Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds logical to me! grin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken has met me too! Although our meeting probably meant more to me than him!!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Blaine
The Gnostic Christian books were soundely rejected by the early chruch becasue they saw errors in them and teachings counter to the Bible...............so they reasoned the Gnostic works were not inspired of God. It just so happens that today, when we apply textual criticism to the Gnostic works we find they fall WAY short of the Bible. That is what is wrong with them.

Originally Posted by wmacd
That's what you believe, but that doesn't make it true.

No, that is history, and you can examine the results of the textual criticism yourself if you care to.

I have, and it wouldn't hurt you to do the same.

HAS THE BIBLE BEEN FAITHFULLY PRESERVED?

MacDonald
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Waders
Ken has met me too! Although our meeting probably meant more to me than him!!

Still means a lot to me!

I'd like to do that prototypical rendezvous again, but now I'm 'way too far from that North Bonneville camp ground.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

In a word . . . . . . Yes. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
Well Derby Dude, you pulled just a part of my post out to take your stand.

Here's a bit more of it..

"'train up a child in the WAY he should go..and when he is old, he will not depart from it..''

I think HOW the child was trained, taught and the examples set by his parents and community play a large part in what that child knows and learns..

Plenty of folks may well need the grace and power of the living God in greater measure before they can DEPART from their upbringing-heritage-environment.."

I guess the real question for you that I'd humby ask is how the path you have chosen is doing for you and your family..

I really need no answer on this forum nor in a PM..It is a simple question you may ask yourself..and maybe your family..

However I still have a sense that you are still looking..watching..hunting..learning..seeking..and perhaps you cannot quite know all of what stirs your heart and mind yet..

But it certainly isn't what Winchester is or isn't gonna do..what your next reload for elk or antelope needs to be..:)

Deeper things..more important things for you and your family...

Hope your weekend is good, despite the cold..and you and your family are well..

Not sure why it may seem that I have 'singled you out' on this thread..but it isn't because i have anything against you or some axe to grind.

I also don't know why I find tears in my eyes and running down my cheeks sometimes when our Holy Spirit moves me to do or say or write ..I really don't know what all He knows..
I just try to hear and do as asked..in love and with concern.jim
PS:
I really try and get it right..but sometimes I feel like a poor ambassador..and have to simply trust that even my poorest efforts as He has lead me will accomplish what our Lord and Savior wish..

Well this thread is going no wheres fast so I'm going to decamp from it but I will make one last comment before I go.

Yes Jim, you are right I did take it out of context. It's my theology that has changed not necessarily who I'm am. My up bring in a Roman Catholic/Jewish community has made me what I am for better or worst. I think I'm a pretty good person by and large. Sure I have my irritating vices who doesn't but I'm a decent, honorable person. Thanks for the well wishes. DD

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMacD
The Gnostic Christian books were soundely rejected by the early chruch becasue they saw errors in them and teachings counter to the Bible...............so they reasoned the Gnostic works were not inspired of God. It just so happens that today, when we apply textual criticism to the Gnostic works we find they fall WAY short of the Bible. That is what is wrong with them.

Originally Posted by wmacd
That's what you believe, but that doesn't make it true.

No, that is history, and you can examine the results of the textual criticism yourself if you care to.

I have, and it wouldn't hurt you to do the same.

I have been researching the issue for 30 years. There is no question the Bible has been faithfully preserved.

I recommend "A General Introduction to the Bible" by Geisler and Nix as a starting point.

If you want the Reader's Digest version check out "Evidence the Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jesus said it best Himself:
Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division : KJV

Regardless of the sources or arguments presented, some will never be able to believe. The reasons for that are as varied as the pecularities of mankind, but principal among them is some will simply never allow themselves to surrender to a Lord as Savior while on this earth. All will surrender whether by choice or not, but for those choosing not while living, the consequences will be extreme. That is the tragedy of humanity.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Amen and Amen!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (01Foreman400, 1minute, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,709
Posts18,513,950
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.