Campfire Member
T
WOW!
Seems like Spandex has no limits as far as stretching goes

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge,

I think that you mis-identified that. Probably because it was out of it's normal habitat, the gym.

It's the greater American leopard slug. Frequently seen in public swimming pools, drive-thru restaurants, and bus stops.

Just thank your lucky stars that you didn't see it mating.

[Linked Image]

I don't think that's Crisco, BTW...

Last edited by Steve; 04/03/08.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you throw salt on them do they melt?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steve

It's the greater American leopard slug..

Ugh... Slimax horribilus Americanus. I didn't see that in the BBC DVD series "Planet Earth."

Mating? Oh, please, Lord, NO! (Look up the Wikipedia entry on "slug" and see apophallation under "Reproduction.")

smile Stuart

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From Wiki:

"A commonly seen practice among many slugs is apophallation, when one or both of the slugs chews off the other's penis."

Yikes! Not sure what's worse, the thought of her wanting a snack or that she might have matching equipment.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Yikes! Not sure what's worse, the thought of her wanting a snack or that she might have matching equipment.

The whole thing is too horrible to contemplate. Who started this thread anyway? laugh

smile Stuart

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When picking one for a lifetime remember this tip. Look at the ankles and if they look like they will support 200 pounds- they will. Ha Ha.
Would you go for the full mount or half mount?? Jorge??
LOL.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recognize this species as Nordstrom's Bloated Leopard. C.J. McElroy bagged one at SCI III in Vegas, and had it put in a diorama at the SCI Museum in Tucson. It has a very lifelike pose, receiving a pedicure while eating an oversized slice of NY style pizza (from John's on Bleeker St.).

If one were to attempt to bag one, do you recommend small caliber and high velocity, or does size really matter? How fast? Are follow up shots needed? Will Moly coating soothe the bore? Astoglide or Hoppe's #9? Drink tequila before or after the fact? It is all so confusing! What about the after photos? Should you show your gun in the "hero" photos?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the 45/70 T/C users are more familiar with the intricacies of hunting this planet-sided by-pedal,aquatic feline. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I think the 45/70 T/C users are more familiar with the intricacies of hunting this planet-sided by-pedal,aquatic feline. jorge

...taken at 400 yards. With open sights.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dont think there will be any problem with seeing it at 400 yards.......might need that much distance between you and it to keep from barfing.........

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ULA24
I hear they charge violently at the sight of a cheeseburger or fries.

That gets us in the baiting debate. Clearly a Big Mac is using unsporting means to take the ... thing?

Kevin Haile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was recently considering dieting, and working out to shed a few, but it is certain now...I dont need to because i lost my apetite!

BTW, how do you remove this "species" from the field? I hear the Ford F650 even had a hard time with er'! But...then again, it was a ford wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh my... most of the time when you see a picture of someone who has been eaten by a large cat such as leopard or lion it is grueseome.

It appears she survivored... and I feel bad for the cat. grin

"Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit." -- John Stuart Mill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She ate the cat and wears it's hide. Very cagey critter. Burger baiting is prohibited in Africa.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you have to use Garrett Hammer heads for one of those?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

[Linked Image]

I think we have finally discovered a creature that would always stop a TSX from having an exit wound.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We need some levity around here boys, so I lifted (with a four ton forklift) the photo from another forum.

The LEPAPOTTAMUS can only be found in the super-size lane at McDonald's in Harare and can only be taken with a T/C in 45/70. Enjoy...sort of. jorge

Is that a LEPAPOTAMUS, or is it a HIPPARD?
genus/species is, I believe, Disgustus overweightii.....

[Linked Image]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Bighorn
..Is that a LEPAPOTAMUS, or is it a HIPPARD?...

OMIGAWD... it's... Abigail Hippard!!! She's on the INTERPOL Most Wanted List for rampaging through a number of MacDonalds in SA.(In one, she ate not just all the Big Macs but also the manager and a co-worker.) A SWAT team tried to take her down in 2006 but, to quote the report I read, "The bullets had no effect."

Be very afraid.

smile Stuart

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yes, I heard it cannot run very fast and soaks up bullets like a sponge soaks up water all the while laughing like a rosie o'donnel.
Its hideous! sick

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.