Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
HUNTS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
At its December meeting, the Commission(Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks) passed a draft resolution to expedite the removal of Northern Montana grizzlies from the endangered species list. The resolution would apply to the Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem (NCDE), and Cabinet Yaak ecosystem (CYE). The resolution was initiated by Commissioner Vic Workman.

The resolution requests that by December 31st 2008, the USFWS complete a five year status review of all grizzly populations and evaluate whether the populations are grouped together or treated separately. The resolution also calls for the federal government to foot the bill for grizzly management even after they are removed from the endangered species list and management authority is returned to the states.

Please send a letter on the Commission�s draft resolution to either fwpwldmt.gov OR Grizzly Bear Resolution, Director�s Office, Montana FWP, P.O. Box 200701; Helena, Mt. 59620-0701, before February 1, 2008.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am sorry, I do not have any information to support or object to the delisting of the bear. I doubt anyone else here does as well. So, what objective purpose could be served by sending such a letter devoid of information and espousing only random opinion?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The chances of de-listing Grizzlies in Montana is slim to none IMHO. Just ask the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem residents about bears and wolves. The Fed's have lied incessantly about de-listing for years. I want big brother out of states right issues, but that is not likely to happen either. I saw my first out of Yellowstone grizzly in Wyoming in 1995, about 300 miles from the park. Last summer, I heard wolves howling in the Sweetwater Gap, in the southern tip of the Wind River range, but they are not well enough off to allow states to take on managemnet. I feel that any de-listing will never happen at this point. Sorry to rain on the parade.

HUNTS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD
So, what objective purpose could be served by sending such a letter devoid of information and espousing only random opinion?

None. Did I suggest as such? You really should KNOW something about what's going on(in general) if you're going to comment on it. I'm not here to educate. You can do that on your own if you're interested. The purpose of my post is to make people aware of the DEADLINE to make comments and where to send them. If you don't have any knowledge or opinion on such matters feel free to post here as much instead. It's up to you if you want to accomplish nothing. Maybe take up knitting...

Thinking you can't make a difference will yield similar results.

This IS a local concern in certain areas of the northern rockies.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 470Evans, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,840 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.