Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by safariman
In addition to Gorilla tape, I have found black balloons to work really well. Better, in fact than any tape besides gorrilla tape. Some have said that condoms are a good substitute, but if you get home from a long hunting trip out of state and you have extra's of these in your bag when your wife unpacks or gets laundry out..... Well... ya got some 'splainin to do smile Not worth the risk as I see it.

That plus the spermicide shows up blue to a deers eyes, or so I read somewhere....grin...

(Do you guy use plain or ribbed?)

HR IC

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
french tickler for me.

really helps break up the silhouette of the muzzle. It's a huge advantage IMHO.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems the "blue tape" comment was just the tip of the iceberg. It lit the fuse, but the pipe bomb was already made and waiting.

There are some here who harbor resentment in regards to the decline of what were once two great forums("hunting rifles and "custom rifles"). They've now been reduced to a bunch of guys with little knowledge asking a bunch of questions "this one or that one". A lot of the guys answering the questions have little, if any more knowledge than the poster. Hard to describe, to some, but others know EXACTLY what I mean. It just isn't what it used to be IMO. My interest has been largely lost, as of late, as I find very little here to be either informative, or interesting any more. That did not used to be the case. Methinks I'm not alone.

Anyway, one thing is for sure, there will be a TON of pics in the upcoming year of guys with blue tape on their barrels and dead critters lying next to them.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
And do you all tape your muzzle with a single thickness of tape across the muzzle and then a wrap around the barrel covering the ends of the first piece, or some other technique?

I've always considered that method, with the electrical tape I use, is somewhat akin to plugging the barrel. Even if it doesn't cause a blow up like ice in the barrel might, I figure it might change things enough to change downrange ballistics.

My method is to use a small square, folded over on one side, and cover just the muzzle. The folded edge give me something to grab to remove it with if desired.

The only problem I have is the electricians tape doesn't adhere well to cold metal. I've been toying with using a different type of tape or wrapping tape around the barrel at the muzzle and using a second piece to cover the muzzle with enough overlap to adhere to the tape I wrapped around the barrel.

I use black tape but red, blue, green, I wouldn't care. Its just that I already have black.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"the other running right at me with a 338"

If I had a deer running right at me with a 338, I'd be pretty scared! grin

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I was, but when he saw the blue jeans he had a hole blow out between his shoulder blades!

Sorry, I know this crap is getting old!

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yes, and sometimes I'd like to put a piece over my wifes muzzle.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I use the single piece across the muzzle and the one wrapped around the barrel covering the ends. I mighted have tested 15-20 yrs ago and saw no difference of POI. I have noticed that it is always gone across the muzzle with the tape around the barel still there, when I am looking at a dead elk on the ground.
Once it gets cold, it' is pretty brittle and I would think it just breaks off rather than stretches and tears.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you use a ribbed Trojan instead of tape, does it act like a faster twist barrel? If true I can run some heavies outta the Coyote. smile

Me

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think that would be "threaded" not "ribbed"

interesting, my coyote too could use a little more twist....

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If they were threaded, you would have to find the proper twisted....well, forget it....

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I know I know... don't want to strip the threads....

shocked

smile

Something clever here.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you are stripping the threads on a Trojan you are pushing 'em toooooo quick.....grin

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Red tape sucks too...

[Linked Image]

M
M
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
There are some here who harbor resentment in regards to the decline of what were once two great forums("hunting rifles and "custom rifles"). They've now been reduced to a bunch of guys with little knowledge asking a bunch of questions "this one or that one". A lot of the guys answering the questions have little, if any more knowledge than the poster. Hard to describe, to some, but others know EXACTLY what I mean. It just isn't what it used to be IMO. My interest has been largely lost, as of late, as I find very little here to be either informative, or interesting any more. That did not used to be the case. Methinks I'm not alone.

I think there are plenty of gentlemen here who have a wealth of knowledge to share.

Your observation that the forums have eroded is no surprise to me considering that you are a player on team "Socially Dysfunctional!"

Now, PLEASE, go join your foul-mouthed brethren over at "As Real As It Gets" and allow this site to draw closer yet to what it was meant to be; a kind, welcoming place of fellowship between MEN/WOMEN who share a love for the outdoors.

I don't know Mr. Olsen and can't begin to know what kind of person he is by way of another million posts. I do know he's someone's child and I intend to treat him that way regardless of any personal -isms he may have. (Momma Bear always reminded me of what is in bold and it has been the secret to great success in dealing with people. I hate that I feel compelled to ignore it now.)

I'd rather stagger through the darkness of humble ignorance with these gentlemen that have "little knowledge asking a bunch of questions" than be enlightened and beguiled with the utter filth that is spat from the mouths of the likes of Big Stick and his hoard of Internet bullies.

SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR!!!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Kuumba-[bleep]'-ya........

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bet ya feel better now......those you speak harshly of are also "someone's child" .....some are content preaching whilst traveling on a one way street

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First off, I don't believe I was rude in any way. Merely stated my opinion as I see it.

Secondly, I don't recall even mentioning JO's name.

Thirdly, I doubt anyone cares for your presence at ARAIG, so don't fret.

Fourthly, there is a BIG difference between newcomers who wish to learn, and represent themselves as such, and newcomers who pretend to know/do stuff they haven't a clue about.. These are the guys who pizz people off.

So you go on now and proceed to "stumble through the darkness of humble ignorance", my child. Must be a hell of a journey. I hear ignorance is bliss, but wouldn't know firsthand, so I WON'T comment..............

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I wonder what other Internet names 'Mr Brown Bear' goes by? He/she seems to know about a web site, and a poster on that site in particular.
Bets are on....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares? I'm sure there are PLENTY of lurkers there from this site........

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.