Hop To
#20348 03/28/01
R
rock42 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I am looking for a scope with a mil dot reticle. I want either 4-12 or 4-16 variable magnification. my question is how durable are the bsa scopes. it will be on a medium recoiling rifle 30-06 to 7 rem mag.<BR>I would like any first hand experience with bsa. I know that the leupold or burris is a better scope but they also cost more. Please first hand experience only, not I use a leupold and everything else is junk posts.<P>also if you can reccomend any other brands that offer the mil dot reticle in an inexpensive scope that is better than the bsa. <P>also the bsa has a limited lifetime warranty also I would like to hear anything about their warranty and service if I do get one and break it.<BR><P>------------------<BR>"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
GB1

#20349 03/28/01
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rock;<BR>I bought 2 4-16 last year. Returned them to Midway within 3 months. They would not focus and the AO was way off of calibration. In short, they were junk. If you want something that is good yet not as expensive as the big "L" I suggest you investigate Weavers. Bend<BR>

#20350 03/29/01
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rock42, just about any scope is better than a BSA. I agree with you that Leupold's are too much money for what you get, but check out the Sample List at SWFA. Decide the maximum that you are willing to pay and you can choose from about every brand made with new, used and/or demo scopes. If you narrow it down to a few you need to choose between, E-mail Chris at SWFA and he will be glad to discuss the relative merits of your choices. You will find that you are able to get more scope than you ever thought you could afford. Good Luck! Cheers:-)

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
#20351 03/29/01
R
rock42 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
see the thing is I want the mil dot reticle. the only companies I know of that offer it is bsa, tasco, burris, and leupold.<P>I would probably put a bushnell elite or a weaver grand slam on it if the offered the mil dot.<P>But right now I think I'm just going to save the 550 or so and put a burris signature on it.<P>thanks for the input guys.<P>------------------<BR>"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
#20352 03/31/01
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rock42, the Burris Signature model is a great scope! You would probably have to spend twice as much to get a scope with better optics! I'd be willing to bet you can't tell the difference between it and a Grand Slam or a Leupold. Great choice! Cheers:-)

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
IC B2

#20353 03/31/01
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Rock,<P>It's not the power you wanted, but it is a mil dot. B&L elite 4200 6-24x40 with Mil-Dot Reticle. SWFA lists it right now. <A HREF="http://swfa.com/riflescopes/bausch/elite4200/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://swfa.com/riflescopes/bausch/elite4200/index.html</A><P>John<BR>

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,510
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.