Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
you would advocate violence between juveniles
He didn't. He was merely speculating what might have happened in his experience and in the school he is associated with. Fully reading a post, and leaving it as stated, rather than inserting your own spin, is often appreciated.

To appease your need for condescension, let me offer my own advocacy of violence. Had the girl scout been my sweet and kind little girl, I would have conspired to give those two worthless teens a blanket party and beat them to the brink of their meaningless existance. That seems to be the only thing that might bring reality into their empty minds. But I would not have done that, both from the fear of getting caught and having injustice imposed on my justice, and such action would have greatly saddened my own child, who would have already forgiven them.

But make no mistake, society abhors the cancer of amorality displayed by any of it's elements and seeks to eliminate it at any cost for it's own preservation. However, the legal system at all of it's levels prevents such a correction and ends up encouraging amorality with it's own lack of morality and common sense. That's not as much an indictment of the legal system as it is an acknowledgement of it's ineffectiveness to deal with serious issues from being hobbled by unreasonable political correctness brought on by rampant liberalism rising to the level of more rights for the perpetrator and less to none for the victim.

All that not withstanding, those girls still deserve and need a good beating.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This incident didn't occur in the scum and slum of inner city SA. It occured in the rich and affluent Palm Beach Co. FL. I am appalled that as an educator, which the majority are bleeding heart liberal yellow dog democrats, you would advocate violence between juveniles. But as you stated that's life in the big city, one that you obviously enjoy, to each his own.

Advocate? I spend much of my professional life actively working to keep that stuff from happening. But I do enjoy these people, I had one at Ohio State and two at Cornell U come visit me over this last break.

I think you better get after 1akhunter, all I said was what could happen around here. 1ak lives up in the scum and slum of Alaska, and he openly ADVOCATED selling those girls off into slavery... (prob'ly someone should do the ol' gorilla luggage test in the evidence room on his mass grin)

"Scum and slum" around HERE??.... listen Roscoe, why don't ya come here and say that... we'll take ya out and feed ya Tex-Mex... and then we'll roam the South Side amid the slum and scum... and you'll find some of the friendliest people anywhere... This is SAN ANTONIO we're talking here... 'Course you'll have to leave off chasing Bo and Luke for a spell... grin

Actually, with those two girls, the old Ann Landers phrase "time wounds all heels" comes to mind. If they keep that mindset, clearly their lives are gonna suck.

And I should prob'ly quit ragging on ya, reading between the lines of your posts, I'm guessing when folks don't suck up and grovel, you just get mean.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been to SA many times Retired US Army. Ft. Sam Houston's not the place for me. They do a good job at Brooke AMC, but other then that i have no use for SA. Sad thing about SA, good Tennesseans died at the Alamo, to save that area from the Mexicans, so that you Texans could have a place to live, and the Mexicans still control it. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With your 20 yrs of teaching, have you ever coached high school football? If not, you must not be much of a teacher, i've heard that the best teachers in TX, are also head football coaches. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have conspired to give those two worthless teens a blanket party and beat them to the brink of their meaningless existance. That seems to be the only thing that might bring reality into their empty minds. But I would not have done that, both from the fear of getting caught and having injustice imposed on my justice, and such action would have greatly saddened my own child, who would have already forgiven them.

You're an angry guy, aren't you? Seems like your answer to just about any & all injustice is an severe ass kicking. In this case I think that might take away the some of the high ground and give these two a degree of victim status and mess them up more then they already are..

Just my observation, experience & opinion; corporal punishment can be a real good thing on young kids, but can make the situation worse on teenagers.. I have seen a heavy hand build respect in young kids, but build real anger & hate in teens.

I would start with some jail time, then payback of funds, then public service. Some kids do come around and grow out of that "me first" stage of life.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see where you're going and agree, but still figure had these kids had that tail "tore" up when they were wee little laddies they'd have known better than to steal. It sure as hades worked on my behind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by biglmbass
I see where you're going and agree, but still figure had these kids had that tail "tore" up when they were wee little laddies they'd have known better than to steal. It sure as hades worked on my behind.

There you go.

I got popped twice shoplifting as a kid. The first time I lifted a Mad Magazine and got caught. The store manager actually said "I know your dad, and I know what he'll do to you", and let off with a warning...and you know what, he was right as I found out the second time I got caught.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I found out the second time I got caught.

Were you thinking "What, Me Worry?" as you lifted the 2nd time?

BTW, are you fishing the "Sand Crab Classic" tomorrow? PM me off line so as not to hijack this thread.

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I think you better get after 1akhunter,...

I'll buy tickets to THAT! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Barkoff,

Jail time would never have happened, the "parents" would have paid back the money, and these girls would have just sat around and done nothing when they were supposed to do community service and so once again, no real consequences.

Physical punishment is taboo, none of the rest will be carried out, so what is the recourse for stupid twits like these?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The store manager actually said "I know your dad, and I know what he'll do to you", and let off with a warning

That alone would have scared me straight. There would not have been a second time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so what is the recourse for stupid twits like these

A week long visit to the Arizona Sherrif's tent city might do them some good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In one of the Oriental countries, there is a punishment called caning. I have heard that it is an attention getter. I am not for abuse, but it would appear that these two are prime candidates to be used for test specimens in this country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
Barkoff,

Jail time would never have happened, the "parents" would have paid back the money, and these girls would have just sat around and done nothing when they were supposed to do community service and so once again, no real consequences.

Physical punishment is taboo, none of the rest will be carried out, so what is the recourse for stupid twits like these?

Don't get me wrong, I agree, I'm just relating what I would like to see happen. I agree that a lack of repercussions is what's wrong with kids today. An ass whoopin works and does good on most young kids, but on a teenager I have seen many times an opposite of the desired effect. By the time a daughter gets to be seventeen years old, whupping them isn't the best answer. IMHO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by biglmbass
The store manager actually said "I know your dad, and I know what he'll do to you", and let off with a warning

That alone would have scared me straight. There would not have been a second time.

smile & it should of, but I was a real thrill seeker; a wild one, back in those days, plus I think I had a screw loose. I wouldn't say the old man's hand kept me out of all trouble, but it was always in the back of my mind. I think I was about thirteen when I took my last whooping.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hindsite

Those girls need to be charged and need a good dose of community service.........Cleaning toilets in the courthouse while dressed in "pin stripes" might get their attention!

No respect, no remorse just go's to show you that "punks" come in both sex's!

+1, Hindsite

Wouldn't it be a shame if the Girl Scout had big, dyke cousin, aunt or neighbor down the street to thoroughly beat the punk-ettes? The "pin stripe" suits would be a nice touch. wink

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Like the rest of you, I was more than a bit taken back by the girl's attitude and lack of remorse. Where does that come from? My guess is that the parents aren't paying much attention around the home, and the kids are picking up their values from various media outlets that worship and praise the likes of Paris Hilton. She's a beautiful girl, and like Paris, she's gotten over with a lot of truly awful behaviour because of it.

My guess is the best way to turn this girl's head around might be some good old-fashioned hard work. Don't beat her, just work the hell out of her. Some "quality time" on a work farm doing manual labor might take a little of that swagger out of that high and mighty attitude of hers. It might cause her think twice about continuing with her current crime spree as well.

Save all the ass kickings, blanket parties, baseball bats, and bamboo canes for those people in society we truly despise.....the politicians. grin

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1234567
In one of the Oriental countries, there is a punishment called caning. I have heard that it is an attention getter. I am not for abuse, but it would appear that these two are prime candidates to be used for test specimens in this country.

Or they could just lop off a finger or two. I'm sure thats still fashionable punishment if you wanna get really third world on 'em.

I didn't understand a word you said, but whatever it was I'm right there with you.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Those two, the likes of them, and most often their parents as well, are the worst people to have to deal with, both in the legal system and the education system. I had my fill of them during my working years as school administrator. I preferred workng with tough disadvantaged kids and families to dealing with useless, self serving pukes like them. I'm not really advocating violence, but if anyone deserves a beatin' here, it's probably both the parents and their kids.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You're an angry guy, aren't you?
Not as a rule, but I can be made that way.

When I hear of some spoiled and over-indulged teen coming up to a little girl who is doing something worthwhile and industrious, and deceiving her into a friendly conversation as a distraction to steal all of her money, that does make me angry. Then when I read and see there is no remorse for such a callous act, except to be resentful that they were caught, that adds a little bit to it. And further, to know that those same teens who stole from the child came back to taunt and terrorize her, that anger grows some more. Frankly, I've never heard of such cold and amoral kids.

My biggest mistake was to consider how I would feel if that child were my own, but I always tend to put myself in the shoes of the victim. No doubt a bad habit. But dispite what I knew I would like to do, I also knew I would not, and so stated.

I'm afraid jail time would only give them education in not getting caught next time and elevated status with their peers. It seems to do little good in much else. Fines or loss of child tax credits for the parents might be better justice as this behavior is probably their fault.

Whatever could turn them around should be done, or they will end up in much worse shape in the future.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (6MMWASP, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.