I hope that no one posting here still wants to burn people at the stake.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak

If this happened to you, you'd feel much the way a Jewish person feels when confronted by an ignorant Christian armed with prooftext quotes from the Talmud.

Good point.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 22kHornet, 222ND, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,543
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.