Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1987861 02/02/08
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody at the show this year? I'd love to have made it again but scheduling just didn't work this time 'round. I'd be very interested if there is any news from the Ruger both, especially if there are any new announcements on the #1!! smile

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nothing yet from my helpers. Have a couple folks who will politely inquire at Ruger and a couple distributor booths. Were it back in Orlando, I could've made it a LOT easier. maybe next year I can schedule better.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Joe Bowman was in the Ruger Booth signing posters!
I saw nothing new as farf as the No.1, they did have a 450/400

I am one gun away from happy
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I did get to Fondle a Dakota 10 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
I saw nothing new as far as the No.1, they did have a 450/400

frown

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Remember, Ruger is known for mid-year non-announced introductions. wink

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They did have their side by side shotgun on display yet you can't find any.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta
I saw nothing new as far as the No.1, they did have a 450/400

frown

Double frown

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
They're saving you some money, Grasshopper. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

The yearly Ruger magazine has an article that mentions there was only one run of the Gold SXS, then Ruger realized there was too much hand fitting for the price

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

ML

The yearly Ruger magazine has an article that mentions there was only one run of the Gold SXS, then Ruger realized there was too much hand fitting for the price

if they don't intend to do another run of them whay are they displaying it at SHOT.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You are on to something... The Gold Label at the SHOT show is the only Gold Label I have ever held, or even seen.

I just re read the article in the 2008 Ruger buyers guide, at the end it does say that Ruger is "reworking it's production system to make it happen" but offers no time frame

The article is titled "The Red and the Gold

Last edited by Hairtrigger; 02/06/08.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Bro' Keith,

Oh well! maybe next year.... smile

Grasshopper

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, I envy your collection, as long as envy isn't a sin, and if it is, then I just admire it. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As I see it, Ruger is American's LAST/BEST hope of saving the American gun industry which is rapidly going to other countries for their new models.

I hope enough American hunters/shooters/gun enthusiasts recognize this FACT and throw their support directly behind Ruger and their products.

Certainly, the "gun scenerio" has dramatically CHANGED since I was in college in the mid-to-late 1950's.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Ron_T

I hope enough American hunters/shooters/gun enthusiasts recognize this FACT and throw their support directly behind Ruger and their products.

PPl will say as you do and many will think it but few will actually act on it. Most will make thier decisions based on one thing, thecost. They'll spend a few dollars less in Walmart to buy a cheap imported Hungarian firearm rather than buy a good one, domestic or not, from thier LGS. The wallet controls most ppls decisions.
Myself, I have plenty of Rugers and will very likely buy many more.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ron_T
As I see it, Ruger is American's LAST/BEST hope of saving the American gun industry which is rapidly going to other countries for their new models.

Certainly, the "gun scenerio" has dramatically CHANGED since I was in college in the mid-to-late 1950's.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

Ron, I absolutely agree with you. The dollar devaluation will do more to make "USA" guns more affordable as compared to off -shore manufactured guns other than the perception real or imagined of improved qaulity of USA made products.

Ruger is a perfect example of a company that got "complacent" on their products and now has to "earn" each new Ruger gun sale.

Tom Ruger died of Cancer, Bill Sr has passed on and Bill Jr. retired. The family turned the reins of Ruger over to outside CEO's. With sliding sales since the late 90's and stiff foreign competition "Ruger" has to re-build it's product lines and percieved value in the gun buyers eyes.

Ruger needs Savage's" Ron Coburn. Ron turned Case knives around and he has put Savage into the "Quality" product catagory.

Ron Coburn is the only CEO I am aware of that has turned a American gun company around other than Gregg Ritz putting TC Arms on the Map.

Doc

Last edited by Doctor_Encore; 02/07/08.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10Glocks, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,446
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.