Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I hope they beat the stuffing out of her.

Teens Unremorseful After Stealing From Girl Scout

LAKE WORTH, Fla. -- The State Attorney's Office will decide whether to charge two teens who admit they robbed a 9-year-old Girl Scout selling cookies outside of a Lake Worth supermarket.

"I thought that it was a really mean thing to do, and I was sad after," Girl Scout Gracie Smith told WPBF News 25.

Authorities said that a 17-year-old girl in a hot-pink sweatshirt approached Smith outside of a Winn-Dixie supermarket at Hypoluxo and Jog roads in Lake Worth Wednesday evening and asked the girl what her favorite cookies were. Police told WPBF that, while Smith was telling the teen about her favorite Cinna-Spins, the teen snatched an envelope containing about $164 off of Smith's table, hopped into another teen's car and drove away.
sponsor

Smith told WPBF that she turned to her mother in tears, saying, "Mommy! That girl took all my money!"

Authorities said they caught up with the 17-year-old girl Thursday and pulled her out of class at Park Vista High School, where she allegedly confessed to the crime, WPBF reported. Investigators said the girl's female accomplice, another a Park Vista student, also confessed.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said that the case has been handed over to the State Attorney's Office to determine if charges will be filed against the teens.

Smith's mother, Charlene Rubenstrunk, told WPBF that the girls returned to the store Thursday to taunt her daughter.

"They are within 10 feet of the same kid they just robbed last night and there is nothing anybody can do about it. I find that offensive," Rubenstrunk said.

The girls, whose names are not being released because they are minors, told WPBF that they were not remorseful for the crime, and that they did it because they "needed money."

"We went through all that effort to get it, we got all these charges and we had to give the money back. I'm kind of pissed," one of the girls told WPBF.

The other girl told WPBF that she was upset because police found them.

"I'm not sorry, I'm just pissed that I got caught," the girl said.

Money collected from the cookie sales were supposed to go toward Smith's sleep-over trip with Troop 664 to the Miami Seaquarium. Police were unable to recover the stolen money, but a father of one of the teens accused in the crime paid the money back to Smith's mother, WPBF reported.

Authorities said the teens were not charged because they did not use force to steal the money, nor did they take the money from the Girl Scout�s hands.

The State Attorney's Office will decide if the teens will be charged.

The Winn-Dixie supermarket is donating $200 to the troop, WPBF reported.

Watch the video interview with her. 4th video down titled :"Teens Rob Scouts"

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Good grief and perhaps some fine parenting there!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did ya watch the video about it? Les

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Looks like the parent(s) need a lesson too. A nice civil lawsuit that drags the parents into court may help.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't have any sound Les with the station I'm at now.

Did I miss much that I should know??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The girl that did it sounded like it is an everyday thing with her, hell she got busted for a Dine and Dash later. Gotta this this me generation Bullschitt! mad Les

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We do have an entitlement generation behind us, don't we?

I'm ashamed to admit I've bought into it!!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Not ich, my child works if she wants something.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They're right, two mall rats with absolutely no remorse--driving a new Passat kind of car..........geeeez.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
"we went through all that effort and had to give the money back"

It'd be funny if not such a dysfunctional pair. Trash, plain and simple.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's beyond amazing ... you're at least supposed to ACT like you're sorry ... but sitting there saying you're pissed because you got caught and have to give the money back, is grounds for a severe beating - of the parents first!

-WGM-
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Right there with ya, my daughter was listen to this last night on the radio, man was she pissed. Les

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
We do have an entitlement generation behind us, don't we?

I'm ashamed to admit I've bought into it!!

Not all kids are like those two twits. I recently was working around two high-school age brothers who have well heeled parents--they were hauling trash from around their fathers business, and were doing it happily--of course, they were being paid. I made the point of complimenting dad on his two boys.....

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I am so grateful that in spite of my short-comings, all my teens are polite, respectful and not entirely selfish.

None of them understand the value of a dollar however; hence, one of my short-comings. That's my bad, not theirs,IMO!!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
unbelievable. what an attitude. she's gotta be on something. i can't believe what i heard in the video.

-ken

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
she's gotta be on something.

Herself.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Those girls need to be charged and need a good dose of community service.........Cleaning toilets in the courthouse while dressed in "pin stripes" might get their attention!

No respect, no remorse just go's to show you that "punks" come in both sex's!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You state send them through the Juvenile Court system and have them do community service as you stated. The kids will come off as cool to their friends. It's like their proud that they committed a crime and got caught, they have no remorse, i see it all the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sad part is, you can't beat them, the kids know 911. I don't feel like starting that song and dance. frown

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think they should start Caning for that kind of thing. Works in China. I bet it wouldn't happen twice after about 20 whacks with a bamboo cane.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,143
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.