Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hey all,
My wife presented me with an optical wireless mouse (GE #HO97990) for my birthday and I'm having a few problems. Firstly it is very slow and hangs my internet connection if I install the driver. Second, with or without the driver installed I can only scroll down a page, not up, I can do everything else though and the mouse works much better.

Does anyone have experience with this model (or any other) that may explain the problems I'm having and how to correct them. I can't find any other mouse drivers on my computer in the "Add/Remove Software" area.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you haven't already done so, run the Windows Update at:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

This is a free service that will take a look at your operating system and give you access to all the current drivers. If you connect to the 'net using a modem, it could take a looong time. It's fairly painless with a broad band connection.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
JOG,
Thanks, I had already tried that.

For anyone's reference if you have a similar problem. I exchanged the mouse and the new one was doing the same thing. I went into the Device Manager (Start, Settings, Control Panel, System), clicked on the mouse, on the Driver tab I clicked "Udate Driver" and followed the instructions. After getting an update (from my Windows disk) I had to restart and the problem was solved. I guess had I done this the first time the first mouse would have worked. I still haven't loaded the driver that came with the mouse, it had too many conflicts with my internet connection and used a lot of space.

So, the problem is fixed and I'm going to try the same fix on my laptop later today to see if I can even get the wheel to work, right now it doesn't but I've always accepted that.

Thanks again,
Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 1,761 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,122
Posts18,522,927
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.