Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just back from SHOT, I saw two new Rugers that were impressive, the 4" Redhawk, 45 Colt and the LCP 380ACP. Two winners.

The Redhawk has been long rumored and seems lighter in the hand than its 44 Mag counterpart. Maybe it is just less metal. But, 45 Colt fans will welcome this sturdy DA.

KelTec will not welcome the LCP (Light Compact Pistol). They are the same size, but, that Ruger just looks better and less toy-like. They should price about the same at the P3AT. Instant seller.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gonna get the 45 redhawk, it was love at first sight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow! That LCP is earth-shattering news from Ruger! This signals a clear departure from the old Ruger mindset that wasn't particularly enthusiastic about private citizens carrying concealed handguns.

I'd like to see the LCP next to the P-3AT. If the size is the same, I see some minor improvements over the K-T gun.

I wonder if a PF9-ish model will follow? whistle

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
...wonder if they are ever going to smarten up and bring out a 5 shot Super Blackhawk in .480 Ruger...

Bob

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'll take any big bore 5 shot revolver from Ruger. I hope the company is listening. Every single action fan has been jumping up and down for a factory 5 shot big bore.

Last edited by BigBoreFan; 02/06/08.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I understand that Ruger will be offering 20 round magazines for the Mini 14, that would be another departure from their recent policy.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN
I understand that Ruger will be offering 20 round magazines for the Mini 14, that would be another departure from their recent policy.

Idunno, but it's probably true - the new SR9 also comes with a 17-round mag (in the free states, anyway), and no internal lock. It does look like Ruger may have entered the land of the living. wink

Last edited by FreeMe; 02/06/08.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just saw that little LCP.. While I've always favored Ruger revolvers over their semi-autos, this LCP looks wonderful for a concealable/pocket type pistol..

Have to wait and see what the poop is on reliability... Looks good though..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Please, please, please make a 44 Special with adjustable sights on the NEW Vaquero frame.

Did I say please?

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not interested in the oversized Redhawk even if it is in the great 45 Colt chambering. This modelw as actually announced a while ago.
The LCP, that was a shocker to many, myself included. Not a big fan of these mouse guns and even though I hate the KelTec everyone and theier mother is comparing it to, I'll look at one. As inexpensive as they'll be I'm sure there'll be a couple hundred $ around at some point to pickl one up just for fun.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN

20 round Mini 14 magazines have been consistently available since the ban was lifted a few years ago. Prices, retail and wholesale, have climbed steeply and they sell for around $54.95 in our area.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of guys cuss the mouse guns but that fact is that a small gun like that is much more likely to be in your pocket than in the car. No, it's not designed to fend off a mall shooter with an AK. However, 99% of the time, the gun is used against a low-life mugger, not a phsycopath. Any gun will work in those cases.

I think Ruger has finally recognized that there's a huge market that they were missing. But why don't then include a 2d mag like most of the other mouse guns I've seen?

Yes, I know this post is almost identical to the one I put on the pocket gun thread in the campfire forum.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
...But why don't then include a 2d mag like most of the other mouse guns I've seen?

It's a matter of cost. The Kel-Tecs also come with only one mag. So do the mini Berettas. I don't think it's at all unusual.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want a .380 Ruger for summer use.(won't even talk about hiding it while wearing my thong and a tank top)
(Grin!) Virgil B.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Handloader
KelTec will not welcome the LCP (Light Compact Pistol). They are the same size, but, that Ruger just looks better and less toy-like. They should price about the same at the P3AT. Instant seller.

Sounds nice and 380acp is definitely better than nothing....just wish it came in 9mm instead. BTW - anyone have a pic??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Handloader

Sounds nice and 380acp is definitely better than nothing....just wish it came in 9mm instead. BTW - anyone have a pic??

I have a Kel-Tec P-3AT, & it's a great gun for very concealed carry. I've had it for about 2 years & it's functioned perfectly. The Ruger will probably be a winner if it's reliable, it looks like a refined P-3AT. Here's a pic of the new Ruger (from Rugers web site), & my P-3AT.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks for the pics.

I does look nice but it's so close, I'm surprised there's not a stink over it.... blush

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm willing to bet KelTec's patent ran out. Although the Ruger does have one thing I like, it has a slide lock so you can lock the action open. laugh That is a big seller with me, thinkin' on trading my Keltec in just because of that. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not a mouse gun person but I'll buy one just 'cause it's a Ruger so it'll work and last, and at the price they'll actually sell for, why not.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They'd only have to make it about 1/8 to 1/4" longer to be a 9mm. I wonder why they didn't. A 9mm in a gun this size might kick too hard to handle, though.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,860
Posts18,517,817
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.