Ken, I too have been a tire kicker on buying Quickload and thought that those of us on the fence could benefit from the various programs and develop a wildcat cartridge using the QL and other software, compare the results and determine optimum efficiency.

Perhaps a likely project would be to take a market loser and see if it could be optimized by changing bullet diameter and finding the most efficient loading. Just a thought. One of my personal causes is the "Friends of the NRA" and I would like to see a useful cartridge in a light package for youth and women hunters. One that comes to would be the much maligned WSSM cartridges, necked up to a caliber that would be a fine deer stopper (or larger) but would not punish the shooter. It seems that some of the feeding complaints would be diminished if the bore size were closer to the case size. I suspect that it would duplicate many other deer capable loads but that is not the point.

If you Software users are not interested in this, then ignore it. Otherwise it could be a fun exercise in trying different computer models to solve problems. It also may make some of us tire kickers take the plunge...

NRA Life Member