Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rimfire Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Got to thinking about the 1st Savage I ever owned,it was an 1861 contract musket.Did these have any connection to the present company?

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
NO

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
There you have it.How does anyone return here?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
go haunt some other place dan..f'n pos.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunterdan
How does anyone return here?

You sure don't seem to have a problem.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rimfire, that was Savage Revolving Firearms which made pistols and muskets. I think they were out of the picture way before the 1890's. The 99 was the Savage Repeating Arms Corportion, later Savage Arms and didn't exist prior to the 1890's.

Dan, I know you love to judge people by your own perceptions, but I wouldn't jump on Fug. Lots of knowledge, but hates typing. Soak up every word he utters if you want to learn..

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You guys are right.I think I like the old way of greetin people.Remember when half the guns us newbies showed pics of were called POS right off the bat?I should'nt judge others.From now on I refuse to have an opinion.You know ...the "JMO" thing.

R
rimfire Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for the answers,I thought there may have been a family connection.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's a good question, one that I tracked down for myself when I was first starting. I still don't know squat about the Civil war era Savage company except that they made revolvers and muskets.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, not the same company, but some of the pistols from that previous comapny are pretty neat and worth a pretty penny.

Dan quit being so damned petty. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You guys are right.I think I like the old way of greetin people.Remember when half the guns us newbies showed pics of were called POS right off the bat?I should'nt judge others.From now on I refuse to have an opinion.You know ...the "JMO" thing.

HD

I am very familiar with the POS comments. When I posted pictures of my 99K that was passed down from my grandfather to my dad to me asking what it was, that is the exact response I got.

The wood isn't original. It has been reblued and it has white spacers added at the buttstock and pistol grip. So to the hardcore here it is a POS.

But to me it is priceless and you will never see it up for sale.

The wino and I know the joy of the ocean like a boy knows the joy of his milkshake in motion...JB
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Giving an accurate discripition of something is not calling it a pos. Calling Dan a POS. is accurate!

DC Miller
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
POS is a harsh term but really though, alot of you guys just get so excited about a new guy with a 99EG in 300 Sav and go off the deep end screaming for pics of it. Seriously, has nobody here seen a 99EG before?

I've done single word replies before because thats all they deserve.

"Hey, I've got a 99EG in 300 Sav with serial 710XXX and an E in the date code, can someone tell me what year it was made"?

Can anyone think of more of an answer than 1953? Yet the post goes on for two more days by guys trying to get their post count up or something cause I haven't figured it out yet.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Dave@az
Calling Dan a POS. is accurate!

Actually it is not. It is only your opinion. And we all have those!

The wino and I know the joy of the ocean like a boy knows the joy of his milkshake in motion...JB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mad_dog
"Hey, I've got a 99EG in 300 Sav with serial 710XXX and an E in the date code, can someone tell me what year it was made"?

Can anyone think of more of an answer than 1953? Yet the post goes on for two more days by guys trying to get their post count up or something cause I haven't figured it out yet.

Yeah, I can think of more for a newcomer to the forum. Like what years the 99EG wer produced, whether it was factory d&t, whether sling studs are factory, how desirable it is compared to other 99's, etc, etc... How much info I provide will depend on exactly what's asked and how much time I have to answer. And even presuming that he's correct on thinking he's got a 99EG is silly.. Cabela's can't get it right, why presume that a newby here has it right? Asking for a picture is a sure way to confirm.

Just because I've seen a lot of 99EG's in 300 Savage doesn't mean I have to ignore somebody who's looking for information.

And what's with the fixation on post counts? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yeah, I can think of more for a newcomer to the forum. Like what years the 99EG wer produced, whether it was factory d&t, whether sling studs are factory, how desirable it is compared to other 99's, etc, etc... How much info I provide will depend on exactly what's asked and how much time I have to answer. And even presuming that he's correct on thinking he's got a 99EG is silly.. Cabela's can't get it right, why presume that a newby here has it right? Asking for a picture is a sure way to confirm.

Just because I've seen a lot of 99EG's in 300 Savage doesn't mean I have to ignore somebody who's looking for information.

And what's with the fixation on post counts? grin

Ahha!!!! But did he ask for any more information? NO!!!! He just wanted to know the date so why do some feel the need to keep drawing on the topic. Usually the guy doesn't even bother to get back to the post after he finds the date so are you guys that bored? Back away from the computer slowly......

As for post counts, who knows what the fixation is. I guess some figure it makes them a big shot. Wanna impress me, teach me something I didn't know and quit the grin grin grin or "hey XXXX p.m. sent".

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
When someone has something their excited about then I'm happy for'em.I remember getting my first car and appreciating someones compliment on it even though theirs was newer and much more desireable.It takes an XXX to put down someones posession even if it ain't worth spit to you.Some here call me a christian- hate spewer,POS,Troll...That's fine with me.,My main problem is the fact that many of you fellas talk about how nice each other are and how accomodating and generous ...full of good character...Bla,Bla,Bla and some of the comments I've heard here are worse and more insulting than I've heard anywhere.Sometimes I feel that this forum has gone from the 24CF to the;
" The savage festfire"Maybe I don't get around enough?
I did say I'd keep my opinions to myself... but,I slipped.Frame this one. HD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes I feel that this forum has gone from the 24CF to the;
" The savage festfire"Maybe I don't get around enough?

Dan, I don't really care if your Christian, POS, whatever......no big deal to me. You could say you were a pink baboons arse and I still wouldn't care. Fact is I see you yip off on about 99% of your posts usually about nothing to do with the topic. More or less a [bleep] disturber that has little to do to get his jollies. If you had been on one of the two sites I moderate there wouldn't even be any problems cause I would have hit the big red ban button on you long ago. As I said before, "there's a time to be political and then there isn't", you've passed the point of no return in my book.

As for Savage fest, I've never been to one myself either but I still get along with these guys. Sure I get cocky and rap off at times but they at least understand where I'm coming from and that it isn't personal. I hope that I bring something to this site as I've always tried to do with answering questions and bringing as much help as I can offer. Unfortunately you bring neither, just whining and complaining. Why don't you head over to rabble.com, there's all kinds of people you can argue with over there. Have fun and be good.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know the perfect site for him Joe. grin And no, it ain't noe you moderate on, you know where I'm thinkin' shocked

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
MD,are you still upset about the canadian toothpaste
(Preparation H) comment?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 222Sako, 53 invisible), 3,337 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,705
Posts18,534,770
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.