Print Thread
Hop To
O
OJF Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
O
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A OSS, THE LOCAL DEALERS SAY THEY CAN'T GET THEM YET EXCEPT ONE GUY HE SAYS HE CAN. I DON'T WANT TO ORDER ONE UNTIL I SEE HOW IT FEELS. ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON TAURUS AUTO'S. I LIKE THEIR REVOLVERS DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR AUTO'S.

LIKE MY XD BUT THE PRICES HAVE GONE UP QUITE A BIT. ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
GOOD QUESTION !!! !!! !!!

Since early 2005, the introduction of the Taurus 24/7 OSS: - It has received a "Golden Bullseye Award" and/or "Handgun Of The Year, 2005" from an NRA Journal, along with MANY rave reviews and even "range tests" from prominent gun writers and magazines. Also is heavily advertised, all over the place.

A seemingly "Success Story" for any "NEW" pistol entering this competitive market. The only thing missing seems to be the actual "PISTOL".

I spent some time researching/accumulating the many features, data, development, and specs regarding this "Wonder-Gun" - and noticed I had NO input or testimonial from any actual "consumer" who actually owned or even fired one. A Taurus 24/7 Pro? Yes. But NOT the OSS 'Service' Model.

I even found on a "Taurus International MFG, INC." Website, 3 pages of "24" different Models listed under "24/7 OSS Pistols". Along with many major Distributors sites who are listing and offering these prized jewels "For Sale". BUT ... currently as "Out Of Stock".

I'll discard my voluminous 'saved' quotes and comments regarding the history, development, and many virtues of this "said" firearm and share a couple of recent "quips" ...

The Firing Line:

Is the Taurus 24/7 OSS gonna become a reality? Is anyone even interested anymore?

The High Road:(Mar. 4, 2008)

Like most of you on this thread, I've been excited about the Taurus OSS since American Rifleman reviewed it about a hundred years ago. Everything looked good: design, ergos, appearance, etc.

But it looks But it looks like the firearm's equivalent of "VAPORWARE" in the Software Business. What's really strange about it are the large number of expensive full-page ads that Taurus has run specifically for the OSS. If I were a Taurus stockholder, I'd be pissed.

But Taurus sat on their hands too long. I just bought a Fabrique Nationale FNP 45.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am in the same boat. A LE dealer wants to push this to some local agencies; only problem is that he doesn't have any pistols!

I hear that it won't be on shelves until June. When I talked with the Taurus Rep-he said April.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,732
Posts18,514,342
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.