Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This brave woman is now likely to need protection..... heads need to roll <figuratively of course... we are the west> over the bureaucrats that let this happen. Is anyone here from this area? What is the local buzz?

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/web...s_Whistle_on_Minnesota_Madrassa#comments

Teacher Blows Whistle on Minnesota Madrassa
Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 7:57:48 am PST

Katherine Kersten exposes a publicly funded K-8 charter school in Minnesota that�s indoctrinating children into Islam, while pretending to be non-religious to keep receiving the infidel�s money: Teacher breaks wall of silence at state�s Muslim public school.

Amanda Getz of Bloomington is a substitute teacher. She worked as a substitute in two fifth-grade classrooms at TIZA on Friday, March 14. Her experience suggests that school-sponsored religious activity plays an integral role at TIZA.

Arriving on a Friday, the Muslim holy day, she says she was told that the day�s schedule included a �school assembly� in the gym after lunch.

Before the assembly, she says she was told, her duties would include taking her fifth-grade students to the bathroom, four at a time, to perform �their ritual washing.�

Afterward, Getz said, �teachers led the kids into the gym, where a man dressed in white with a white cap, who had been at the school all day,� was preparing to lead prayer. Beside him, another man �was prostrating himself in prayer on a carpet as the students entered.�

�The prayer I saw was not voluntary,� Getz said. �The kids were corralled by adults and required to go to the assembly where prayer occurred.�

Islamic Studies was also incorporated into the school day. �When I arrived, I was told �after school we have Islamic Studies,� and I might have to stay for hall duty,� Getz said. �The teachers had written assignments on the blackboard for classes like math and social studies. Islamic Studies was the last one � the board said the kids were studying the Qu�ran. The students were told to copy it into their planner, along with everything else. That gave me the impression that Islamic Studies was a subject like any other.�

After school, Getz�s fifth-graders stayed in their classroom and the man in white who had led prayer in the gym came in to teach Islamic Studies. TIZA has in effect extended the school day � buses leave only after Islamic Studies is over. Getz did not see evidence of other extra-curricular activity, except for a group of small children playing outside. Significantly, 77 percent of TIZA parents say that their �main reason for choosing TIZA ... was because of after-school programs conducted by various non-profit organizations at the end of the school period in the school building,� according to a TIZA report. TIZA may be the only school in Minnesota with this distinction.

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Another question, is this school in muslim Congressman's Keith Ellison's district?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Significantly, 77 percent of TIZA parents say that their �main reason for choosing TIZA ... was because of after-school programs conducted by various non-profit organizations at the end of the school period in the school building,�
I'd say everyone of those 77% were guilty of conspiracy to defraud the tax payers of Minnesota and the nation by obtaining public funding for a religous based school along with 100% of the teachers and administration. Book 'em Danno.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can you imagine the play this would be getting if...gasp....Christians took over a public school and had mass coersced prayers? The US attorney would be indicting people for civil rights violations right ane left. Wonder if the MSM will even notice this little skirmish in the long jihad.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This matters.... pass it on..... sure hope it gets the press it deserves and that this invasion on our society gets stomped hard. I think we need some kind of new amendment.... maybe the, "Bush did lie, islam sucks and wants to dominate the world and we are not going to let them" amendment.... OK maybe that needs a bit of polishing.... how about, "Multiculturalism is a diversionary tactic by those who wish to destroy us...... speak truth to BS....". Nah, that maybe a bit to informal for constitutional language.

A little help here.... RickyD you out there buddy? You are such a wordsmithwink

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, it's Minnesota. Think Massucusetts, Illinois and Kalifornia. It's self explanitory. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Hey, it's Minnesota. Think Massucusetts, Illinois and Kalifornia. It's self explanitory. kwg

I've never been to Minnesota... only read outdoor stories about canoeing in the boundary waters... grouse, deer and bear hunting in the great north woods<sign> Sounds like it's got it's own little Somalia now.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
There are proposals in several states to allow tax dollars to go to religious schools, usually in the form of rebates to the parents as tax credits. Lots of people are enthusiastic about these. Guess they forgot that they don't get to limit what religious schools get the funds. You can't fix stupid.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You ask what is happening locally. Well, the rest of the news sources sure haven't paid any attention to it. I watch the local news stations everyday and hadn't heard a thing about it. Since I hadn't heard about it i thought it was perhaps a hoax and clicked on the links to see where it came from. The woman writing the article is a columnist for the Minneapolis paper. I suspect they hired her as a token conservative for this mostly liberal paper. I hope something comes of this but I highly doubt anything will.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
John, you flatter me, in the presense of true masters. wink

You had it right all along:
"islam sucks".....is just so suc-cinct wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rick, "suc-cinct" why do you spend all that time herding numbers around when you have such a flair for fun with words?cool

WayneDW, thanks for the local info.... now please tell me there are parts of Minnesota where guys drive old pick ups with shotguns in the window and live for opening days. People who still live the Field and Stream lifestyle which includes some pride in core traditional values. I understand urban areas anywhere seem able to spawn metrosexual liberal blindness, but surely there are still areas where folks from your state have that down home feel... people who still say the pledge of allegiance without rolling their eyes?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Vouchers, anyone?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
The same touchhole libs that would clap about this would be the first to cry foul about voluntary prayer and using the name God in the pledge is done. What the hell is going on anymore???

"Woe, woe unto you when you call evil good, and good evil."

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Guess they forgot that they don't get to limit what religious schools get the funds. You can't fix stupid.
Maybe you can. I can't see why subversive speech against the United States of America cannot and should not be prohibited in schools that receive any funding from that same government. To not do so and enforce the same would most certainly be stupid. But stupid does seem to be in rise amoung our liberal "friends".

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What the hell is going on anymore???
Matthew 24 is going on. But I know you know that. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Here in Gainesville, we have at least one black Charter School. The kids there sure get a different civics lesson than the kids in public schools.
The reason people send kids to private school is so that they can teach the children what they feel best to teach them.
Since this school in Minn, like the black charter school here, is funded with public money, its a real problem.
Political correctness will keep anything from happening though.

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I wuz gonna say the same thing..

The libs in the 9 county metro area will LOVE this.. Of course, if any christian tried this stuff, the left would go absolutely wild, hold demonstrations and file multiple lawsuits...

Just another reason why I can't wait to get out of this area.. I'm only 40 miles away from Murderapolis..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
I wuz gonna say the same thing..

The libs in the 9 county metro area will LOVE this..

Canoeing in the boundary waters always seemed like a less expensive way to get a taste of "north country" experience closer to home. I remember reading stories about the camping /hunting/ fishing up there in Fur Fish and Game. It doesn't get much more down home than people that write for FF&G....
I would just go into fits of projectile vomiting if the guy I rented a canoe from had say, an Obama bumper sticker.
This was the first result of a Google search.... didn't see any overt left wing stuff....
http://www.elyoutfitters.com/

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nah, you won't see much of that in the northern half of the state... It's the 9 county metro area where they're as thick as dog hairs..

It's like TAX HELL WISCONSIN; 3/4 of the state's perfectly normal. But it's the major metro areas that are chock full of libs and that also happens to be the major governing areas. Ergo, we have little chance of changing anything..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks... that means it's still on my list

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,724
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.