-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gorrilla tape. Waterproof and verifiably so by my own 'extreme' testing on the Alaska Penninsula this past October.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Ok, you guys convinced me. Even though I've never had a problem that I was aware of, there may have been times when I had snow or other stuff in my barrel that I didn't know about, and the tape is cheap with no downside, so its just cheap insurance.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen
handwerk, don't deer see blue very well? Seems I read that once in a story about why they DON'T see blaze orange well.

If so, I wouldn't want a blue dot on the end of my barrel- at least where I hunt, which tends to be be close-up.

I had one day a few years ago that I should have put tape on my muzzle... sloppy slushy snow all day, then it got cold and about froze my rifle solid. I guess enough water got into the rest of the rifle that it might not have even helped, really...

-jeff
I'm speachless,you out did yourself.....

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Mind boggling.......

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Dancing Bear: I like to leave the roll of extra tape on for a year, or two, or so.....leaves a mark, maybe a bit of light rusting crazy............looks cool later when people ask "what's that"! grin

Last edited by BobinNH; 02/15/08.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I posted.....I left......Good grief, I think I'm gonna go have a beer and ponder the post I just read...

Jeff, do we hunt in the same state???? Are you actually hunting in Western Oregon??? I've heard you mention "where I hunt" and how close you're getting to these deer that guns are loaded.....quiet safeties are employed, and now the chance of a blue piece of tape might spoil it all.

I think you might want to go to a matte camo Kabar and turn in your rifles. I would suggest that you don't sharpen it......that shiny surface might give away your position before you commence to lunging and stabbing wildly................grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hope to Chirst he ain't got blue eyes, but I'm guessing they are brown........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hence a sharp stick in their eye.....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

John,

Been doing it for many(many) years.No problems to report! That said, electricians tape can also be used for many other uses. Such as emergency repairs(stocks, ect.), first-aid uses(splints,ect), and many other things an imaginative mind can invent. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
When carrying a rifle in a scabbard yes.

Spot

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
...I buy a package of the very small size party ballons. Just roll one over the muzzle end and you're all set. It does not effect point of impact at all, but very effectively protects the barrel from trash entering the bore...This has worked for me for many years now..

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What color balloon do ya use.....might wanna use clear condoms so as your position isn't given away.....grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In Wally World, they have small latex covers for individual fingers. They're with the gloves.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Cheap ins. Carry a roll in my pocket.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen
handwerk, don't deer see blue very well? Seems I read that once in a story about why they DON'T see blaze orange well.

If so, I wouldn't want a blue dot on the end of my barrel- at least where I hunt, which tends to be be close-up.

I had one day a few years ago that I should have put tape on my muzzle... sloppy slushy snow all day, then it got cold and about froze my rifle solid. I guess enough water got into the rest of the rifle that it might not have even helped, really...

-jeff

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- Billy Madison

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott...we better follow Brother Bill's lead and go for the colorblind ones....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BD- rest assured my rascal tapin' lament tweren't aimed at KT's or Greyhound's father-in-law, if that's what you were wonderin'.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL...naw, wasn't thinking that...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BD,
Nice Sitka. I would love to slip back up there and hunt those "ghosts" again. The two bucks I harvested were double throat patched and yours looks the same. Are all the Sitka bucks you've seen on Kodiak double throat patched??

Last edited by RaceTire; 02/15/08.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
Scott...we better follow Brother Bill's lead and go for the colorblind ones....

Don't you guys just shoot 'em in the blinker before they have a chance to see the blue tape?

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 42 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.