Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
I hate to sell this Baby, LOL!!!!!! I bet you do!!!!!!!!

Now that is some funny schit right there.......grin

Anyway, they were made from 1992-2000, so not that rare.

This is not the first time someone has tried to make some money off of a gun sale, and while I find the thread amusing, we've really no right to interfere with this guys sale.......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeVon
I'm not trying to make a point, just stating the facts.

Why? Are you the guy who sold him the rifle for $500? Do you feel there should be some kind of limit on the amount of profit an individual can make from a sale? Would you have posted your "facts" if he had offered the rifle for $550? $650? $750? Do you feel a need to "protect" us from his "profiteering"? If I thought $1150 was a reasonable price, or even one I was willing to pay regardless, why should what he paid for it be a factor in my decision on expending my funds?

Put bluntly -- I think your post was way out of line, "facts" or no.

DN

Last edited by muledeer; 02/28/08. Reason: Because I can...

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
J
J
Originally Posted by muledeer

Why? Are you the guy who sold him the rifle for $500? Do you feel there should be some kind of limit on the amount of profit an individual can make from a sale? Would you have posted your "facts" if he had offered the rifle for $550? $650? $750? Do you feel a need to "protect" us from his "profiteering"? If I thought $1150 was a reasonable price, or even one I was willing to pay regardless, why should what he paid for it be a factor in my decision on expending my funds?

DN

No, I'm not the one that sold it to him, but I did let the previsous seller know that it was being resold. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. They mean alot, trust me.

Last edited by JoeVon; 02/28/08.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should, he's right. We don't play that schit around here. When you got to a gun store or show, do you ask them what they paid for the rifles they have on sale, or tell the customers said amount when they are walking in the door?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll make ONE post on this.
I know GOFASTER as an honest guy and have dealt with him and probably will again but.......

The campfire free classifieds always used to be a place to just swap and sell stuff to psuedo friends. I don't have a problem with making a little profit. My thoughts on this type of sale is to go to GA or GB. I've been called on the carpet for this when I got a deal on something (a stock and a rifle) and later wanted to trade up. When I was asked enough times to sell and stated a price (in private) I got dinged for it. Won't happen again. I didn't really want to sell for cash and profit just trade for something else but still got it in the end. I am sure the two fella's know who I am speaking of and I am not disagreeing with what happened just stating my thoughts.

I guess the bottom line is 24hr was initially a place for a bunch of guys with same interest to exchange info and sometimes equipment. Some still believe it to be that way.

Flame on.....

BTW- Some the this could have been in PM's.......

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guns get sold for a profit every day all over the country.

Look at it, decide if the price is good for you, and either buy it, or keep goin' on your way..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

DN

No, I'm not the one that sold it to him, but I did let the previsous seller know that it was being resold. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. They mean alot, trust me.

Tell it to Oprah. I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy around here.

DN

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
WOW not sure what to say other then the truth I said I would buy this gun without doing any research,after I got the gun starting looking around and found out how rare it was and what some have sold for,so I decided I would sell it and make some money,I lost my job 8 months ago and money has been tight to say the least,so If I bought a gun for 500 and sold it for 200 should I ask the original seller for the 300 differance? after this problem here maybe its best to sell on gunbroker

Shawn

Go Ducks!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM sent

Last edited by m21black; 02/29/08.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM sent

Last edited by m21black; 02/29/08.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

DN

I always stay out of things like this. But I REALLY hope this rifle sells to someone here for $1150.00. REALLY I do.

GB

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Well it's obvious a guy can find a$$holes everywhere. It's way out of line to pull what JOEVON did. Far as I'm concerned we don't need "new" members like that. Or did you not want to use your regular name to post?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GOFASTER
WOW not sure what to say other then the truth I said I would buy this gun without doing any research,after I got the gun starting looking around and found out how rare it was and what some have sold for,so I decided I would sell it and make some money,I lost my job 8 months ago and money has been tight to say the least,so If I bought a gun for 500 and sold it for 200 should I ask the original seller for the 300 differance? after this problem here maybe its best to sell on gunbroker

Shawn

Since some people with ultra-sensitive feelers have screwed this advertisement up for you, I would suggest you post it again, at whatever price seems good to you, and perhaps the Oprah-devotees will let the adults decide on their own whether your price is right for them or not.

How you deal with the guy you bought it from, who seems to have some issues with you, is none of our G-D business and I'd prefer they didn't share it with us.

But I'm an old guy, and wasn't brought up to expose my every need to the limitless attention of the masses, so maybe I'm just out of touch... grin.

Illegitimi non carborundum...

DN

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cowbell?

R
RGB Offline
R
I sold Shawn that rifle, and I don't have issues withe the sale. I priced the guns,he paid. I have issues with being lied to, but that may not be the case. Done is Done. Let it go. Good luck with the sale.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GOFASTER

Shawn

Since some people with ultra-sensitive feelers have screwed this advertisement up for you, I would suggest you post it again, at whatever price seems good to you, and perhaps the Oprah-devotees will let the adults decide on their own whether your price is right for them or not.

How you deal with the guy you bought it from, who seems to have some issues with you, is none of our G-D business and I'd prefer they didn't share it with us.

But I'm an old guy, and wasn't brought up to expose my every need to the limitless attention of the masses, so maybe I'm just out of touch... grin.

Illegitimi non carborundum...

DN

Can't say it any better than muledeer did......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You sound like a good man RGB.

GOFASTER, you might re-post this rifle at the market. Doesn't sound like it's gonna go for anywhere near your original offering price anyway. Then when you sell it, send a few more bucks RGB's way as a show of good faith.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
ALL of the bickering and childish posts should have taken place in private in a PM. Folks we're in America and if he can sell it for $1150 ... let him sell it. I don't think that everyone's opinions and the dogging should have been a public discussion.

My 2 cents!

Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
"Folks we're in America"...anything for a buck!!!!Whatever it takes!!

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

You're a newbie on this forum, only having signed up two months ago, and have made a grand total of three posts - all of them on this thread, and you have the nerve to violate the unwritten (and on some boards, written) policy of not bagging on someone's classified ad? If you're interested in the item, buy it, if you're not, don't - but it's none of your business if you think it's overpriced or the seller is making a profit. The market will sort itself out without your help - and that's a fact.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (257wthbylover, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.