Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Ngrumba,

Get a pair of single vision lenses with your distance Rx, then go to Cabelas and get press on bifocals. They are made by 3M and you can cut them to any desired shape or size. Make them smaller and place them low on the backside of the lenses. They will be out of the way for optics usage, but there if you need the magnification. Since you are close to 50, +2.00 is the best power. This is relatively inexpensive and easy to do.

Your right, no LASIK after RK and to be honest, contact lenses are a bit of a pain to fit to RK post ops as well. If you are considering contact lenses your best option is known as a reverse geometry rigid gas permeable, although I have been doing well with a lens called synergeyes. It is a rigid lens center combined with a soft lens "skirt" that is giving very good visual results with very good comfort. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me. I usually take a bit to return PM's because of too much time working, but I will.

ED

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
ED,
Re: pressed on bifocals.

You can also find them at Wally World, Rite Aide, and Walgreens.

NRA: Benefactor
There's never time to do it right,
but there's always time to do it over!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For me, when I had trouble with astigmatism and fighting off bifocals in my early 40's, I switched over to rigid, gas-permeable contact lenses and haven't looked back.
They worked -- the vision is very clear and I've worn the same pair for two years now.
I had worn soft contact lenses for 25 years before this and reached the point where they weren't doing much anymore, just covering over my astigmatic eyes.
The rigid (hard) lenses "form" your cornea to a more uniform shape and it really saved my vision life!
I've been very happy with them and they are a breeze to care for.

Much cheaper than lasik for now and I still don't need bifocals at 46.

Phil
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The phenomena you are referring to is called "second sight" by opthamologists...the progression which is the formation of cataracts...so it does eventually degrade once more...but then the lens gets replaced and you are as good once as you ever were.
Sorry for the humor....but I am experiencing second sight that is how I know...I am 61...and have diabetic retinopathy...which with all the lazer surgery I have had...I now have a hole in my central vision in my master eye...for trapshooting I have to look askance down the rib or the target flies out and disappears into the hole...lovely...

Ngrumba Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I may try contact lenses again. I wore hard contacts for 25 years before my RK surgery. (My eyes used to be 20/400). I will have to talk to my eye doc to see if I can wear soft ones now.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Threw my glasses away four years ago and got contacts. Still need el cheapo reading glasses for computers and reading,but that's it. No problems with scopes,binocs,or spotting game.

til later

+1

Regards,

Tom
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,732
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.