Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mann,
Remember those "pine boards" that all the teachers had in the top left hand desk drawer and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance every morning with the flag in the class room and our hands over our hearts right after the Lord's Prayer.
I still have a Gravely rider bought in 84. Use it all the time. One of the reasons's it's lasted so long is it has a lot of grease fittings on it. Using the grease gun back in the late 60's was special. My 13 year old gets a taste of it every summer when we brush hog the bottoms. If I could just get him to leave the PSP at home...........!

Dave

GB1

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by savage24
Originally Posted by Tod
Sometimes I miss spacefood sticks.

http://www.spacefoodsticks.com/spacefood/history.html

Thanks!

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by galbraith
Originally Posted by wuzzagrunt
Originally Posted by Tod
What a difference a decade or two makes.

Who else here remember...
Replacing tubes?

Or the machine in the hardware store that tested vacuum tubes?

I wish those machines were still easily found, my main guitar amp uses tubes and testing means buying a not-cheap machine frown

If you need tubes, call my buddy Roy at this place here in Gainesville
http://www.vacuumtubes.net/

Thank for the tip.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
you knew what was on and when. every day of the week. you had a pair of pliers clamped to the channel post as the idea of actually ordering as replacement knob was absurd.

rabbit ears.. (i still have them as i have no cable or dish smile and yes, i have to get up and adjust for different channels....

i loved the wing windows in the cars.... crack em' open and let the air circulate without freezing or getting wet....

7 wires in the engine compartment. really. if it didn't start the battery was dead or you were out of gas... kept a file in the glovebox for the cap and points....

bias ply tires smile with white walls

summer days that lasted an eternity with a stick that resembled a rifle and your dog.

only one size battery for all toys smile

block parties (you actually knew everyone on your block) it was like having daycare everywhere....

you could leave at 9 in the morning to go play all day anywhere without a word as to where you were going. if you weren't making it home for supper you better call, at age 7...

you could drive the car down the road sitting on dads lap smile

you could get your ass beat by the neighbors as well as your folks for doing stupid things frown

you could ride your dirt bike down all the streets in town to get to the fields to ride and no one even looked twice....

snow days meant you stayed OUTSIDE all day to play and liked it!!

you SHOVELED the driveway...

"kick the can" was the best game in town and it was free smile

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.